200+ Fryin' the Fat

Options

Replies

• crystalAN85
    crystalAN85 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nah, Mr. New has dropped off the planet. I know he had a lot going on between a death in the family and then visiting home for the 4th and stuff. We texted a bit when he got back into town for a day or two then he just stopped texting me. Given, I was sick of always initiating so I stopped as well, but I did text him last night telling him that I'm the type of girl that prefers to be told if interest has been lost so I don't waste my time wondering. No reply. I guess that answers that. :ohwell: Disappointing, but oh well.

I'm bounced up a bit in weight. For some reason, even though I was encouraged that as bad as I've been I haven't gained *that* much, I still seem to self-sabotage. I know what I SHOULD do, but if I make even one little mistake during the day, I develop this mentality that tells me "oh well, you already screwed up so what difference will it make if I continue like this all day?" Needless to say, this way of thinking has led to some very poor eating habits including fast food, enormous portions, bad choices in general... *sigh* How do you get rid of those negative thoughts? So far I seem to be failing at coming up with ideas to banish them...

Otherwise things are going ok. I've been mildly sucked back into the never ending cycle with the ex, but I seem to have more control this time around which I think is a good thing. Eventually I'll find someone so much better that I'll be able to cut that off completely... I hope.

Anyways, I'm gonna pass on weigh-in this week. I think I passed last week by default. :embarassed: I suppose I can just own up to it, and I'm at 220 again, which is up 5 lbs since my last weigh in a few weeks ago. Ugh. Where'd all my motivation go??? Anyone have some to lend me? :tongue:
  • Laceylala
    Laceylala Posts: 3,094 Member
    Options
    Victoria - Happy (belated) Birthday! I hope it was a great one!

Well I posted an ad on Craigslist and will fax in a lost dog report Monday when the pound and other places open back up. I will also print flyers out and get them posted when I can remember my damn alarm passcode for work. It is completely evading me the one time I need to get into work on a weekend and use the copy machine.
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    oye.

(That's all I can manage for today. Details to follow tomorrow.)
  • keishamarie4
    Options
    Hey I don't know if it is too late to join. I just saw the post and I would really like to be apart of your group. My name is Keisha. I have always had issues with my weight. Last year I worked out and ate right and finally got to a weight that I was happy with. I got pregnant shortly after and the weight just packed on. I just want to feel happy with myself again, be a good mom (not be tired after 30 mins of playing with my son), and be healthy.
    I am new to mfp so it would be nice to have some support and share support as well. Monday with be 2 weeks for me. I weighed myself Friday and I am at 235 now. I understand since I am late I might not be able to do the weight loss challenge. It is nice to have ppl to talk to tho!
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    Weigh-in... 237.2 lbs

Kendal - Boo on your friend moving away. Yay for the shirt that is too big and the new lowest weight in a decade! As for the house, I'm not sure that sucks really covers the situation. I hope that your credit score doesn't take too much of a dive.

Amy - I'm glad to hear you had a good time in Italy, can't wait to see pics!

Karen - I'm sorry to hear about the scale going up. Have you been getting adequate sleep? I know you've had a busy schedule this week and I know lack of sleep negatively effects my weight loss. Way to go on the shirt fitting! The family run sounds like fun.

Hailie - That sucks and just doesn't make logical sense about having to take the MCA test. Hopefully, the state will get started back up soon and you can get this all taken care of without having to stick around for another year. I hope things calm down for you.

Nava - I'm glad to hear the surgery went well. Hopefully, the pain won't stick around for too long.

Kerry - Sounds like a fun filled weekend! I'm still impressed with your workout commitment. I wish some of it would rub off on me.

Lacey - I'm sorry to hear about your dog getting out. Neighbors really suck sometimes. Hopefully, he'll come home or you'll find him soon.

Victoria - Happy Belated Birthday!

Sarah (WnT) - Way to go on extending your run. It definitely feels good when you are able to surpass your planned workout. I LOVE your 4 yo.

Sarah (thes) - Haha I love that you brought your scale with you. Way to go on the loss, even if it does seem unexpected. I hope you have a great vacation!

Annette - I'm sorry to hear about the virus, but at least you know what it is. I hope you recover soon.

Pam - I keep meaning to find out when our local Farmer's Market is open. I hope you were able to get some good stuff.

