Have you ever felt this way??

I've been working our pretty hard these last few months. With a few hiccups around the holidays. But I've managed to lose about 4 lbs. Good right! Well I fell like I lost 10. I look in the mirror and see a bigger difference than the number on the scale. Just not sure it makes sense. Maybe it's a mind over matter thought.

It's just an odd feeling to feel thinner than what the scale says. Could it be a result of muscle?

Replies

• shoppingqueen34
    shoppingqueen34 Posts: 226 Member
    I've been working our pretty hard these last few months. With a few hiccups around the holidays. But I've managed to lose about 4 lbs. Good right! Well I fell like I lost 10. I look in the mirror and see a bigger difference than the number on the scale. Just not sure it makes sense. Maybe it's a mind over matter thought.

It's just an odd feeling to feel thinner than what the scale says. Could it be a result of muscle?
  • NO, i see the same thing i have lost about 6 lbs , but i slipped right into my 10's today and it s only been three weeks, but when i stand in the full length mirrow i can tell too especially in my thighs.....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! U look so slim already!
  • I also feel smaller that the scale says. The scale says that I have not lost any weight! But I thought I did. It is depressing. I really want the scale to change.
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Take your measurements as well! You could be getting smaller by inches, not pounds. :smile:
  • get_fit2009
    get_fit2009 Posts: 827 Member
    DON'T OBSESS ABOUT THE SCALE. If you are getting more toned and losing inches, you are doing great!!!
  • NWCountryGal
    NWCountryGal Posts: 1,992 Member
    Weird but I was thinking exactly the same thing yesterday. Yes, I know for sure that "spare" tire is smaller. But I don't "measure" every part of my body so I don't know for certain. I feel that the last pounds that I've gained are the first to disappear. Hope that makes sense. I mean I know I've gained fat in places that aren't as noticeable as say, my waist for example. I wish the scale would go down every week as hard as I am working at it. But in my heart I know that I am living a healthy lifestyle now and the fat is disappearing, slowly but surely. I think if I had "instant" gratification, I wouldn't appreciate it so much, nor would I have the time to really establish a new way of living(food and exercise)

Youre doing great!!!! denise in Sams Valley OR

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!