The BodyBugg or other Calorie Counters

Options
dduke01
dduke01 Posts: 19 Member
Any1 using the bodybugg? How accurate is it? I have the mio motion watch that is cool but not accurate at all and only works when I am moving ( not exercising). I want to know what I am truly burning when I work out. This program and the cardio machines are usually 30 cal different which is pretty impressive. I know I am loosing weight at a rediculous pace but Its not the point. Is this product worth it or any other. Cause my watch got high review and I am kinda disapointed .

Replies

• SpaceMarkus
    SpaceMarkus Posts: 651
    Options
    I've had mine since November and LOVE it. I have the digital display, too. Works really well.

The other version of it out is basically the same thing. One company makes them, two companies sell them. I like the BB support team so I went with that. They're friendly and helpful.
  • skbruewer
    skbruewer Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Love my BobyBugg! It is 90% accurate, and honestly, that is good enough for me. I like not using an HRM and trying to calculate what I'm burning.
  • ohiomom0503
    ohiomom0503 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I have the Bodymedia Fit, made by the same company. Love it!
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    I just got the BodybuggSP and I really like it! The food data base is aweful and so I use MFP for that still. I have an underactive thyroid so I wanted to make sure I was burning and logging calories correctly. I was using a HRM and I thought I was buring lots of calories according to that but I wasn't seeing any results.... Like my elliptical machine after 60 minutes told me I burned 600 calories....MFP when logging exercise said 600 calories....my Polar FT7 said I burned like 500+ .....and the BBSP (using the Trip function to see what calories I burned during the time I exercised) says I was only burning 344 calories in an hour!!! I was shocked at the difference!! I got on my scale tho....and it went down! :) So I haven't had my BBSP long but I am seeing a difference finally! ThankG! I just took the HRM back to Academy and got my money back! And now when I log exercise on MFP and it tells me I have burn ## calories I change it to what my BodyBuggSP says. MFP is great for friends, info & food logging but I don't use it's numbers for my exercises anymore :)
  • ThumperWabbt
    ThumperWabbt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Fit and like it well enough. It doesn't seem to track my steps on a treadmill very well (I have a tendency to hold onto the sides), but for everything else it's been awesome.

Don't waste money on the bluetooth version, though. It never synchs...in 7 months and thousands of tries I've gotten it two synch 3 times. Bodymedia knows it's an issue, but they don't seem to care.