Replies

• krae20091991
    krae20091991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for friends as well
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing. I see progress and then stop. Last time I stuck with it for about 8 months, felt great but then hit a nasty bump in my depression and derailed completely.
  • CantonRC
    CantonRC Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I do the same I start doing great and make a noticeable difference. Then for some reason I sabotage all that I achieved and end up back where I started.
    Anyone can add me if they would like I hope someday to actually reach my goal and stay there.
  • godlessandglittery
    Options
    I'm dealing with the exact same thing. I get going great, see some progress, then my depression flares or I get bored/frustrated with how long it's taking to get to where I want to be. Anyone is welcome to add me. I definitely need accountability. Looking to lose 41 pounds and keep them off FOR GOOD.
  • jcmomof2
    jcmomof2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm looking for some friends as well. Need to lose 30 pounds that have crept on over the last 8 years. Would love to have some friends going through the same thing. Thanks!
  • jsmith0724
    jsmith0724 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do the same thing... Once I have something that wasn't allowed on my diet i figured I already messed up and make a whole day of it...then I would just keep pushing off my diet. That's why I decided not to go on a specific diet and to eat anything but in moderation. I haven't lost much weight yet but I have a much better attitude about my eating. I just sent you a friend request.
  • holapearl
    holapearl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm in the same boat too! I'm having crisis because I'm 28years old and I've spent my entire 20's being obese! It's sad and depressing and I try so hard! I do really well and then I stop. Currently I'm at my biggest weight ever and I feel disgusted. I do t want to buy the next size of clothes so everything I wear is super tight. It's a hot summer and I just want to hide out in my room cos I don't want to be seen by anyone. I'm an emotional eater so when I'm sad my go straight to sugar and it makes me feel even worse. It's like a vicious cycle. At the moment I want to get back but I don't know where to start, gym or home workout videos. Strict diet vs calorie counting. Everything is so confusing right now. I definitely need some friends and some motivation
  • tahliahallitt
    tahliahallitt Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This weight loss and healthy lifestyle journey is one of the hardest things I have ever done in my life.......just about 4 months in and 20lb lighter! Still about 40lbs to go. Reading everyone's stories really makes you realise you are not alone. Feel free to add me I will give support and happily receive some too! Good luck everyone and keep going
  • alyssarhc
    alyssarhc Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have had 3 babies! And am now way out of shape! Need mfp friends to help me get motivated!!!
  • 50audrey
    50audrey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya- add me! Need more pals on my. Newsfeed too :)
  • AntonMG95
    AntonMG95 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'd love to connect to more people here!
  • iowa911mom04
    iowa911mom04 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I could have written your post myself! I'm not sure why once I start noticing changes, I seem to sabotage myself. I don't really have a lot of support at home and would like new friends to help get through the struggles and tough times. I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes a year ago and I've decided I need to lose weight and get healthy for my family. Let's help each other be accountable. Anybody feel free to add me!
  • katielyn91
    katielyn91 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really need the samething after having 2 baby boys the weight just wont let me go. Im having trouble staying motivated.
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    cmoeds8811 wrote: »
    My name is Cathy. I have always struggled with my weight and have reached the point now where I feel disgusted and ready for a lasting change. I have a habit of doing really good and start to see change and then I stop. Not sure why but I do. I gain it back plus some. When I eat healthy and workout out I feel 100X better. I let one bad day throw me off track and ruin all the progress I have made. I would like to meet people as a support team and to help keep each other accountable. If you'd like add me.

Omg Cathy, you have described me to a T.

My name is Karina. I'm 239 and in a year or two, I WILL REACH 140 (I may re-evaluate once I'm closer). I am tired of wasting all of my hardwork, a week, a month, or three later. I'm ready to commit to ME. Because taking care of me is taking care of my family.

Feel free to add me, I'm on daily and I'll support you all the way!
  • walkermichaelg
    walkermichaelg Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, I’m relatively new but on here daily. Feel free to add me for support and motivation!
  • kjdaughtridge
    kjdaughtridge Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I'm new to MFP. I'm in the same boat with starting strong and then losing motivation.
  • lionevolution01
    lionevolution01 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I'm happy to motivate.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    You can do this - I promise :)
  • fuzz82
    fuzz82 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm in the exact same boat! Always been big, have gotten close to my target weight many times then lose track. Feel so far away from where I want to be now. Looking for people to stay accountable to but in particular looking for 1 buddy or a small group to check in with on a daily basis whether it's through email or whatsapp or even on here. Someone to motivate me, knowing I'm in it with other people I think will keep me on track and so I can also help others through the slumps and weak days when you want to pack it all in.
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    You're not alone Cathy..but you can do this. Changing your life starts upstairs mentally..Get strong and fit there and you can work on your body..

Anyone can add me as well..I started on here back in March and have dropped about 80 pounds so far..I'll be happy to encourage and support anyone!

6uxpvw6r1m2j.jpg