How long would you hold cookies for a friend?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Give her a time limit. She can make time but doesn't want too. Tell her if she doesn't pick them up in X days they are yours.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    WTF? Seriously, I don't get her. She's upset that you ate a box... yet still can't find 10 minutes to pick up the others? And what stops HER from sending you texts about it? You bet if I had a friend picking up something for me, I'd be there in less than a week!

That would be the last time I'd do anything for her. Text her and give her a time frame, after which just eat them, seriously.

To answer your question though - I'd text the person when I got back, then I'd probably hold them a couple months, with a reminder every week or something that the cookies are still there...
  • cee134
    Options
    I'll be honest, I think she is getting your texts but ignoring you and for whatever reason using you for cookie storage. Is she a good friend or just a friend?
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    It's not like she paid you for them yet so I wouldn't even worry. Eat'm. This day and age you can order practically anything online. She can always get more if she really wants them, which it doesn't sound like she wants them that badly.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten them the first night she did not come get them from your house. If they are special cookies they would be gone on the ride home... from the store or dealer... lol
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I'll be honest, I think she is getting your texts but ignoring you and for whatever reason using you for cookie storage. Is she a good friend or just a friend?
    Plans often fall through because she claims to have not heard from me or she says she's tired. When we met, we really hit it off, she called me "bestie" from the start, which I found odd but didn't say anything about, although I remained reserved. Things are often about her, likely why she doesn't have many friends. Initially, she was my only friend here, but since then, I've met others who sincerely care about me and I spend time with them. She's introduced me to people she knows, I like them a lot, but it'd be weird to go hang with them and have her there since there's this drift between us.
  • CincyNeid
    CincyNeid Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Up until they turn their back.

No one turns their back on a cookie.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    WTF? Seriously, I don't get her. She's upset that you ate a box... yet still can't find 10 minutes to pick up the others? And what stops HER from sending you texts about it? You bet if I had a friend picking up something for me, I'd be there in less than a week!

That would be the last time I'd do anything for her. Text her and give her a time frame, after which just eat them, seriously.

To answer your question though - I'd text the person when I got back, then I'd probably hold them a couple months, with a reminder every week or something that the cookies are still there...
    I honestly don't get some texts she's claimed to have sent - I can't reply to a question she hasn't asked. That's when I get something along the lines of, "I haven't heard from you, so I assume you don't want to hang." I've seen our thread on her phone, sometimes mine come in weird and split up or are delivered late.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    You could go the annoying route and text her each day when you get home for the evening "I'll be home for the rest of the evening if you want to come over and get the cookies". Every.single.day. >:)

I love how she threw a guilt trip on you about it, too. Apparently since she won't have *her* cookies she's lost the will to drive even 5 minutes. Tell her to pick her least favorite relative and cut them out this time, or make 2 of them share.

This whole thing cracks me up.
    I know, right?! I asked my husband what he thought, said she just sounds disappointed she won't get her cookies, but not mad. If "it's okay" as she said, I would've seen her already. She claims to not play games, I can't help but feel this is one she's playing. I felt guilty for eating them before I got the guilt trip, when I got it, I didn't feel bad anymore because she seemed immature about it. She never said they were for others until that moment, every message up until that point was "four will hit the spot" and "my cookies".
  • cee134
    Options
    She sounds some people I know that constantly crave attention. As weird as it sounds, she may be keeping them over there so you pay her more attention. There are some red flags from what you have said, for sure.
  • MsAmandaNJ
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    She sounds some people I know that constantly crave attention. As weird as it sounds, she may be keeping them over there so you pay her more attention. There are some red flags from what you have said, for sure.
    Yeah, and that's not something I'm into. Wanna hang? Let's do it. Want me to coddle you? Not gonna happen. There are more flags, but it's just gonna turn into a *kitten* session if I air them here.
  • PowerMan40
    PowerMan40 Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    Today I would probably eat the cookies in the store before I even got out into the parking lot so I wouldn't even technically hold them at all for a friend per say.

see Im not the only one
  • _birdie__
    _birdie__ Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    ok ok ok

your next move is eat another box

text her, be like:

"there are only two left now sorry lols u better pick the last two up soon haha"

ball in her court, mother *kitten*!

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    MsAmandaNJ wrote: »
    As requested, I bought four packages of cookies for a friend, to be reimbursed upon return home. After having them sit in my place for two weeks (she was too busy - lives 5 minutes away), my husband and I ate a package. They've been here a month and a half now. I know I should've left them alone, but having them here was just too tempting. I let her know we ate one, apologized, and stuck the others in a closet. I've tried contacting her, but no response. How long would you say I'm expected to hold them? Are they mine now? How long could you hold out?

20 minutes.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I would eat them and then forget all about it. If she ever asked I could honestly just say, "What cookies?"
  • cee134
    Options
    If she gets mad at you for eating the cookies tell her I said it was OK.
  • cee134
    Options
    So.... what happened?