Just want to give props to everyone...

Options
Ever since the story came out about the staggering numbers about obesity in our country (http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jul/07/health/la-he-obesity-report-20110708), I've been thinking about all the people who are really trying to reverse this epidemic either by helping themselves or trying to help others. Whether you're here to lose 2 lbs or to lose 200 lbs, I just wanted to say that it's amazing that there is a network of people out there working together to better their lives.

You all rock!! Keep up the amazing work! Just spending some time on the Success Stories board, is reason enough to keep the good fight going. I'm moved every time I see a "before and after" picture. I've never had to lose more than 10 pounds - I just can not imagine how hard it is to lose 100+, especially for those of you surrounded by people who aren't welcoming to your lifestyle change.

You're all awesome and you've chosen the harder route to get yourself to a better life, which takes a lot of courage and self awareness. Pat yourselves on your (thinner and stronger) back!

Replies

• Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Bump! Positive change is awesome.
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    The support and encouragement here is wonderful!!
  • Dellonious1
    Dellonious1 Posts: 209
    Options
    Thanks!! That means a lot ..:flowerforyou:
    If it wasnt for the NICE people here I wouldnt be where I am with my weight loss...
  • beckyann858
    beckyann858 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Got me a little choked up! Lol! Seriously though, my lifestyle change has been met with a lot of sarcasm and teasing from my real life friends and family, so most of the time, my only positive feedback and support comes from my mfp family, so having someone acknowledge what we're all trying to do on here the way you just did is really meaningful, so thank you!! :happy:
  • Dellonious1
    Options
    I was reading the story from the link you shared. Im NOT blaming my weight gain all on this but I do know it is part of the issue.
    I started my diet back in May, I gotta tell ya eating healthy food is going to break the bank. Why is it freh fruit and veggies cost so much? It cost less to buy a bag of chips than to buy a apple or orange....
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Thank you, that was such a nice post! i am one of the unfortunates that has to lose
    100 lbs, but I'm on my way, and i will succeed! There is wonderful support and motivation here,
    and i am more motivated than ever, finally I have the tools, people and energy (thank the Lord)
    that it takes.

I have lost 16 lbs actually since the start to my healthy eating, and tomorrow is weigh in day!

So thanks again and be thankful and also proud of your physique! :flowerforyou:
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    I was reading the story from the link you shared. Im NOT blaming my weight gain all on this but I do know it is part of the issue.
    I started my diet back in May, I gotta tell ya eating healthy food is going to break the bank. Why is it freh fruit and veggies cost so much? It cost less to buy a bag of chips than to buy a apple or orange....

I know - it's crazy...and now everyone wants you to buy organic, which is even MORE expensive. I think the difference is a pack of chips can last on the shelf for weeks without spoiling, while a yummy, crisp healthy apple will spoil in a few days.
  • kgagnon7779
    Options

Loved it! You're gonna look HOT in that dress! And, though I still feel like I'm 20, I do have to acknowledge that I am now officially OLD(er) and you, my dear (I can call you that because I'm older than you) are MUCH wiser than your years should allow. Awesome.
  • Dellonious1
    Options
    I agree....Plus fruit is soo very YUMMY...
    Im having gastric bypass in August...to help me loose over 130lbs..
  • kgagnon7779
    Options
    I agree....Plus fruit is soo very YUMMY...
    Im having gastric bypass in August...to help me loose over 130lbs..

Good for you - as you know, that's not the easy way out. You've got a lot of work ahead of you, but you have a great attitude. My aunt had gastric bypass about 4 years ago and she is slowly and systematically reversing it. After losing 100 lbs, she's put 40 of them back on. Ugh. I feel so bad for her. I think her mental/emotional stuff wasn't where it needed to be before her surgery.