Advice on the ketosis diet

Options
Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any advice they could help me. I'm on my first week of trying the ketosis diet. I have not yet met ketosis but I'm half way there. Does anyone have any advice on what I should eat to get into this stage sooner?

What I eat now is lots of steak beef and chicken. With broccoli is there some food I should stay away from?

Anyone's help is much appreciated

Thank you!

Replies

• mxchana
    mxchana Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I encourage you to visit the Low Carbers Forum ... there is a vast amount of info on achieving and maintaining ketosis in that group:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • BigCatMike
    BigCatMike Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    The protein could be keeping you from entering ketosis, excess protein is converted to glucose. What are your macros like? Have you been doing any exercise to burn off remaining glucose stores?
  • lodro
    lodro Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    eat more fat.
  • Michael190lbs
    Michael190lbs Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Its a Marathon NOT a Sprint anyone can lose 10 lbs of water in two weeks take it slow make it a life style and you will be good..

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    eahu21 wrote: »
    Hello everyone. I was wondering if anyone has any advice they could help me. I'm on my first week of trying the ketosis diet. I have not yet met ketosis but I'm half way there. Does anyone have any advice on what I should eat to get into this stage sooner?

What I eat now is lots of steak beef and chicken. With broccoli is there some food I should stay away from?

Anyone's help is much appreciated

Thank you!

If you're doing keto, you want to eat more fat...only moderate amounts of protein and very low carb...lots and lots of fat. Too much protein will prevent you from going into ketosis.

Why are you doing keto anyway?
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Join the Low Carber Daily. http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group Lots of help there.

Stay away from sugar and sugar substitutes. Avoid grains (wheat, oats, corn, rice, etc). Limit fruit, especially tropical fruit which is highest in sugars. Temperate fruits (apples and oranges) have lower sugars, but berries are the lowest. Limit starchy root vegetables like potatoes, carrots and onions. Eat lots of veggies, eggs, full fat dairy, and fatty meats... Bacon. ;)

I've been keto quite a while. My macros are about 5% carbs, 20% protein and 75% fats. That's around 120g of fats per day. Fats are often the key to successfully following a ketogenic diet.