Tammy - Feel free to stick with us and just weigh-in when you feel comfortable, or not at all. Each of us have to take this journey in our own way. What works for one won't for another. We all have the same goal of getting healthy, the scale does not dictate your level of health. Nor is your success dependent on the scale. You've already done an amazing job losing weight so you are doing something right. Just continue to do what works and feel free to let those things go that do not.

Crystal - Sorry to hear about Mr. New. I know it is rough being single, but you deserve someone who loves you and will treat you well. I like to think that I'm proof that that special someone will come into your life when you least expect it. As for the negative thoughts and stopping them, I've been in therapy for numerous years and am finally getting to a point where they do not overwhelm me. I wish I had an easy answer, but there is usually something more complex going on behind those negative messages. However, I have the same slippery slope problem when I eat something I shouldn't have. A few things that seem to help me... I try to recall how I felt the last time I ate whatever I'm craving, it usually wasn't a good feeling, i.e. upset stomach, bloating, lower GI cramps. I also try to think about how long I will have to be on the elliptical or in Zumba class to burn off the calories. I try to remember all of the heart disease/heart attacks/diabetes on both sides of my family and how I want to life a long healthy life, that won't happen if I eat the crap. Since I've joined this group of lovely ladies, I've begun posting when I've had a bad food day and/or I tell my wife what I've done. Telling someone tends to keep me more accountable to myself as it relieves me of the guilt of thinking I'm sneaking food and these people want me to succeed and I do not want to disappoint, makes me want to do better then next day. I hope this is helpful.

Keisha - Welcome! We are always taking new people. I think we only have about 3 more weeks left in this challenge, but feel free to let us now what some of your goals are. This ladies are great! This is my second challenge with them and already they have made a positive difference on my outlook regarding my weight loss.

Check-in for Friday... 2609 burned / 1155 consumed / 1454 deficit - Exercise - Strength training and 75 min of water walking/jogging. Worked out with plans to eat at Texas Roadhouse and then plans got canceled and I caught up on sleep instead of eating.

Check-in for Saturday... 2203 burned / 1589 consumed / 614 deficit - No exercise.

The wife and I went to the gym Friday morning after work, because we had plans to eat at Texas Roadhouse that evening. We ended up in the pool for almost 2 hours and we got burned. BAD! She can't even stand to have a t-shirt on and I'm thinking strength training when I get off work may not happen. I even put sunblock on! :grumble:

Other than trying to recover from sunburns, not much is going on. Work sucks, but that's not new. I seriously think my boss has had another stroke as her behavior has changed in the last couple weeks and she's not comprehending things when my co-workers and I try to explain stuff to her. She had a small stroke early last year and only went to the ER because she was having symptoms while at work and one of my co-workers called her boss and she was forced to go upstairs. (I work in a hospital.) She's now threatening to write people for really stupid stuff like taping a piece of paper to our schedule sheet so it wouldn't fall out of the binder due to use. She considered it defacing/altering the schedule?! The wife and I are tired of the BS we both have to put up with here and are strongly considering job changes. We'll see.

Small NSV though, I was helping my mom move furniture this evening and I was able to squeeze through the stairwell with the couch in it. Six short months ago I would NOT have been able to fit. Woohoo for taking up less space!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Hiya guys! Here's a couple of pics from the vacay. I have a TON more on facebook so send me a message if you wanna be facebook friends as well as MFP pals (I don't like posting lots of pics on public boards).

DSCF0060.jpg
    This was the view of the Mediterranean Sea from our hotel balcony.

DSCF0034.jpg
    This is me on my way to the pool (notice my bright blue swim suit peeking out)

DSC_0016.jpg
    This is me & The Kid at Pompeii

DSC_0108.jpg
    This is The Fam at the top of Mount Vesuvius!!!!! (That was a hike and a half!)

Katie: I'm sorry about your sunburn! We all got sunburned this week too. I even managed to sunburn my legs (which never happens to me). Happily, this was The Kid's first sunburn ever (and he's 8) so I feel like I'm not such a terrible parent.

Keisha: Welcome to the group! I gained a ton of weight with my pregnancy and I'm STILL trying to lose it (he's 8 years old now).

Lacey: I'm so sorry about Vinny going missing. I think it Uber-sux that your neighbors just watched him take off and didn't even try to catch him. My neighbors have even tried to round up stray HORSES (yeah, as in THREE full grown horses who had gotten out of their yard and were wandering the neighborhood) and take them back home. Your neighbors suck.

