Lose weight

Options
Emina913
Emina913 Posts: 10 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello. I am new here. I am 20 years old and I have 81 kg. I am diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyrodism. I want to lose weight and improve my health, happiness and self confidence. I tried that a couple of times but I have problem with sticking to it for a longer period of time. Last time I tried exercising I did that for a month but those were exercises for abs which was a wrong method because with them I couldn't lose weight which I know now. I became member of Fitness Pal so I can find some motivational stories about losing weight and to find a workout friends or sth like that and to ask you for some advices about what exercises should I do to lose weight and to improve my strenght since considering my health issues. I am thinking to start with Low carb high fat diet. So I would appreciate if you would like to share your experiences about this diet. Thanks for your help and support. :)

Replies

• eversmallory
    eversmallory Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have PCOS as well and am currently TTC. Low carb is best with PCOS. Staying away from fruits is best too with our insulin resistance. In addition to that, my doctor also has me doing dairy and soy free, only lean organic meat, and no sugar/sweetener/honey for hormonal reasons. I am allowed to eat berries since they're great for fertility! Feel free to add me. I have a good amount of cysters as friends on my account :) It makes for a great support system! Message me if you have any questions!
  • Emina913
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your experience with me. I am writing here because I can't send you tje message sth is wrong with the system. I was wondering how many kg did you lose with low carb diet and is it a lot harder for us with PCOS to lose weight than it is for people that don't have them?
  • AsifSadiq84
    AsifSadiq84 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just started using two months ago and losed about 10kg, people here are so positive and supportive. Feel free to add me for support and motivation!
    Always remember consistancy is key for success.
  • Emina913
    Options
    How often do you exercise? Thanks for support. :)
  • dmwh142
    dmwh142 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I also have hypothyroidism. I have had this for over 20 years. It caused a lot of struggles in the weight loss arena. Until I got on natural thyroid as opposed to synthetic I had no luck at all. I ran for most of my life and I think that kept the weight from packing on too much. I ran marathons back in 2008 and 2009 but I was still too heavy. In 2014 I went in for my first bone density scan and found my BMI was too high. My son introduced me to My Fitness Pal and I have not turned back. I swim for exercise now as my knees started giving me trouble. I have lost 34 lbs by eating a low carb, high protein diet. I have kept it off for the most part. Earlier this year my thyroid slowed even more so after about a 5 month struggle I got my doctor to increase my dose. I am currently dieting to get the weight I gained during those months back off but it is coming off pretty quickly.
    I would encourage you to use the MFP faithfully. If you find you aren't losing you can go back and see what you were doing when you were losing. It is very important to be honest with it by weighing and/or measuring all food that you eat. Through all my years of dieting and exercising I have never found a tool as help as MFP. I originally planned to lose about 15 lbs but I continued to 34 because it was working so well. I wish you lots of luck and success.
  • Emina913
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your story. I am glad that you didn't give up although it was very hard. Congratulations for your success. This is very inspiring and motivating. Thank you for your support and keep going :) I seriously need to change my eating habits because it will be even worser than it is and I don't want that. Tomorrow I will start with cardio and abs workouts and in 3 weeks I will start with low carb high fat diet. Can you tell me how often do you exercise and which wourkouts are you using? Thanks :)
  • delboy604
    delboy604 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your goals!!!
  • Emina913
    Options
    Thank you! :)
  • delboy604
    delboy604 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Feeling inspired
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hello! Welcome to MFP :) I just wanted to stop in and say that staying persistant with logging and dedicating yourself to the gym is the key to fitness. Try to do some cardio if you want to lose weight (which will make abs pop through), if you're looking to incorporate weight training and maintain your muscle mass while also dropping fat, that is a good idea and something I highly recommend as well! Do not give up, patience is key when become "fit" and after a while of seeing the progress it will become more of a lifestyle than a "diet"
  • Emina913
    Options
    Thanks for your support. I agree with you. :) patience is very important as well as not giving up and after a few months working out becomes a habit that is what people say. :) I will exercise at home. :)
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi :)

Any exercise you do will burn calories - which will help with your weight loss. As long as you are moving, the type of exercise isn't going to matter. So whether you're going for walks a few times a week or doing your ab's work-out, it's all good and will all help you. No exercise is 'wrong'!

Spend some time familiarising yourself with this community - you'll learn so much about the process and you'll gain confidence in what you are doing. There are also some really inspiring stories here from some really inspiring people so that'll help with your motivation too.

Know that you can reach your goals - stay strong, keep at it and be happy.
  • Emina913
    Options
    Thanks for your advices and support it means a lot to me. :) I already checked some inspiring stories and I am surprised how people are supportive and persistent :D
  • Emina913
    Options
    :smiley:*
  • eversmallory
    eversmallory Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have PCOS as well and am currently TTC. Low carb is best with PCOS. Staying away from fruits is best too with our insulin resistance. In addition to that, my doctor also has me doing dairy and soy free, only lean organic meat, and no sugar/sweetener/honey for hormonal reasons. I am allowed to eat berries since they're great for fertility! Feel free to add me. I have a good amount of cysters as friends on my account :) It makes for a great support system! Message me if you have any questions!

Sorry! I just saw your reply! I'm from America so I don't know how many kg 16 pounds is.... but I've lost 16.2 pounds since August 24th. It is harder for women with PCOS to lose weight. We just can't have cheat days ro anything like that. Stick to low carb (its the best with PCOS) and you will regain energy, lose the weight, and feel better overall. I think we're friends now so we should be able to message :)
  • Emina913
    Options
    15 kg is 33 pounds. Oh i understand :) how come you lost so much weight in that short period of time? Yeah I tried to send you the mesage but I could not because sth wasnt okay when I have clicked the option send. It said to me that the task had failed I tried again but it was the same.