Must...eat...junk

Options
I know that comfort isn't supposed to be served on a plate with chocolate sauce, but wow!

Today, I got some really really really really bad work-related news.

My favorite employee - the one who is most dedicated and highly trained and hard-working and dependable and all things good - let me know today that she has decided to leave her position to work for her husband.

I am soooo happy for her - and freaking out for me.

We work in a highly specialized field and the thought of having to post the job listing and interview and hire and train, etc....is causing me to think strongly about raiding the ice cream and the potato chips and the cookies and so on.

Trying to remember how hard I have worked to get to this point.

Replies

• Derameth
    Derameth Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I know that you feel that the junk food will help....But it will only make you feel miserable after. So many times I wanted to pick up a cigarette or a bowl of ice cream with bad news....but then I think....6 months smoke free.... 91 lbs down...NO NO NO NO, I am not gonna go back there...ever again.

You can do this....walk around, don't feel sorry for yourself, and yes it's awful news, but look at how far you've come!!! You can do this girl....Just say NO.
  • car01ine
    car01ine Posts: 12
    Options
    Us emotional eaters are so hard on ourselves aren't we?

Quick go for a walk, grab a handful of almonds they have been my saving grace because I feel like I'm snacking, BUT if you HAVE to have something have a small amount and move on to tomorrow. We all need a little something now and then....good luck
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    go for a jog with your headphones blaring...that gets my mind off stressful things
  • cjsgrimlin
    cjsgrimlin Posts: 246
    Options
    100 calorie packs help a little!! Don't ruin your work!!
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    So are you going to let a single event dictate how you eat?
    Maybe how you feel, but how you eat?

Eat to feed the body.
    Talking to people helps. Let people know what's on your mind, how you feel.

I know its over simplified. But I hope It helps...
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    remember this, when you eat those things, you still have to go through all the stress of having to hire and interview. added on top of that will be the guilt of having eaten all that crap, the few extra pounds you might put on, and the severe mental trashing you'll give yourself for having given in. And the stress will be more than it is now. also, if you've been eating good food, eating all that crap will make you sick. take it from me, last time i stress ate i puked for hours. So not worth it.

You are strong. Stronger than you think, you don't need to be strong tomorrow or the day after, just today. and you are way stronger than some greasy salty processed potato chips that will coat your mouth with slime or some processed, chemical-laden icecream that will sit in your stomach like a giant, melty lake, just dying to be vomited out.

Be strong. You can do it, remember you want to be a "nomorefat*****" that means you have to be a strong ***** who copes the healthy way. Might i suggest you break down everythying you need to do to hire a replacement in small, managable steps with definite time lines. that way you wont feel overwhelmed but on top of your game. and someone on top of her game doesn't eat crap.

You have got this! Kick some *kitten*!
  • rdelonga
    rdelonga Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I am the same way, if something goes wrong I want to eat, and when I am happy I think i need to

celebrate witih food. I hate that I do that. I am controling it a little better, telling myself, I have 15 lbs. off and don't

want to gain it back. I know i can do it and just need to keep in contact with everyone on here. You all give me

insentive. Thanks:smile:
  • nomorefatbitch
    Options
    Thanks all.

Survived the day. Unhappily, but survived.

Did "break down", so to speak and have a small bag (240 cals) of Smart Food Popcorn.

Fortunately the scale is forgiving.

Still unhappy today, but "over it."

Thanks again for the support.

Now back to thinking healthy thoughts and getting ready for next week's 5K walk :)