Trying to Lose 35kgs in 4 months - is it possible??

Options
My current weight is 105 kgs and I'm extremely overweight. The last three days Ive been having just under 800 calories and working out 30 mins a day. Just for now. When it comes down abit I'll start exercising more and upping the calorie intake. Is anyone else on this kinda regime? I feel like I need someone on the same track for more motivation

Replies

• Jessie24330
    Jessie24330 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You might be able to do it but you will probably need to be in the hospital by the end. It's extremely unhealthy to cut that low, especially for an extended period. Weight loss that happens that quickly is also not likely to be maintained. Just from personal experience, I was never able to be successful until I became okay with "slow and steady wins the race". When I used to try, I would give up if I didn't see major leaps in short times. Now I realize that any progress is good progress and in a year I will either be more or less than I am now. Even if I only lose 1/2 pound a week average, that's 26 pounds less that I will be next year which is certainly better than being what I am now. I lost around 45 pounds and then took about a year and a half off from working on it. In that time I not only didn't gain but also lost a bit because I learned how to eat, not how to restrict, in the time that I was "active". I'm now back to it and I have the same outlook that I had last time. Quick results are nice but lasting results are much, much better.

Plus, the faster you lose, the more problems you are likely to have with loose skin, strictly from a vanity point of view.
  • Myki3012
    Myki3012 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    That's probably to extreme. Try that in eight months.
  • Neanbean13
    Neanbean13 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Plus you'll get loads of loose skin etc with rapid loss
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Why do you need to lose it in four months?

You could probably do it. But it wouldn't be particularly safe or healthy. And experience (from watching others crash diet versus taking a slower approach) tells me that you likely wouldn't keep it off. It takes time to learn the new habits that keep weight off.
  • z4oslo
    z4oslo Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Also known as the crash and burn diet.
    You are one of those that will make a "starting again" thread in a few months time.

Unless you seriously alter your weight loss plan.

Sorry to be so blunt, but its just the truth.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    To lose weight, you need commitment, patience, realistic expectations and appropriate amounts of good food every day. 1400-1450 is an appropriate amount of calories. But you have to log accurately. If you eat more than you think, or eat too little, it's not going to work. You can expect to lose up to 18 kilos in four months if you do everything correctly. To lose 35 kilos, you'd need to do everything correctly for at least 40 weeks.

If you do what you are trying to do, you will not lose much fat, but you will be hungry, ill, lethargic, lose muscle mass, and sooner or later, cave and EAT ALL THE FOOD.
  • ginaabrahams1
    ginaabrahams1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Honestly eating 800 calories a day hasn't made me feel ill, lethargic, irritated, weak and tired. I've actually been feeling really great. I use a stationary bicycle for 30 mins a day. I'm almost two weeks in on this regime and I'm down 5kgs.
  • jeanniebouchard
    jeanniebouchard Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have been battling my weight most of my life. After having my last child I was at my highest @ 270. I know I had to stop the yo-yo diet and need to loss and get health for my 3 kids. In the past 3 years I have started eaten better, eaten cleaner ad finding new ways to lose weight. I have lost over 100 pounds and only have a few more to go..
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    so I started my MFP journey at 107.1kg's that was on the 9th of May, it is now approx 18 weeks later and I have lost 15kg's. I have been eating incredibly well with no limits (i.e. no cutting out junk food, just the amount of junk food that's eaten) and started off with a 1730 calorie limit and am now down in the 1500's for my limit, I have exercised as well but for the past three weeks due to an accident I have been unable to exercise.
    (my average weight-loss a month is between 3.2-3.6kg's)

My suggestion would be don't be too drastic!! The weight didn't go on quickly, it won't leave quickly, besides being drastic is a surefire way to end up binging on all the foods that you like and can cause all sorts of problems including muscle loss, period issues, hair/ nails etc. Also weight-loss is not linear - I always put on weight due to water retention at my TOM, more exercise = same thing, there is also no way that your body is going to react to foods the same ways even if each day is the same.

A healthy intake is 1200calories a day and I would recommend you start eating around there, if you're enjoying your exercise continue to do it and as it gets harder increase your effort and resistance.

Feel free to add me as a friend if you want motivation or to see my diary for ideas. :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You may not feel bad now but your hormones will not be in a good way if you maintain such a reckless diet.
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Honestly eating 800 calories a day hasn't made me feel ill, lethargic, irritated, weak and tired. I've actually been feeling really great. I use a stationary bicycle for 30 mins a day. I'm almost two weeks in on this regime and I'm down 5kgs.

It can take weeks, even months for the effects of such a low calorie diet to become apparent. Right now you are feeling good, but your hair, your skin and your organs are slowly but surely deteriorating. And by the time you realise your hair is like straw and your skin is rough and dry it will be a bit late, it will take a very long time to reverse that kind of damage. Trust me, I know.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

And honestly, for now you ae feeling fine.. What you may feel in short term side effects will become long term issues, and due to the rapid loss, you will lose a great deal of muscle tissue along with fat and water weight. You are destined to be extremely weak and suffer serious metabolic and hormonal issues.

I hope that you will reconsider you decision to do this completely unnecessary method to weight loss. You want to lose weight weight to feel better, not worse... Why do this?
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    77 pounds in 4 months is just not realistic. Also your daily calorie goal of 800 calories is not ideal either for long term success. Weight loss is a process.