Crystal: I feel you on the all-or-nothing mentality. I struggle with that myself. I try to remind myself that every time I eat is a chance to "start over" and I don't have to throw the whole day away just because I got all crazy at one meal.

Sarah: I think it's awesome that your brought your scale with you on vacation! You are hard core!!!

Tammy: I second what Kendal said - if weighing in stresses you out, then don't do it. You don't have to weigh in weekly to be part of our group.

Pam: I LOVE farmer's markets. When I lived in Monterey, there were several farmers markets that I frequented and I was part of a weekly CSA which was awesome because I got to try out a bunch of new veggies I'd probably have never thought to buy on my own (fava beans??). I haven't been able to find any farmer's markets near me in Germany but the produce in the German markets is REALLY fresh as Germans really hold freshness important (they don't buy frozen ANYTHING and they often go to the store every day for the day's meals - I can't do that, but good for them!).

Annette: I hope you're feeling better!

Victoria: Happy belated birthday!!!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Sarah (WnT) & Karen: I bribed the Kid to potty train when he was 3 and it totally worked. He wanted a luau birthday party with all his friends for his 3rd birthday and I told him he couldn't have such a grown up party wearing pull-ups and he TOTALLY bought it! He spent the month leading up to his birthday insanely focused on having zero accidents. (he is a bit of a weirdly focused kid anyway, though)

Kerry: I hope you had fun on your date!!!

Kendal: I am so sorry about the mess with the house. I:heart: U!!!!!

Nava: Feel better soon! Recovery from surgery sucks!

Hailie: I hope the gov't and your school get their crap together soon.

Kristina: I'm totally skipping this weigh in. My scale was particularly evil to me this morning so I'm shunning it. There is just no way in hell I gained 8 pounds in 6 days of vacation where I spent every single day doing lots of activity (like climbing a freaking volcano or swimming). I didn't eat all crazy either, if anything I probably ate too few calories and I know I didn't drink enough water to keep up with all the sweating. Anyways, I'm gonna give it a week to stabilize so I can assess the "real" damage.

I am certain I missed people but I tried! I have been spending the time since i got home unpacking and doing laundry and re-stocking the kitchen. Apparently, it rained like crazy when I was gone and my lawn went a bit wild so I had to bust out the pathetic lawn mower when I got back. My very sweet (and completely non-English speaking) neighbor watched me mess with the lawnmower a bit and then hollered at me that he was going to get his (thank goodness I understand more German than I can speak). He and his wife came over and mowed my lawn for me!!! It was sooooo nice. I was ecstatic. I made them some chai snickerdoodles to say thanks.

Now to get some exercise in. Have a great day ladies!
  • kmturtle3
    kmturtle3 Posts: 556
    Options
    HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY VICTORIA! :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker: I hope it was an amazing day for an amazing woman!

Besides that, I didn't run yesterday, but I did today. 3 miles in 85 degree weather at 10 in the morning? Eek. My average heart rate while running was 180. yeah. HOT. But I did it.

Yesterday I played baseball and swam. And sat by a campfire. Because apparently, that's what I do in the summertime.

That's all for now!
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Good Sunday Morning everbody! My house is SO beyond quiet its weird. Vinny is still missing and Jeff took Bart with them to the reunion...my cat comes and goes as he pleases, which means he sleeps in the living room at night. So yeah. Its nice, but weird. I've had about six people reply or call me from my craiglist ad - there was an ad posted for a greyhound near where we used to live, like 13 miles away. It was nice of them..but the people who did see the dog confirmed it wasn't Vinny. Sigh.
    And honestly my nieghbors make me want to get a huge dog that they will hate even more than they did Vinny when he barked. Obviously thats the last thing on my mind right now, especially since I only want one out of spite..but still. Jerks!

I had a super cool NSV yesterday evening. As I was posting my after P90X round 1 plans in my P90X thread, I realized that I had fitness goals for about a years worth of time!!!! My goals have always been about losing weight and fitting into those size 14s at least, etc. Right now I have plans to do one more round of P90x to finish up right around Christmas time (this time using the pull up bar the whole time instead of res bands)..and then I want to do some sort of hybrid of P90X and Kettleworx after that..and then I want to attempt running again because I REALLY want to do a Warrior Dash in September. I like that my focus has shifted. Now I stress about not getting that work out in versus what the scale will say, etc. I like this outlook much better.
    !!!!!

