Options

Replies

• guapogringo
    Options
    The grass is always greener!
  • Tsunami79
    Tsunami79 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I like being single right now, I can loose weight without worrying about other people & the food they bring in the house, I can have the freedom of living by myself, & concentrate on getting a good job. When I have that good job, & have lost enough weight to be comfortable with myself, they I will start the dating scene again.
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    It's kind of funny to me, people complaining about being married/ taken, whichever. I've been with my husband for over 6 years, and we still do what we want. To me, that's a trusting relationship. We want to spend time together, we want to send time with friends, there's a good balance. I hated being single, and I couldn't imagine being single again. Been in the same relationship my whole adult life, and I wouldn't change it :drinker:
  • Snoozie0624
    Snoozie0624 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    BAHAHAAHAHA!!!!
  • MissLuana
    MissLuana Posts: 356
    Options
    I've been single for long enough. However, being able to do whatever you want, whenever you want, is nice.

^^^^ My thoughts exactly!!!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I can't prove it...but I suspect some folks are making excuses for "the Suck."

Course, i'm biased. A LOT. I'm terrible single. I'm wired to connect with a woman. Just. Feels. Better.

I'd really really love to have a lover to battle for the covers. I'd really enjoy reminding her to put the toilet seat back up when she's done. I'd cherrish her morning breath because it means she's there in bed, nuzzled into me. Okay, I wouldn't really cherrish the breath...but I'd understanding having to even SMELL the dragon-breath means she's there...very close to me. I'd be giddy over arguing about bills because in the middle of the argument, when we're most stirred up, there'd be a chance we'd stop talking and start making out. I can't wait for the day a lover causes me to change plans, just because I want to hang out with her more than anything. The thought of calling in sick to work, because she will not let me out of bed? Fantasy of mine.

:)
  • poshcouture
    Options
    Pro: I get the chose the movie all by myself!

Con: Going to the see movie all by myself! LOL
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    Haha, if I could find this then I would not be single either :)
  • hiker359
    hiker359 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I never go home at the end of a night out thinking it was a wast of time or money.

I can go where I want when I want without having to 'check in'.

More room in the fridge.

I take out the trash when I feel like it.

Fewer dishes to wash

Have more time to build up my savings for an engagement ring (in case that 'one' ever does come along).
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    What I miss about being single is being able to spend my money however I wanted!!

^^^this!
  • raven3lise
    raven3lise Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    After two years, it's hard to think of a good thing. :P
  • MFPBrandy
    MFPBrandy Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I don't hate being single, but I am getting a bit tired of it. On the plus side -- I was the only one with a vote when it came to naming my daughter (or for that matter, deciding it was time to have a child in the first place), my side of the bed comes out of the middle, I can keep the A/C at whatever temp I want, I pick all the movies, I cook what I want to eat...
    Yeah, I'd like to meet someone, but when I do, it's going to be a massive adjustment on my part. I've been completely self-sufficient for a very long time.
  • Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Pro: I get the chose the movie all by myself!

Con: Going to the movie all by myself! LOL

I honest to god love going to movies by myself. I went to my first movie solo at 13.

I sound like such a loner - I'm really not.
  • BabyLeila23
    Options

Course, i'm biased. A LOT. I'm terrible single. I'm wired to connect with a woman. Just. Feels. Better.

I'd really really love to have a lover to battle for the covers. I'd really enjoy reminding her to put the toilet seat back up when she's done. I'd cherrish her morning breath because it means she's there in bed, nuzzled into me. Okay, I wouldn't really cherrish the breath...but I'd understanding having to even SMELL the dragon-breath means she's there...very close to me. I'd be giddy over arguing about bills because in the middle of the argument, when we're most stirred up, there'd be a chance we'd stop talking and start making out. I can't wait for the day a lover causes me to change plans, just because I want to hang out with her more than anything. The thought of calling in sick to work, because she will not let me out of bed? Fantasy of mine.

Ummmm....you're precious :) Can every man have this philosophy please? :heart:
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I've only been single for two weeks...

But so far I can tell you it's nice not to have to make sure to call him on weekdays since I only saw him on the weekends. And he isn't ruining my eating plans for two days of every week. I can just eat what I want and not consider what he wants.

I still miss him, though. =(

Going on a month myself. I know how you feel. Hang in there.

Going on a year come Sept 6th and the divorce broke my heart. Still working on getting it together and "enjoying it". I do like watching whatever I want to watch on t.v. although I only have two channels, sitting out on the porch on my laptop or Kindle for however long I like, taking a nap when I like. However, I think I was just "designed" to be with someone I love so hope to grow old with the love of my life one day.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    I love being single...I just don't like cobwebs in my undies.

Single woman. Cobwebs in undies? YOU'RE DOING SINGLE WRONG.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Ever think about cloning yourself?
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options

I agree with another poster and this is sweet :flowerforyou:
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    I've only been single for two weeks...

But so far I can tell you it's nice not to have to make sure to call him on weekdays since I only saw him on the weekends. And he isn't ruining my eating plans for two days of every week. I can just eat what I want and not consider what he wants.

I still miss him, though. =(

Going on a month myself. I know how you feel. Hang in there.

Going on a year come Sept 6th and the divorce broke my heart. Still working on getting it together and "enjoying it". I do like watching whatever I want to watch on t.v. although I only have two channels, sitting out on the porch on my laptop or Kindle for however long I like, taking a nap when I like. However, I think I was just "designed" to be with someone I love so hope to grow old with the love of my life one day.

I LOVE the guilt free afternoon naps. Hang in there!
  • cardsfanlv
    cardsfanlv Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Happily married. BUT I'll admit theres a few things I miss from time to time.

-Not being accountable to anyone else for what I choose to do
    -Spending my money the way I want to
    -Doing what I want, when I want

But I wouldn't trade my wife for that.