A sticky situation... HELP NEEDED

Options
On Monday I am headed on a 4 day long camping trip with the youth from my church..... I am trying not to stress over this.... I am taking a not book and writing Everything I eat... so I can back log when I get home.. And hopefully at least writing it down will help me stay focused. I am 2lbs away from the 150's (it's been 8 years) So I am writing with a sharpie 159 on the inside of my wrist to keep me focused... any good helps out there??? The camp director has asked that we not bring personal snacks unless we bring enough to shre since we have some youth who can't afford any... HOW DO I GET AROUND THIS ONE???

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Portion control. If you have to go over a little don't worry. You will be able to get back on track once you get home. Dont obsess and have a great time. Do a little more exercise everyday to make up for the extra calories. But they should have some healthy food there. No?
  • Jamazurunner
    Jamazurunner Posts: 132
    Options
    Agreed. Do the best you can, but don't obsess. Enjoy yourself, you are for the youth from your church, focus on them and less so on what you eat. Even if you over ate for 4 days you still wouldn't gain it all back. Enjoy bonding with the kiddos and enjoy the wildlife as well!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Yep - portion control - load up on lots of protein, veggies and fresh fruit. Leave the potatos, rice and bread.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Good for you on the volunteer thing! Are you providing any of the snacks? Maybe you could take a long a big bag of apples and another of carrots or something ... at least you know you'd be having SOME snacks that are tasty and good for you. Also, if you like gum, take along a big pack or two of SF (so you have some to share). Helps me crave hunger pains as does the most obvious thing of all: water.

Other than that, dls06 nailed it: it'll be all about portion control. And I agree wholeheartedly on the "don't sweat it" advice. :)

Hope it's a great trip for you!
  • tkdgirl23
    tkdgirl23 Posts: 36
    Options
    is there anyway you can find out what you will be eating before your trip.. if so.. then you can do some pre calculations on the menu options.. you'll be ready.. less stress because now you know what you can and can't eat.. stick to healthy.. veggies.. waters.. grilled.. and if you roast marshmallows.. know you can have at least one.

If you have the app on your phone.. that will make it all that much easier to calculate!

30 Hiking burns 177 calories; one s'more has 142.5 calories
    Half an hour of fishing burns 118 calories of smores
    Just 45 minutes of backpacking burns 310 calories, more than enough to enjoy two s'mores guilt-free.
    Mountain biking for 30 minutes burns 251 calories. Two s'mores contain 285 calories.
    Cooking and preparing food while standing or sitting burns 147 calories per hour

Leave the stress behind and enjoy your trip!!

Nancy