Replies

• pdm3547
    pdm3547 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    What's a "diet break"?
  • narak_lol
    narak_lol Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Sure. Diet break doesnt affect my wo regime, actually I can push a bit harder.
  • lauracups
    lauracups Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Of course
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Of course. It helps with maintenance. You don't want to gain weight on your diet break.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,201 Member
    Options
    rosey35 wrote: »
    Do you still workout on a diet break?

Absolutely!!

In fact, I usually work out more.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Definitely! :)
  • rosey35
    rosey35 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    That you for that, the last 15lbs doesn't want to let go of my body, as I feel burnt out i though a 2 week break is in order. I will be tracking my food I don't agree with the not logging bit I read about on tinternet(FYI British slang for internet)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I workout whether in deficit, surplus or maintenance.
    My workouts don't actually change that much either, plus I enjoy my training so why would I stop?

If you were feeling burnt out then perhaps your deficit was too steep?
  • rosey35
    Options
    I was netting between 1230-1600 calories a day doing hard excerise for 2-2.5 hrs a day. Just finished Jillian micheals body shred along with turbo fire and hard body was doing them all together still got a month of turbo fire to go, think I will be doing rip30 and turbo fire only no more than 1.5 hrs of excerise a day after my diet break. My stats: f, 39, 161.8lbs been that weigh for couple months now.. I did 2 weeks of fitnessblender started back with turbo fire today.
  • teetertatertango
    teetertatertango Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sometimes people take a deload week where they cut back on exercise, but diet breaks and deloads don't have to be done together and might be done for different reasons.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,201 Member
    Options
    I often take diet breaks over long weekends and holidays. I know we'll be travelling and eating in cafes and restaurants, and I just don't want to be bothered trying to log everything. I don't go crazy with the eating, but I don't bother logging.

And our long weekends and holidays include a lot of cycling. We take leave from work so that we can go to events or go touring or whatever. It's all about the cycling!

We usually try to include some walking, hiking, kayaking or something else in there as well.

So I know I'm going to be burning quite a few calories. :)
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    There are time when diet breaks also mean exercise breaks! There are times when its just an exercise break, and there are times when just a calorie break is in order..

Depends on training, depending on how long dieting, depends on goals, depends if life is just getting in the way at the moment.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    In general, yes I workout on diet break weeks. Vacation weeks (as in out of town on vacation) are when I tend not to do regular exercise, though I'm normally more active then than I am at home (e.g., walking around all day.) I do have weeks when I scale back exercise at home, either because I need a break or the rest of my life gets in the way, but they don't necessarily coincide with anything diet-wise.
  • rosey35
    Options
    There are so many different ways to do it.