Breakfast Today

Options
2»

Replies

• BoxerBrawler
    BoxerBrawler Posts: 2,032 Member
    Options
    I don't have a photo but my breakfast was a cup of Greek yogurt (plain & fat free), with strawberries, blueberries and almonds mixed it. Total calories - 195. Total protein - 23.
  • sfcrocker
    sfcrocker Posts: 163 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I totally get that this is a low protein breakfast. For whatever reason, protein just doesn't sit well with me early in the morning (I ate this at 6:30). If I'm going to eat eggs, for example, I have them on weekends and not until 10 a.m. or so. This is a typical work breakfast for me. For lunch, I'll have turkey, chicken, tuna and/or hard boiled eggs and a glass of soy milk and then another meat protein at dinner.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    rainbowbow wrote: »
    Looks tasty! But there's hardly any protein for that number of calories. ;)

Agreed. I think we look at food the same way. If there's not enough protein it just isn't worth it, unless of course I've already hit my protein goal for the day, then bring it on! ;)

+1 I kept waiting for the protein. But it looks yummy! Love me some avocado!

If it were me, I'd halve the avocado and put a fried or poached egg on top of each of those. Instant protein. ;)
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    About 32oz of Truvia sweetened black coffee. It is now 3:15 now and I am somewhat hungry, but I don't want to eat anything I have at work. I want my ginger wasabi kettle chips at home right now! :angry:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    sfcrocker wrote: »
    I totally get that this is a low protein breakfast. For whatever reason, protein just doesn't sit well with me early in the morning (I ate this at 6:30). If I'm going to eat eggs, for example, I have them on weekends and not until 10 a.m. or so. This is a typical work breakfast for me. For lunch, I'll have turkey, chicken, tuna and/or hard boiled eggs and a glass of soy milk and then another meat protein at dinner.

Makes sense!
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    sfcrocker wrote: »

We should definitely not try to force ourselves to eat what really doesn't feel right at certain times. As long as you are meeting your goals and you feel good that is what counts no matter how you get there.
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    The avocado is a decent source of non animal protein, so I think you'll be all right for this one meal :smile:
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Because of this yummy looking OP....I bought my very first avocado's!
    I've had store bought guacamole....but never an actual avocado.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    veb74espocwy.jpeg

2 whole wheat muffets, sliced strawberries and peaches, plain Greek yogurt and coffee