I'm new, i need friends and peer support!

greenhydrangea
greenhydrangea Posts: 39 Member
edited September 29 in Introduce Yourself
My goal is to lose weight to get my blood pressure down. Any one else out there like me? I'm walking 30 min to 1 hour each day. Right now this great quote is keeping me going:

Solvitur Ambulando: It is solved by walking.

"Above all, do not lose your desire to walk: every day I walk myself into a state of well-being and walk away from every illness; I have walked myself into my best thoughts, and I know of no thought so burdensome that one cannot walk away from it . . . the more one sits still, the closer one comes to feeling ill . . Thus if one just keeps on walking, everything will be all right."

Soren Kierkegaard (1847)

Replies

• that is a beautiful quote!! i will be your frend and we can support each other. just joined today and ready to loose!!! lets do this!!:smile:
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Welcome! I am working to get off my blood pressure and diabetes medications.
  • greenhydrangea
    oh great! thanks to you both!
  • davidrt
    davidrt Posts: 162
    we are all like you lol, ill add you too
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Hello and welcome, I am working hard to get to my ideal weight to keep from
    becoming a diabetic, I was told I was pre diabetic! I also walk 5 days a week
    and do some form of exercise every day!

Best of luck to you! :smile:
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Hi, another newbie here. My friend Sherrie told me about this site and how much it helped her so I had to join. This is day two and I love it already. I need to get the app on my phone so I can add items when I'm away from home.

I am disabled due to multiple health problems... most of which stem from being overweight. Severe diabetes, sever anemia, high blood pressure, migraines, gerd, sciatica... that's enough. I want to reverse diabetes and get off as many medications as I can.

I am working to lose 40 lbs before Oct. 29th. I joined the Y and work out a minimum of 3 days a week. I alternate cardio with strength training. The days I do strength, I don't get a full 30 minutes cardio but I am improving everyday! My first day at the Y I did 5 minutes on the treadmill at level 1.4. I"m just finishing week 3 at level 2.3 for 15 minutes! I hope by October I will be running on that treadmill.

I'm here because I need help and support to reach this initial goal and then the next goal too! I'm here to support you and help you achieve success too. I look forward to meeting new people and going for those goals together!
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    wtg Kelly! you are pure inspiration!
  • greenhydrangea
    Lolyballs, I am really proud of you. Keep going! I am starting slow too. I would like to run a 5k sometime in the future! This feels like an impossible thing at the moment, but hey little by little, right?
  • I'm working to not be diabetic or have a heart attack before I'm 30! I love this site and everyone here is super supportive! I'll add you!
  • greenhydrangea
    I am so glad I posted tonight. What was I waiting for? Thanks all!
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    i will be your friend i am on medication for blood pressure but hoping the weight loss will help good luck to you .....just as a note i am on hols from tomorrow i wont be online for two weeks but i will be back lol
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Welcome! You can do it! I love walking, you'll be surprise how much walking turns into the desire for more and more healthy activity choices. Walking intsead of driving, stairs instead of elevator, it's awesome. 100% with you. I don't have any blood pressure issues, but my mother, grandmother, grandfather, etc. did and I'm getting the weight off before those issues begin.
This discussion has been closed.