50 lbs in 4 months! = Easy

Options

Replies

• Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    If you don't have nextflix you can also watch Fat Head for free on Hulu. Just saying...
    Just watched, I also think it's great info for all of us trying to be healthy. :)

O.P.- BTW I was in color gard in high school, great fun! :happy:
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    love the graph, wonderful job, what is the key to your succès:smokin:
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    fantastic job!
  • denisemichele
    denisemichele Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    ooooooooh! guess I better watch this movie! :D
    Congrats!
  • nero14
    nero14 Posts: 14
    Options
    @ImperfektAngel-- I'd say if you've lost 67 lbs you're doing fine without the movie! hehe
    WTG
  • hyenagirl
    hyenagirl Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss! 50 lbs in 4 months, that's amazing! Fathead also changed my dieting lifestyle! I largely cut out grains from my diets. I was losing 10-12 lbs at first but it's slowed down significantly. I too love those Jr. Bacon Cheeseburgers from Wendy's. I just give one bun to the birds and eat my sammich open-face or fold it like a taco.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Fat Head completely changed my life! Everyone made it seem like it was such a horrible thing to eat fast food, and made me kind of crazy about food. But not anymore! And I've lost 12lbs in 6 weeks to prove that its not a horrid thing!
  • alslau02
    alslau02 Posts: 64
    Options
    Congrats on the weigh loss and thanks for the movie suggestion. My husband is frying up some bacon and eggs as I type this.
  • sauerkrautpolka
    sauerkrautpolka Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Hey, we're practically neighbors! Congrats on the loss! My friend (who is also on here) has told me great things about Fat Head.. I only watched the first 30 minutes (I tried to watch it on my iPod, while bored and not able to watch tv in a hotel room.. watching anything on that small of a device doesn't really work out for me) of it a couple of months ago, but plan to watch the rest soon (it's still in my Netflix queue).
  • nero14
    Options
    interestingly-- I have struck up a dialog with the producer main actor guy from Fat Head and I shared with him all your positive feedback just this evening- he thought it was cool everyone was watching his movie.
  • NickiStone
    NickiStone Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I was intrigued so I had to watch the movie tonight. I am going to try it out. Thanks for posting the topic.

AND Congrats on the weight loss!!!
  • risaiz
    risaiz Posts: 47
    Options
    I just watched this movie after reading your post. I am intrigued! I am seeing things a lot differently now. Very interesting information to digest and ponder upon. Thanks for sharing this information.
  • katijjane
    katijjane Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    congrats thats amazing! :) sadly cant watch that link in the uk though :(
  • JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    bump'
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    Watched the movie after reading the posts in this topic. Definitely gave me something to think about since I'm a diabetic and have been struggling for years following the "accepted" good eating guidelines.
  • risaiz
    risaiz Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm still thinking about the information given in this movie. I have been stuck in a 2 month plateau. I am amazed by your fantastic results. Great job! You look great! What are your daily calorie goals?
  • flamnfrekelz
    Options
    congrats!!! you did amazing!
  • mjemerson
    mjemerson Posts: 141
    Options
    Thank you thank you! We are watching it now! LOVE IT!!!
  • nero14
    Options
    about 1,600 calories a day-- but many days I end up around the 1,200 mark.

I do cardio 4 to 5 times a week. level 14 resistance (depends on the machine-- but that's relatively high on the ones at the YMCA)--

the whole movie can be boiled down to this:

VERY low carbs will make you misreable-- so shoot for around 80-100 carbs a day. You wont be miserable-- but that's still a pretty low target.

FAT IS GOOD FOR YOU! bacon, cheese, butter... everyone thinks these are so terrible for you but fat keeps you fuller longer- protein as well.

got my BS in biochemistry before my doctor of pharmacy, and I can tell you that it's just a much longer more complicated LESS EFFICIENT chemical process for your body to convert protein and fat back into blood glucose-- and that lack of efficiency is perfect for people trying to lose weight-- you WANT your body to have to work a bit harder in these conversions because that means you'll burn more calories in the process--

and there is an excellent study (some crazy lady PM'd me and disagreed, however)-- that proves that your appetite will actually decrease and bottom out around week SIX of a low or very-low calorie diet! so for all you people starting-- if you can make it through the first 3 or 4 weeks of feeling pretty hungry and a little worn down- your body will kick in and start using your fat as an energy source and you'll be back to feeling as good or BETTER than you did before the diet! it's really amazing how I can get to the end of a day having eaten 1,000 calories or less and FEEL FINE... and as a 204 lb man that's especially surprising...

update--- since I've posted this topic I've lost another 2 lbs.

yay.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!