The last weight is quite hard to lose!

Options
I'm not overweight, but i'm only a few pounds away from satisfaction. And I believe there are plenty of us out there! I've got into running, and would love a MFP friend to share advice with and perhaps challange now and then? :)

I'm at the moment at 65kg (143 pounds) and would like to lose at least 5kg (11 pounds) and then perhaps go down to 55kg in the end (121 pounds). But the last little weight is really hard to lose!

So please contact me :)

Replies

• jesienia
    jesienia Posts: 294
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP :)

I'm around the same weight and goal as you. So I know how you feel. I'm always up for workout/diet challenges. Feel free to add me as a friend. :)
  • change_happens
    Options
    zig zag your calories
    have a high calorie day, or two
    up your calories for a week or two and then drop them down
    where a weighted vest
    participate in HIIT (high intensity interval training)

These are some of the things I have tried, and others i have read in fitness mags. Also, my son wears a weighted vest to force those last few pounds off of his already slim body.

hope this helps a little :)
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I am 74 kilos and I have been at 75 for the last 2 months!
    My goal is 68 kilos and its KILLING me i am struggling to get down it is soooo close and yet very far! I am up for a challenge!
  • newfoundRunner
    Options
    Wow, weighted vest seems drastic! Thank you for the advice :) Something I love about running however is being quite light on my feet, I think the vest could kill me! :P

But I should def give interval training a go :)
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Im about the same weight as you with the same goal....I've also taken up running. Seem to be stuck at this weight give or take a couple of pounds for the past 5 weeks. Friend request on its way :flowerforyou:
  • sidddiq
    sidddiq Posts: 17
    Options
    Hi there,

I am having the same problem i used to be 105kg came down to 74kg. Like most of us i have also taken extreme cardio on my list but things dont seem to change i tried increasing calories every now and then but my weight goes up and then i bring it back to 74kg and it stays there forever.

if any one of you can provide me with some tips it would be great and if you would like to add me pls feel free.

Regards
  • newfoundRunner
    Options
    Only tips I can give is that Running absolutly works for me :) Get into running! but WELL DONE for all that weight loss, very impressive =D

How I got into running, this really worked for me: (I was moderatly active to begin with, but HATED running and my endurance was not that great)

This only works if you actually follow through :) Decide that once a week you shall run a long distance (at any speed), one that challanges you. For me this was 5 km, i managed it, but was not used to this kind of activity. (only football for 8 years).

Run this distance once a week for about 3 weeks, then on the fourth do it twice, perhaps a bit further (my norm running distance is now 8km) after a couple of weeks try doing it three times a week for a couple of weeks. This process gives your body plently of time to adjust and does NOT wear you out, but DONT get ahead of yourself! eventually you will find twice a week is NOT enough, and you will want to do much much more, but PACE yourself otherwise you will wear yourself out, quit for a while and it may be hard to get back on that horse...

This was the pace I took it at (a slightly different one may suit you), it took some time, but it very comfortable introduced me to running, and now i LOVE running if I have my iPod !! :) And I run 5 days a week, 8 km each time.

I wish whoever reads this the best of luck, and... it really did work for me :)
    I used to HATE running...