peanut butter everyday

Options

Replies

• angelwowings23
    angelwowings23 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you can fit it into your plan...have at it! That's what it is all about. If I could just limit myself to 2 tblsp, I'd have it daily, too. I love PB too much to just do a drive-by tasting like that, though. So I try to abstain as much as possible. When I eat PB, it's a full-on jar + spoon + couch + tv show event. Lol!
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    You should be proud of yourself for being able to eat only 2 Tbsp per day. I can't even keep it in the house.

• IriaSparcast
    IriaSparcast Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I eat Lay's classic potato chips every day, through 90lbs lost and my first year of maintenance. They hafta be Lay's though. other brands just don't do it for me. I realized that the FASTEST way for me to fail was to give up the things I truly love, so I don't. I eat them moderately to prevent binging, and i learned to say "no, thanks" to the things I used to eat but not particularly enjoy, just because they were there.

If peanut butter is your pleasure AND you adjust for it elsewhere, I say GOOD JOB!
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    Mmm, peanut butter. I love peanut butter so much.

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    Options
    For those of you who eat PB everyday and are worried about the calories, try peanut butter powder.

You get the taste and protein w/only a trace of fat, which comprises about 75-80% of the calories in regular peanut butter. The difference comes down to around 188 cals vs 45 cals per 2 tbsp serving.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I eat a T of peanut butter 5 days a week, and I feel no guilt whatsoever. It's a good and tasty treat. My recommendation would be to not assign emotions to food. You should never feel guilty for eating.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    A slice of DKB and 13g of Smucker's Natural PB is a ~200calorie treat I work into my weekends lately. As long as you're clear of allergies, carry on with a smile.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 2 Tbsp daily for weeks now and I don't believe it's caused any problems with my weight loss_it's something i look forward to/enjoy.I rely on it for fats and it fits in my calorie budget.But I sometimes find myself feeling guilty about eating it and I have to convince myself there's no harm being done!_does anyone else feel this way when eating PB or any other foods that could possibly be perceived as fattening,you eat within your calories?

I love peanut butter. I wouldn't be able to eat just 2 Tbsp. Continue to enjoy it! :)
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Every morning for breakfast I have 1/2 English muffin and 2 tablespoons of chunky peanut butter. This tides me over until lunch.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I applaud your control with being able to limit it to 2 tablespoons a day - if I were to eat peanut butter everyday, I would weigh at least 400+ (because 1 serving of PB is a jar, right?!??!! :D )
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I also have about 2tbsp a day for breakfast with my toast. Not sure why you feel guilty about it
  • betrishy
    betrishy Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I eat PBfit which is amazing! Only 50 calories per serving!
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I love me some peanut butter. I probably had peanut butter with my breakfast for...3 years? I'm on to a new phase, but DO love peanut butter! I recently bought bread (not something I do often) JUST to have peanut butter toast!
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I have 32g of peanut butter every night. I make a toasted peanut butter & blackberry jam sandwich & eat it right before I go to bed when I take my vitamins. Some of them need to be taken with fat. I added peanut butter when I realized how little fat I was eating every day in an effort to stay low calorie. I don't LOVE it like some & a serving is a huge amount of it--way more than I would normally put on a sandwich if I weren't weighing it out. I do think it can be hard to get over demonizing certain foods. Years ago, it was fat. These days it's carbs. Just stay in your calorie budget & everything will be fine.
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    PB or any other foods that could possibly be perceived as fattening

"Fattening"? Context is everything.

I eat PB every day; it's super. I make a bowl with chocolate protein powder, gelatin, cocoa powder, and some sweetener. Add in a couple tablespoons of PB, and stir it all up with a little bit of water. It makes a goopy chocolate mess and it rocks, nutritionally and taste-wise. Try it out?
  • cgvet37
    cgvet37 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I eat one tablespoon every day before bed.
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    I eat a T of peanut butter 5 days a week, and I feel no guilt whatsoever. It's a good and tasty treat. My recommendation would be to not assign emotions to food. You should never feel guilty for eating.

^^ This.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Well peanut butter is health food as far as I am concerned. So yeah. Eat it it you got it!
  • Cchioles
    Cchioles Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    ive Been Slipping In Peanut Butter With Oreos For Almost A Year Now.. Its Not Going To Hurt You If Within Your Macro Budget..