How often do you weight yourself?

Options

Replies

• James13411
    James13411 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Every few days to make sure I'm still heading in the direction as intended but once a week is good. It's just become habit to me to check more frequently than once per week.
  • chapiano
    chapiano Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Weighing yourself every day is madness!! I weigh myself once every 4 weeks.
  • BreonnaQueen
    BreonnaQueen Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning (cus I'm obsessed lol) but official scale day is Thursday Mornings for me.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    jdhcm2006 wrote: »
    Every day. First thing. I'll use the toilet, rinse my face off with water to help wake me up and then I step on the scale. I have a wifi scale, so it directly syncs it to MFP.

It's nice to be able to see the changes, did the weight go up b/c I didn't drink enough water? ate something with a high amount of sodium? am I ovulating? is it my TOM? are my muscles retaining water b/c I did a new workout? or did I get out of control with my eating enough to warrant a gain? Normally, it's always something to do with retaining water and not actual pounds. Weighing daily is what helped me realize that I "gain" during ovulation. I never realized that until I started daily weigh-ins.

I notice I have a slight gain during ovulation as well. I find it funny that I now have more pms sign during ovulation than TOM. I am trying to figure out if for me it's due to age, almost 40, or weight loss.

For me it varies by month. There are some months all of my symptoms are during ovulation and other months all of my symptoms are during my TOM or leading up to my TOM. My body seems to like to change it up on me, lol. I guess I'll never get bored.
  • MaybeLed
    MaybeLed Posts: 250 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    zimazoom wrote: »
    olymp1a wrote: »
    I weigh in every day and use a trend weight app to watch the flucuations.

What app do you use? I would like to give it a try.
    Thanks.

I love happy scale too but it's only on iOS, My OH uses libra on android.

There's also www.trendweight.com and www.weightgrapher.com If you have a wi-fi scale these sites will auto update. Can always track manually though.

ETA: I weigh every day in the morning, the only exceptions are when I'm away from home. The below is from trendweight - from which you can see I'm overdue a holiday as I've been home every day since June

6m.png
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Every morning. It's like some people have said, it's to notice any unwanted trends that are taking place. But I only weigh myself once a day. Multiple times a day is just ridiculous since weight fluctuates throughout the day.
  • afatpersonwholikesfood
    Options
    Always been a weekly weigher, but I have been weighing daily the last couple weeks because some crazy water weight stuff happened (went from 196 to 191 to 198 to 186 and now 187 in that timespan).
  • deanne525
    deanne525 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day right before I shower, but I only log once per week...Saturday mornings. I like to know where I stand all week....I do not like the surprise of only weighing in once per week
  • bodonito
    bodonito Posts: 6 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I do it sporadically; whenever I'm feeling it. I'm not in a rush to lose weight, I trust the process and the fact that my body is feeling better. Whenever I feel lighter than before, I go and weight myself. And it's always lower than before.
    Maybe if I ever felt stuck, I'd track my weight more meticulously and draw conclusions. But so far I've preferred to focus on the eating better and feeling healthier side of it; I take weight loss as a nice plus. Of course I have a final weight goal, but it's not what matters most.
  • raven56706
    raven56706 Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    after i wake up once a week. doing it multiple times is pointless
  • TooTatToTrot
    TooTatToTrot Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Everyday. It helps me be calm about the numbers. It also holds me accountable.
  • claraoswold
    claraoswold Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    After I finish my workout. So three to four times a week. Always after a workout in the same clothes sans shoes. Right before a shower.
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    While I was losing, every two days or so.......In maintenance now, and I hit the scale once every week or two.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I weigh about once a week now, sometimes every two weeks. However, when I was in a deficit I weighed in every morning before breakfast but after my fasted burn/exercise. I only logged on my official day which I chose Thursday because it was far enough away from the weekend where I generally went hog wild on sodium. You can do it however you want though, just keep in mind a one day fluctuation of 5 lbs or even more at times can be attributed to water weight gain, waste, or even what you eat or how much you drink before you weigh in. Be consistent about what you do before you weigh in and do what feels right for you.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Daily, naked and right after I tinkle first thing in the morning.
  • itsmemalak
    itsmemalak Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Daily, every morning at least, sometimes multiple times a day, i know it's really bad but i cant help it
  • BeGrandLike
    BeGrandLike Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Every morning- it's part of my routine. Wake up, pop to the bathroom, then strip to my undies (wouldn't want PJ weight getting counted!), weigh myself, and log it in my MFP. I like seeing the way that different factors (like exercise, TOM, what kinds of food I'm eating, etcetcetc) cause different kinds of fluctuations. And I like that my "control" factor is that the conditions are the same every morning. Basically, I love me some data! And after one panic the first time I gained, like, 100g overnight (which now I know was just TOM but, shall we say, might have been a bit emosh that day..) I don't sweat it when the numbers go up as long as I know I'm logging and in a deficit :)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Every day? Every week?
    I feel like I'll get anxious waiting a whole week. I'm an impatient person

Honestly? Once a month. Maybe. At the gym only. Probably pretty inaccurate but I have OCD and the tracking/constant gym time is enough, if I saw the scale fluctuating day to day I would go nuts.
  • Antmaril
    Antmaril Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Every three weeks or so. Once I hit my goal, I intend to weigh myself every day, so I can control any upward trends. But, for now, I don't want to weigh too often, because I might get discouraged. It has taken me 8.5 months to lose 25 pounds. I would like to lose another 15 pounds.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    Daily I'm the morning...for the data.