When do you see the difference?

Options
So I've been eating better and working out for 1.5 weeks now. I've lost almost 8 pounds and have dropped an inch around my waist. I wasn't overly weight to begin with just needed to shed a layer and tone up. But I am wondering, although I've seen the numbers go down, when will I start to visually see my stomach tighten up and my face look thinner?

Replies

• Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 weeks to notice a difference, and it took about 8 weeks for other people to start giving me compliments about my weight loss.
    Side note - that first 8 pounds was probably mainly water weight. It's going to really slow down so don't get discouraged.
  • monicaw44
    monicaw44 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    you'll start to see a difference after about ten pounds
  • nickisa28
    nickisa28 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    It took me about 4 weeks to notice a difference, and it took about 8 weeks for other people to start giving me compliments about my weight loss.
    Side note - that first 8 pounds was probably mainly water weight. It's going to really slow down so don't get discouraged.

Same for me. I didn't have too much to lose but people are noticing now.

• alyssa0061
    alyssa0061 Posts: 652 Member
    Options
    It took six months and almost 100 pounds for me to see a difference. It's not going to be the same for everyone. There are too many variables, both physical and mental, that factor into it.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    four years later and my body is always evolving and changing...I couldn't imagine concerning myself with this after 1.5 weeks...
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    1.5 weeks in and already look for body changes? :)

Go with the 10 pounds, go with the 4 weeks, or just relax and let it happen... some people have stomach fat that comes off a lot later into weight loss.. be patient with how you lose weight in general.. not everyone loses the same way..
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    How much do you weigh?
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've lost 17 pounds so far and I *FEEL* the difference more than see it yet. I have much more stamina and am sleeping a lot better. Plus I can look down in the shower now and see -- well -- never mind :smile:
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    It took me about 20 lbs, but I started at 5'9" and 270 lbs.

My mom's counting calories as well. She started at 515 lbs, and is down to 370. I noticed awhile ago and insisted she but smaller clothing, but she just noticed for the first time today! She said "my lap is coming back, it used to be hidden entirely by my belt, and now the dog rests his head in my lap, not in my stomach"

When you notice is proportional to how much you have to lose, and also how loose or right you wear your clothes. Take pictures and you'll see the difference faster than just looking at the mirror.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    It can take your brain a while to catch up to your body. If you really want to see it, take photos and compare them. Otherwise, you see yourself in the mirror every day and will tend to just feel like you look like you for a long time. At least, that's how it works for me.
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    It really depends on the person. When I was seriously into this previously, and dropped 20 lbs, I honestly did not see anything, although others told me they did. I would recommend maybe doing progress pictures? Taking a new one monthly/weekly/however frequently you want. Seeing it like that helps tremendously. :)
  • lthames0810
    lthames0810 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    sfcrocker wrote: »
    I've lost 17 pounds so far and I *FEEL* the difference more than see it yet. I have much more stamina and am sleeping a lot better. Plus I can look down in the shower now and see -- well -- never mind :smile:

I have also lost 17 lbs and I can see no changes whatsoever in my appearance or in the fit of my clothes or my stamina. Strange how different people react to things. Maybe my 17 lbs is a much smaller percentage of my total weight than yours is.

At the grocery store I picked up 3 five pound sacks of rice just to get a feel for how much freight I had unloaded. It felt so heavy in my hands that I'm amazed by how inconsequential it is.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I feel a difference - but it's more due to my exercise than my weight loss. Apparently, others can see the weight loss and I know objectively that it's happened because I'm in smaller clothes. I don't see it yet. (But I'm not convinced I really saw how heavy I'd gotten either.)
  • Caroline393
    Caroline393 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I've lost 10 (153 to about 143) and can't see any difference at all yet. It's kind of a bummer, but I feel better. And when I need a reminder that I have made progress, I google what 10lbs of fat actually looks like and I feel a lot more proud of what ive done haha