Kerry - WTG on running like that! I bet you burned a ton of cals.

Amy - way cool about the neighbors mowing your yard. I bet you are just retaining mass water weight right now after that trip. Especially if it was hot. Your picks are WAY cool!

Katie - sunburns can kill a work out can't they? lol. Been there done that! That sucks about your work, I'm sorry.

Keisha - welcome to the group! Just jump right in!!

Sarahwigntw- Oy? What happened girl?

Crystal - here is some motivation for you!!! Negative thoughts go away over time. Not that I am saying you need it, but have you considered counceling for the boyfriend issues? I went for a few months earlier this year and it totally helped me start processing my emotions having this random person to talk to. I think the more we talk it out the better we become at dealing with lifes Life BS.

Sarahanthes - woo hoo!!!

Tammy - girl if you don't want to worry about weighing in because its affecting your weight loss then by all means, you don't have to do that to be a part of this group!! I've not posted my weigh ins for a long time, and I'm still on the fence about doing it this challenge though I will keep it up to the end and decide if its worth it or not. THe best thing about being in this group is that we all support each others decisions and are here to bounce ideas and issues off of. So don't go away!

Pam - we have a ton of local farms here in Eugene and a couple different great farmers markets. I never get to the farmers markets because they are all the way downtown but I do look forward to going to the farms each year.

Annette - yeesh I hope your body is feeling better soon and is all recovered. If the thread rolls we will come find you!

Okay I've got caught up on everyone. I love that so many of us posted this weekend as they can get quiet!

Today its legs/back and i might just get in the Kenpo so that I can start recovery week tomorrow.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Sarah(WnT) You OK girl? Praying all OK. Let us know when you can!

Amy-welcome home? LOL! Glad you had fun, I'll check out FB pics here in a bit. Did see the new profile pic...purty you! :o)

Katie-hope job BS gets better soon. I have a boss like that...hers is a nerve that has a benign tumor pressing on it, & the pain meds she has to take make her loopy, so she f***s stuff up, then if she tries to not take it, she's a raging biznatch! *sigh* I feel your pain! I'd send a hug, but with a sunburn...ouch! Aloe vera spray is awesome stuff..no touching to apply!! Yay for NSV!! Woot!!

Tammy-the challenge is good motivation, but what we're all about is support, so the actual weight itself...blah! Who cares? We'll back you up however you need us! *hugs*

Sarah(thes) yay for loss & awesome to take scale on vacay! Wow!

Crystal-*hugs* and hope all straightens itself out. Gotta agree with Lacey a bit, counseling can be a good thing. My employer offers free counseling sessions to us if we need them. Having that person to bounce ideas off of can give a whole different perspective, as they're there to listen to YOU & help YOU!

Keisha-welcome & jump right on in there! Don't worry about "too late" we always go straight onto another challenge right away! LOL! Tell us more about you!! As you can see, we hold nothing back!

Annette-feel better soon! And I'm w/Lacey, we'll find you, no doubt!!

Lacey-I'm agreeing with you a lot today! LOL! And neighbors can take a flying leap! Blah! Hope your dog comes home! Yay for NSV!!

And...what a week! I burned 4210 calories all week! I made my challenge goal on my other thread! (3500). My team is behind right now though...and I may look better in my swimsuit than I used to, but I'm wanting to kick the people that didn't make it! Ack!
    Mellie's hiney just won't get better. She screams everytime she even sees me get a diaper out to change her. *sigh* I was even crying with her today & she was saying "Daddy, Mommy's crying" but that didn't stop her from kicking me or running to her Daddy when I was done. To make it worse, she keeps going more than once an hour most of the day. She wakes up with a dirty diaper. Breaks my heart.
    And we had the $$ in the bank from the F-I-L for the house. Well, since we didn't get the house, the $$ is still in the bank...guess what? He wants us to start payments!! SO I now have DOUBLED what I have to come up with each month. And my hubby seems to think it's OK, when for the past month, we've not made it from once check to the next w/out running out of $$. I wanna know what hole he's going to pull it out of! And he tells me we'll be fine, don't worry. Normally, I'd say sure...but right now I want to tell him to go F*** himself. And I don't drop that word often. But instead, he asks me what's wrong & I storm out of the room & say "nothing" And he goes to sleep.
    On a positive note...I finished my 2K yesterday...my 9yr old wimped out on me though, cutting corners & probably slowed me down! My 7 yr old was 4 minutes ahead of me! And my mom almost overdid it trying to keep closer to him. I was pushing Mellie though. I think I'd have done better, but I had this pain start in my foot, kinda in the back part of the arch, up into my ankle. I think I need new shoes. We did find out that the college the event was at has a fitness trail with stations you can stop & do exercises & stretches at. The boys thought it was fun, so I may have to bring them back a lot to do something fun. Esp as it's right by my mom's house. Well, VBS graduation is in 2 hours, so I'd better eat somehting & get ready to dance with the kids again! TTYL!!
  • anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Karen: OMG, how are you supposed to pay out that amount of money each month? It seems like maybe your FIL is being a bit unreasonable, no? Congrats on the 2K! I'm so sorry about Mellie's bottom. Have you taken her to the doctor? Maybe she has a yeast or fungal infection they can give you meds for.

