Work makes me eat

Options
2»

Replies

• LoraMartyn
    LoraMartyn Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Train your mind. If someone offers me something, or even if I see something in the grocery store that I know will not fit into my daily calories, I stop and think "do I want to spend my calories on this"? More often than not I will walk away and say "nope". Get some treats that are low calorie that you really like and keep them at work, and maybe a favorite treat that you ONLY have when these situations happen, that way you don't feel like you are missing out quite as much.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    My last two office-food-resistance tricks.
    Gross yourself out.
    (1) Keep a photo of yourself at your worst in your desk drawer and pull it out (flab, whatever your problem is)
    (2) Imagine somebody sneezed on the office food or there is a hair in it....

OR, last resort, look for another job with a work environment without food in your face.
  • mmathew92
    mmathew92 Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    This might seem counterproductive and will even probably go against your goals but hear me out. When your friends/ co-workers bring in these delicious pastries, don't fight the urge to eat it. Instead, find the one that you will be most satisfied with eating and eat it. That's right eat it, and log it on this app, in a book or wherever you map it. It's sounds like a terrible advice, and I don't mean any harm by this but this has worked for me. Once I eat it, I don't think about eating it. I feel like I'm taking away the what if scenario. It looked delicious, I ate it and it was delicious, now I don't have to think about whether it was good or not. Or do what LoraMartyn wrote.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    mjaykup wrote: »
    jemhh wrote: »
    You can't say no.
    You can't throw food away.

What can you do?

Im open to suggestions..

those are the suggestions
  • Mouse_Potato
    Mouse_Potato Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Log it first and then decide if it's worth it or not. I find those red numbers tend to motivate me in the right direction.