Google+

Options

Replies

• titletown
    titletown Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I used the video conferencing feature yesterday with 4 other people and it rocks!

Everyone can talk whenever they want, sound is clear and the video seems to be really clear as well.
  • CommandaPanda
    CommandaPanda Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Invites open again, for those of you who I had promised an invite to =X
  • lelliebugh
    lelliebugh Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I have heard about this I am so curious. If anyone can send me an invite, my e-mail address is Lelliebugh@gmail.com. thanks in advance.
  • vbhoj74
    vbhoj74 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I have heard about this I am so curious. If anyone can send me an invite, my e-mail address is Lelliebugh@gmail.com. thanks in advance.

Sent
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm a content writer for a SEO company, I just wrote a blog for the company about Google+.

please send me an invite!!!! Here is my email: Maitreyee.Brandon@gmail.com

it would be nice if I could update my clients on what Google+ is like compared to the other social networks. Thanks!
  • vbhoj74
    Options
    Hey I'm a content writer for a SEO company, I just wrote a blog for the company about Google+.

it would be nice if I could update my clients on what Google+ is like compared to the other social networks. Thanks!

Done!
  • maygans
    maygans Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    It seems to be really slow right now, but I assume that's just because it's new and they're working out the kinks. Personally, I wish companies would work out the bugs BEFORE rolling new products out to the public, but that's just me.

That's the point of beta testing...which is what it's in right now.
  • gnoccola
    gnoccola Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    If anyone needs an invite, they re opened today. Let me know.
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options

Done!

Thanks!!! I noticed that people can see my photos that I had uploaded in picasa. How do I disable that? Lol
  • tikilu
    tikilu Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would absolutely loooove an invite! Been itching to get my hands on google+! my email addy is vickiduplessis@gmail.com
    Thank you to whichever lovely person sends me an invite! ;)
  • vbhoj74
    Options
    I would absolutely loooove an invite! Been itching to get my hands on google+! my email addy is vickiduplessis@gmail.com

Invited. :)
  • psychodeli
    psychodeli Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Nevermind, just got one, thanks :)
  • tikilu
    tikilu Posts: 29 Member
    Options

Invited. :)

You absolute star! Thank you! ;)
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I've been using google+ for a few weeks. It's my first real "social networking" site so I dunno what I make of it yet.
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    my ex worked there for a while...does that mean he can invite ppl still? im confused.
  • vbhoj74
    Options

Done!

Thanks!!! I noticed that people can see my photos that I had uploaded in picasa. How do I disable that? Lol

Goto options (top right corner) > g+ settings> Profile & privace > edit photo settings

BTW I got few G+ tutorials posted on my G+ page, like understanding visibility of posts etc.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Is it possible to get the invite now that its open again? email: JMS0414@aol.com Thanks!!
  • vbhoj74
    Options
    Is it possible to get the invite now that its open again? email: JMS0414@aol.com Thanks!!

You got one ! :)

EDIT: Dont know if it would work with non gmail addresses. Let me know if it worked for u.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Ok I joined google+ too. Thing is there you can not keep things private. I like the privacy I have on facebook. I was helping a friend try to find me to add me and I can't be found. I had to send her an invite. I am not sure if I like this rule below copied from link.......

http://www.google.com/accounts/TOS

11. Content license from you

11.1 You retain copyright and any other rights you already hold in Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying the content you give Google a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, adapt, modify, translate, publish, publicly perform, publicly display and distribute any Content which you submit, post or display on or through, the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling Google to display, distribute and promote the Services and may be revoked for certain Services as defined in the Additional Terms of those Services.

Forgot to add if anyone wants a invite to google I have some available. Not sure if I will stay on there yet. Send a private message for invite.

Yes, but if you are using Facebook then you're subjecting yourself to this same risk. By using any social networking site, for that matter, you run this risk.

So in response to Google+ ToS Section 11, part 1, if you are already on a social networking website... This really shouldn't be of any concern to you.

Not totally true. Facebook gives you the option to keep things private. Google+ you can't make your profile private if you do they will delete you.
  • JoceyyySmall
    JoceyyySmall Posts: 155 Member
    Options

You got one ! :)

EDIT: Dont know if it would work with non gmail addresses. Let me know if it worked for u.

Heyy! Thanks so much for sending it. It did work in an inadvertent way. My university email uses google apps so its tech a gmail kind of address so it worked :) so the invite just got sent to the aol one, but used the other email. weird but yay I have it now.