Lacey: When are you doing your next round of P90X? I was thinking about doing another round as it isn't as hard on my gimpy foot as Insanity is.

Kerry: WTG on staying active over the weekend. You rock!!

As for me, I did KenpoX for some exercise and went grocery shopping.
  • Laceylala
    Options
    Karen - can you give all the money back to your FIL until you buy a house? I mean why would you just want have that money wither away making payments on something you aren't living in. Grr. I would be pissed at the hubby too. Sheesh. Have you tried to corn starch on Mellie's bum yet? Sorry I keep pushing it, but it was really quite amazing how fast it worked on Gracie and she had blisters at one point that wouldn't go away. It also takes the sting out.

Amy - I am going to do round two when I get back from Europe. So Around October 1st I think. This round will essentially be P120x for me lol.

I am bored already. I have no plans today and kind of want to go into town and try clothes on at Macys but I know just because I am working out doing P90X now is not the right time to try on clothes. For one I know I've not gone down in size just yet and for two it would probably be the one time I'd find The Perfect thing that I don't have money for. I need to wait until early September when I am needing to buy stuff for my trip. So for now, once I get done working out and out of the shower, I will try a few things on in my closet and see what thing fit like now. I've got a skirt that was tight and a dress I couldn't even get on, so those will be good things to try on.
  • hkallembach
    hkallembach Posts: 485
    Options
    Hi, Hi, Hi, Hi!

Ok, so Ms. Scale and I sort of love and hate each other. Honestly, I holding off to post my weight in hopes that it would go down this weekend--but it didn't it held steady. I usually take the gamble of hoping it goes down instead of going up on the day during the weekend I deem as "weigh-in" day. Sooooooooooo, after that rambling my weight is 254.2. I'm making a Target trip tomorrow and I'll get a tape measure to use for my measurements. Side note: My family are all sewers, yet, they have no tape measure in the house. What the heck!?

Kendal: Sorry, about the house. Your ex sounds like a "bunddle of joy".

Kerry: Thanks, but as of right now it seems I'll be re-taking senior all year over again. Yes, I understand it's summer vacation but usually the school administration works (not the teachers) but NOBODY was there when we went into talk to someone a few weeks ago about trying to figure something out. *insert huge punch in the wall from pure anger* What do you do for work?

Lacey: What are rage calories? I feel so dumb asking. Hope the dog comes back soon! EPIC NSV!

Karen: No college for me at The University of Michigan-Ann Arbor as of right now. What did I do to ever deserve this!? Urgh, I worked my butt off and got straight A's through high school. I kept to myself (pretty much a nerd) and that was ok with me, however, I covered my butt to make sure I didn't have to take the test when I went post secondary to receive FREE college credit. URGH! URGH! URGH! Sorry for the vent! Sounds like you had blast with VBS! What's VBS graduation?

Sarah(thes): Yayyyyyy for bringing the scale on vacation!

Pam: I'm so jealous of the Farmer's Market! The closest one to us is almost three hours away!

Katie: The "wonderful" gov't isn't suppose to be reasoned out until AT LEAST September/October...."yay"......

Amy: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! So jealous! Your pictures are amazing! Mount Vesuvius must of been a beautiful hike! Cute family, btw. I hope the "real" damage for your weight isn't so bad as time goes on!

