LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    this is heresy
  • SylviazSpirit
    SylviazSpirit Posts: 694 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    They seem about the same to me as far as "health" goes. I eat Turkey Bacon because it's a lot less grease to deal with. I hate all that popping and hot grease you burn yourself on.... Plus I hate the smell of bacon frying...or anything frying, really. It smells up the entire house. And if you cook bacon just a wee too long, that burnt taste, gag. So, we buy turkey bacon and cook it in the air fryer for a couple minutes....No grease, no popping, no smell. But, at the end of the day it is all personal preference. I still rarely eat turkey bacon, even, but the kids like it.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    My great-aunt America demonstrated that the dipping of snuff all day and the eating of fried pork bacon, sopping the bacon grease with a biscuit, for breakfast was healthy. It didn't kill her until she was 93. That's a way of saying that all the science-based reasons to denigrate processed pork belly and celebrate processed turkey breast are valid as population studies. We are not a population and our results will vary. If you prefer one, choose it and log it accurately. Enjoy.
  • CSARdiver
    CSARdiver Posts: 6,252 Member
    Options
    Bacon - thick cut, off the hog.

Turkeys? This is blasphemous.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I can't believe this is even a discussion - PORK FAT all the way!!
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I don't like bacon enough to care about trying to sub regular bacon for turkey. Bacon for me is just a condiment or something to add a bit of additional flavor to a dish. I rarely eat it straight anymore. I usually just buy it in the crumble bags at Costco and that lasts my family several months.
  • mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I think pigs are cute, so I refuse to eat them. I eat a lot of turkey bacon though. Jennie-O makes a great one. 25 calories per slice.
  • cbusnightowl
    cbusnightowl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    mmm I love turkey bacon, my coworker calls me the devil because I prefer it over pork bacon....on a side note I've seen beef bacon at Publix once. Didn't get it, but have wondered about it ever since.
  • littlechiaseed
    littlechiaseed Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Neither. Go for sweet earth bacon
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    "Healthy" is sort of arbitrary in this context, as everyone has their own definition. For me, the lower calorie one would be the healthier option, but the pork bacon would be the only one I'd eat, so...
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Center cut bacon is comparable in calories to turkey bacon.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I love bacon but it's so hard to log properly! They give you calories for 'pan fried' and it doesn't mean anything, depending on how long you fry it for. Ugh.

The other day I ended up with more calories in my 2 slices than what the package said for 3 slices! So frustrating.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I love bacon but it's so hard to log properly! They give you calories for 'pan fried' and it doesn't mean anything, depending on how long you fry it for. Ugh.

The other day I ended up with more calories in my 2 slices than what the package said for 3 slices! So frustrating.

It's really not that hard.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Options
    mmm I love turkey bacon, my coworker calls me the devil because I prefer it over pork bacon....on a side note I've seen beef bacon at Publix once. Didn't get it, but have wondered about it ever since.

Ew. No.
    Neither. Go for sweet earth bacon

And no.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    f2wjasgtfgo2.gif

Not into turkey bacon at all. go for the REAL BACON
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    It should be a crime to call turkey bacon "bacon" - that stuff is nasty and I don't see how it is any healthier.

This x10000.