When is the best time to take your measurements??

Options
I've been working out for 3 weeks now & thought I'd see where my measurements were now & it was more. How can this be? Do you somehow retain fluid or something after you work out? I measured right after I worked out. I've lost 3 lbs so far doing the Hip Hop Abs & Slim in 6 & have stayed within range on my calories. Can someone help me? It's kind of depressing!

Replies

• mommy2boys
    Options
    I've been working out for 3 weeks now & thought I'd see where my measurements were now & it was more. How can this be? Do you somehow retain fluid or something after you work out? I measured right after I worked out. I've lost 3 lbs so far doing the Hip Hop Abs & Slim in 6 & have stayed within range on my calories. Can someone help me? It's kind of depressing!
  • DETERMINED2Drop
    DETERMINED2Drop Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    You typically weigh more after a work out, but I'm not sure about measurements.

I would stick to taking your measurements and weighing at the same time. (Morning time usually!)
  • alaypath
    Options
    I do it in the morning before breakfast when my stomach is completely empty. Keep going and you will see results. Sometimes it just takes a little while. I've been working on my healthy lifestyle off and on for over a year now and I have lost 25 pounds and four inches from my waist. I have been discouraged sometimes, but if you are consistent, success will come.
  • AmandaGrey
    Options
    well many times when you work out your muscles tighten up and get bigger, this could be the reason, and also if you have eaten at all that day. I think the best time to measure would be when you first wake up, right after you weigh yourself. Keep up the good work, I hope that helps. -just remember, muscle weighs more than fat.
  • mommy2boys
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • MisoSoup79
    Options
    Your muscles fill with fluid while you work out and the effect can last from 30 mins to a few hours. Like another poster said, take your measurements when you first wake up in the am.