As far as my life.................(sorry not good weekend)

1.)My mother spent the night in the E.R. due to her "amazing" gov't job and got mulled by a dog. She hates the job but it pays the bills. I'm so happy she is looking for another job because she deserves better than the Census Bureau.

2.)My father is an idiot. I strongly dislike him.

3.)abcfamily needs to show new moves instead of Harry Potter 1-4 ALL weekend, at least show 1-7 part one.

Okie dokie. I'm done chit chatting for now. Toodles Ladies! Talk again soon!
  • keishamarie4
    Options
    I don't know anyone's name so forgive me for having to use your display name. Thank you Megruder, Anvy0530 (Baby weight is horrible lol..never has my stomach looked so ugh), Laceylala, and Yocum1219!!! It is nice to come in new and feel welcome right away!

Basically I have always been a bigger girl (voluptuous as I would like to call it lol). I am not quite sure how I went from being a skinny kid to not being skinny, but it seemed to have happened over night. I have always struggled. I did crash diets and they were awesome at first then of course it all comes back on and then some. The first time I was able to lose weight and keep it off was when I worked out and ate what I wanted, but in moderation. I kind of went on a vacation from working out after I went from 256lbs to 190lbs. I had never been that small and I was pleased with being out of the 200s (as anyone would be lol). Then a couple of years later I joined Weight Watchers and realized I had gotten back up to 211lbs (which given the length of time and me not working out I was kind of expecting it). I lost 17lbs with Weight Watchers and got to 194lbs. I decided to come back to my good friend, working out and got down to 175lbs (which I am bigger framed so I felt really good at that size. I wore size 8). Then I got pregnant....oh the wonders of pregnancy lol. I thought I wasn't going to gain much at all during pregnancy. By the end of the second trimester I was like 190lbs. Then 3rd trimester came and I just kept packing on weight. I had to go to the hospital so many times cause I gained like 10lbs at a time in a week. They thought I had preeclampsia because of my rapid gain. It wasn't tho because I didn't have the high blood pressure or protein in my urine...It is still kind of a mystery how I did that lol. I ended up weighing 270 the day I went into labor. I went down to 225 a couple of months after he was born because I was just so tired and wore out from lack of sleep that I rarely ate. Which I think messed up my metabolism so when I actually started eating again my body was like finally...saving half of this meal for later and bam 20lbs gained lol.
    I just want to have that feeling again about myself that I did when I got to 175 (smallest I have ever been by the way). Then when I meet that goal I want to take it a little further and actually be thin. I have always wanted to have someone say something to me like "oh we can definitely squeeze Keisha in cause she is skinny" lol.
    So that is my story and my goals are just to lose weight and do it the right way so it doesn't just pack right back on in a year. I don't want a bandaid to fix my booboo and then take it off once its healed. I want something for the long haul. I want this to be me for the rest of my life.
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Still here.
  • hkallembach
    hkallembach Posts: 485
    Options
    Someone please crack the whip on me. I am starting to slip on my goals. Urgh.
  • Yocum1219
    Yocum1219 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hailie-*crack* VBS graduation is a little ceremony for the kids to show off some of what they did during the week. They get a certificate & there's usually a slideshow followed by food! We also had a bouncy house today! And I'm with ya on ABC family...thus I just turn it off & pop in my DVD's! As long as the kids are in bed for the last 2! We might let the 9 yr old watch them soon though. He's hitting that maturity level & he already knows what's happened thanks to his friends.

Keisha-glad you're joining us! Don't push it too hard, but remember to change the way you eat totally & when the weight is gone (not if) it'll stay gone!

Lacey-she had actually cleared up for a whole day...then got the runs again. *sigh* And she's doing the go poo every hour or so. It doesn't have TIME for anything to work before she's gone again. The butt paste is holding it's own this time. But I still went & bought another tube, as the one I have is about empty, but got the all natural version of the same thing, hoping that it might be that little difference. Corn starch has been going on for those rare hours when she doesn't go poo. It helps, but once she starts going, wiping that stuff off every hour doesn't work out so well. *sigh* She'll get there, eventually. Still putting Aveeno in her baths too. At least it's a smaller area this time around. And I asked the hubby can't we just give the $$ back & he said we'd be OK. So I'm hoping he has some kind of plan other than rushing the realtor & going with the 1st house we find that'll be "good enough" just b/c we don't want to do double payments.

