Canada; Things To Do

Options
2»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    No *kitten*. What an *kitten*. This is supposed to be a supportive site.

98% of the time, you'll get great support here. Me thinks Cutaway thought he was being funny, when he was actually being very insulting. Not the norm.
  • Toronto6fan
    Toronto6fan Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    There's a luge/bobsled track in Calgary I'm too scared to try but might suit an adrenaline junky. Great hiking in both Alberta and BC, Banff, Columbia icefields, Squamish for rock climbing, whistler/grouse for mountain biking, bungee jumping at whistler, surfing off Tofino on Vancouver Island, the list is really endless. I don't live out west anymore but you should be able to find a ton of stuff to do.
  • debsdoingthis
    debsdoingthis Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Anyway, insults notwithstanding, the drive from Calgary to Vancouver is spectacular. Banff is beautiful. The town of Banff is very touristy though and still pretty busy on the weekends. Take a drive up tunnel mountain and visit with the elks and check out the hoodoos. There are some great towns on your drive. Google map a route. The town where they shot the first Rambo movie is in the mountains and damn can't remember the name of it at the moment.
    You will have a great time!
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    oooh go to Moraine Lake. It's so beautiful that its picture used to be on the $20 bill. I bet you could find lots of place to go canoeing up there too. That's a very Canadian thing to do.

If you have time to take the ferry across from Vancouver, Victoria is beautiful. Lots of yummy crab out that way too..
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    I found some pics from when I was last out west....this is the first view of the Rockies cars just stop randomly so the people can take pictures
    ian2bifykffv.jpg

This is moraine Lake so pretty
    9snmb17hilpp.jpg
  • BenniBlanc0
    BenniBlanc0 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Wow, thanks guys... Awesome response