Favorite Frozen Pizza or Take Out

Options
I'm starting to like Newman's Own brand, it says its whole grain though I haven't inspected the ingrediants list much... Digiorno tastes like sugar bread :grimace:

Pizza Hut looks like play-doh. I like Domino's

Favorite frozen or take out pizza?

Local places?

Replies

• tryett
    tryett Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Neither, I make my own using dough from the deli. That way my sons can have theirs with whatever they want and I can do a pizza topping casserole.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I make all of my own pizza now, which is just way better than anything you can get from the store or restaurant. I make my own dough, sauce, use only high quality ingredients, and the secret ingredient is using the grill instead of the oven. :)

If I was forced into it, I guess DiGiorno's Spicy Chicken Supreme. Pizza Margarita from Zeek's. It has been like 5-6 years since I have had national chain pizza. I remember liking Pizza Hut's handtossed Veggie Lovers.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I use my breadmaker to make me a bunch of dough. Half is rolled flat in to my own pizza crust, which is frozen for when the pizza fairy comes calling.

The other half is made in to rolls and baked the same day.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    If I had to choose a pre-made pizza this is my only low carb option:

https://www.atkins.com/products/frozen-meals/pizza/stone-fired-cheese-pizza

Otherwise it's all 100% homemade pizza for me! I've made fathead pizza, cauliflower pizza and flattened out a chicken breast and put pizza toppings on that, lol. Fathead pizza is by far my favorite variation yet. I want to try making pizza using a low carb tortilla too, that seems like an easy option :)
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I need to start making my own pizza :+1:
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    There are a couple of really good pizza places that are just local joints. But if I want to save money, I'll get a papa johns and freeze the leftovers. It heats up really well in the oven!
  • AlyssaPetsDogs
    AlyssaPetsDogs Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    There is a local chain in Columbia called Shakespeare's Pizza and it is amazing! Otherwise dominos is always good if you're craving pizza and want something cheap and quick. My favorite frozen pizza is Home Run Inn (which they don't sell in Columbia - maybe it's a Chicago thing!).
    Homemade is good too, although I always have issues with the dough not cooking in the middle, but that is probably because I put too many toppings on it!

I just love pizza :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I will happily eat any delivered pizza. :) But Hubby and I rarely order it so I do not remember which local places are best. Every one we had was good.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    There is a local chain in Columbia called Shakespeare's Pizza and it is amazing! Otherwise dominos is always good if you're craving pizza and want something cheap and quick. My favorite frozen pizza is Home Run Inn (which they don't sell in Columbia - maybe it's a Chicago thing!).
    Homemade is good too, although I always have issues with the dough not cooking in the middle, but that is probably because I put too many toppings on it!

I just love pizza :)

I'd probably have that problem, I love toppings :love:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,511 Member
    Options
    I like Round Table and Mountain Mikes. Usually go for chicken and garlic sauce pizza.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Papa Murphys thin crust Delite pizzas are yummy. Angus beef is my go to, but chicken garlic & Thai chicken chili are also good and not too bad calorie-wise.

For frozen, the thin crust Aldi take & bake pizzas are good and won't kill the calorie budget.

I often top either of these with extra veggies before baking.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    In Jersey City, we have Krispy Pizza. Their best pie is their square "Grandma" pizza!
    Just a cheese/sauce pie with basil. The sauce is so tasty! I've been known to save my calories so I can eat half a pie!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,977 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ceasar's $6 large pepperoni pizza.

I can eat 1/2 of one w/2-3 beers (about 1500 cals) in one sitting.

It's one of the reasons that I gained weight the last time and the reason I haven't touched another one in the past 4 months. ;)
  • jcsgirl86
    jcsgirl86 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    My favorite frozen pizza is Palermo's bacon, spinach and feta: http://www.palermospizza.com/our-pizza/primo-thin/uncured-bacon-spinach-feta-pizza.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Red Baron frozen pizzas if I want thin/crunchy crust; Jack's rising if I want something softer.

As for takeout - we have a Blaze Pizza that I can hit on the way home from work. 12-inch thin crust pizzas that are cooked in a stone/brick oven. Less than 800 cals for the whole pizza makes me a happy young lady.

Yum yum.

~Lyssa
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I love the newmans own roasted veggie pizza for a frozen one and the local place makes a good blt pizza. I get without mayo and put my own light mayo on at home
  • constancecutler
    Options
    Low cal use English muffins! They work great!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,854 Member
    Options
    Dominos's Godfather ... I eat one of these every couple months. :)

AU_P008_en_hero_995.png?v55521952
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My favorite frozen pizza is DiGiorno's Thin & Crispy Tomato Mozzarella with Pesto. I keep a few in my freezer at all times.
    My favorite delivery pizza is Dominos thin crust pizza with light cheese, pineapple, spinach, and mushrooms.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    For frozen I like Freschetta best of the few I've tried.

For take out we always order from one of 2 local places, both of which are excellent but different. I can't remember the last time I had a pizza from a national chain but I've always thought they were all okay but not great. There is no delivery where we live so if we are going to drive out for pizza it has to be worth the trip.