Amy-no Dr. She keeps getting better, then it comes back with the poo issue. And the fact that it's so hot & humid here doesn't help at ALL! The sitter keeps her in panties all day & on the potty, but then she only pees for her most of the time, so it gets better...til she gets home. *sigh* I almost want to stuff her with cheese just to get a day of peace & see if that helps her heal, but then that leads to other issues.

And silly me...I go to the store & spend double what I normally would...but I had to buy a lot of stuff that we normally run out of in a progression....all at once. Laundry detergent, fabric softener, etc. But I was good, I put back the really cute dresses that I wanted to get for Melodie & told myself that she has enough clothes...and then had to convince her that we could get them later...such a clothes horse, at 2!! LOL!! She makes me smile, even in my pissed off moments. And that's why I have kids!

Thanks so much for letting me vent ladies! You're all so awesome! *hugs*
  • wigglentwink
    wigglentwink Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Thanks, guys. I'm doing better today. TOM is killin' me this month and all the thoughts that come with being at home with two littles under the age of 5 started to get at me. I *almost* binged yesterday. Like, I had to physically remove my body from the house because I was going to eat it. The whole thing. The whole damn house.

Check in for Sunday: I did Day 1 of Level 3 on the 30DS...That means I've listened to Jillian Michaels for 21 days straight. :) I also went for, what felt like a super long run, but was only 2.25 miles. The difference was the hills were tremendous.

NSV: my mom told me she noticed a big difference in my body today. She is my biggest champion, but she won't lie to me. My dad and sister noticed too. That felt great. Truly great.

I need to go find something friendly to eat since I am only at 750 cals for the day so far. so, I'm off and I'll reply to y'all in the mornin'!!

4yo quote of the day: "So, if chicken is from chickens and beef is from cow's and bacon is from pigs....Mom, I have *NEVER* see a "Meat" before. What do they look like?" *sigh* I love that kid.
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    <---lurking :-)
  • bubblesburst80
    bubblesburst80 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    i've stayed the same this week, which is gutting cos i've worked really hard and been good, but i'm glad as when i weighed in on weds i'd put 2llbs on!
  • megruder
    megruder Posts: 216
    Options
    Amy - Italy looks beautiful! Sorry to hear about the sunburns. Your neighbors are awesome!

Kerry - Impressed again that you ran in the heat. I don't even like the short walk from the house to the car. I need to move further north.

Lacey - I really hope you are able to locate your dog. I can't imagine what I'd do is one of ours got out and ran off. Your NSV is great. I think that's proof that your are in this for the long haul and are mostly focused on a healthy lifestyle rather than just getting the weight off, not saying you weren't in the right mindset before. There are just so many workout divas in the group!

Karen - Yay for finishing the 2K! Boo on the double payments. I hope the F-I-L will be willing work with you regarding payments. I also feel your frustration with hubby. The wife keeps telling me to quit my job and find something I want to do, which more than likely means taking a cut in pay. I keep trying to tell her we can't afford to that and I keep hearing that it will work out and be fine. Maybe our spouses are living in the same alternate reality where you can just wish money into the bank.

Hailie - I think the *insert huge punch in the wall from pure anger* comment constitutes rage calories, if I understand correctly. I hope your mom is okay. Also, *insert whip crack*.

Keisha - I think you definitely have the right idea on wanting to make a change for life, not just lose the weight. I know that change in thinking has done wonders for me.

Tammy - *waves*

Sarah (WnT) - Yay for the NSV AND way to go NOT caving to the binge monster!

Bubblesburst - At least the momentary gain didn't stay!

Check-in for Sunday... 2104 burned / 1710 consumed / 394 deficit - No exercise.

NEVER in my 32 years and 1 month on this planet would I ever have imagined that I would WANT to work only a couple days a week while my partner supported me and I claimed responsibility for the majority of household chores. However, earlier this morning I actually told my wife that I think it might be nice for me to do just that. Maybe it's the fact that our house is never clean, dishes are never done, and laundry is always piled up, because we are both so consistently sleep-deprived from working nights. Maybe I'm just so unbelievably fed up with my current job. I've never had anything against the idea, it just never seemed possible for me or even part of my character.

I know there are at least a couple ladies here that have made that choice to stay home, although I think you gals have children which we do not. What was the transition like going from working full-time to not working full-time?