• rvagnoni
    rvagnoni Posts: 75 Member
    Options
  • moonlightturk
    Options
    I <3 being single! :heart: So much more freeeedom! :drinker:
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    I find it so weird that people say 'I can do what I want' and 'I can spend my money on what I like' just because they r single...

I am married but I can still do what I want (he is my husband not my mother!) and after paying the bills we split the cash and spend it on what we like....

I know for me personally, my ex spent money before bills were paid. My truck got repo'd because he needed new video games, new movies, new electronics, new toys..........

Seriously? I would have been so mad. Man, all of this makes me love my dog so much more!

It's been 2 years and I'm still mad. And I'm mad about my sleep number that I only had for 2 years before we moved so I had to put it in my storage unit.. OR SO I THOUGHT. When he moved back in with his mom, he took my freaking bed with him and didn't tell me, now it's full of smoke because his dad smokes like a dragon. I can't use the flipping bed at all now that I paid so much money for... and get this.. he says he hates the bed, it's so uncomfortable. Well good for you, butt munch!

WOW. Well at least when you got rid of the bed you got rid of him too :drinker: Sounds like the floor would be easier to deal with lol
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I love being single for all of the casual sex. My hand never says no!
    :laugh:

That's awesome!
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    I love being single...I just don't like cobwebs in my undies.

LOVE ! Ditto my friend!
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I can't prove it...but I suspect some folks are making excuses for "the Suck."

Course, i'm biased. A LOT. I'm terrible single. I'm wired to connect with a woman. Just. Feels. Better.

I'd really really love to have a lover to battle for the covers. I'd really enjoy reminding her to put the toilet seat back up when she's done. I'd cherrish her morning breath because it means she's there in bed, nuzzled into me. Okay, I wouldn't really cherrish the breath...but I'd understanding having to even SMELL the dragon-breath means she's there...very close to me. I'd be giddy over arguing about bills because in the middle of the argument, when we're most stirred up, there'd be a chance we'd stop talking and start making out. I can't wait for the day a lover causes me to change plans, just because I want to hang out with her more than anything. The thought of calling in sick to work, because she will not let me out of bed? Fantasy of mine.

:)

Ummmm....you're precious :) Can every man have this philosophy please? :heart:

NO NO NO not every woman wants this.

^^^ AbsoLUTELY true. I spent 16 years with one of the women who really really dislikes my style of love. Me and my style of love, and love-sharing are not for every woman. I like knowing people are different. I'll simply find a woman who really digs me as-is. NOBODY should have to change the fundamental core-essence of their love style.
  • coe28
    coe28 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    I've been single for over a year, and frankly, I'm over it. Yes the independence is wonderful, but I miss having someone to share everything with, the support and the companionship.
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options
    The best thing is not having the roller coaster of emotions that I had when I was with my ex. Being able to see the positive things in life and spending my money the way I see fit. Oh yeah, finally being happy with who I am and making 'me' time finally!!

Not to say that I am not looking, but I am in a MUCH better place right now. :wink:
  • Jonahyona
    Jonahyona Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I've always been single but I don't mind it. I'm not really looking for anything until I'm done with college.
  • BabyLeila23
    Options

Course, i'm biased. A LOT. I'm terrible single. I'm wired to connect with a woman. Just. Feels. Better.

I'd really really love to have a lover to battle for the covers. I'd really enjoy reminding her to put the toilet seat back up when she's done. I'd cherrish her morning breath because it means she's there in bed, nuzzled into me. Okay, I wouldn't really cherrish the breath...but I'd understanding having to even SMELL the dragon-breath means she's there...very close to me. I'd be giddy over arguing about bills because in the middle of the argument, when we're most stirred up, there'd be a chance we'd stop talking and start making out. I can't wait for the day a lover causes me to change plans, just because I want to hang out with her more than anything. The thought of calling in sick to work, because she will not let me out of bed? Fantasy of mine.

^^^ AbsoLUTELY true. I spent 16 years with one of the women who really really dislikes my style of love. Me and my style of love, and love-sharing are not for every woman. I like knowing people are different. I'll simply find a woman who really digs me as-is. NOBODY should have to change the fundamental core-essence of their love style.

I completely agree. You should be able to be exactly who you are in a relationship.....I just haven't found that relationship yet haha. I refuse to settle.
  • jennakcoop
    Options
    I like being able to buy shoes and not have to answer why.. don't you already have a pair similar? "yes similar.. not the same!" :)

Oh and as I am currently single.. as I miss having someone there.. I totally don't miss the soring! OMG!
  • BigBodyBobby
    Options
    I like being single most of the time. I to still go on dates to movies, dinners and such. I do enjoy making someone smile,laugh out loud, and just generally feel good...but I like doing that with out the feeling of being tied down at the moment. Besides most of the women from where I am are crazy anyways,lol. I would eventually like to get back into something deeper with someone, but for now, I dig this single life.
  • Monkeymomma05
    Options

Ok, you had me at 'I cherish her morning breath' :blushing:
  • serena569
    serena569 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I loved everything about it.
    I loved the floral sheets on the bed and the purple towels in the bathroom.
    I loved that the toilet seat and lid were always down.
    I loved deciding to stop somewhere after work and not reporting it to anyone.
    I loved not cooking dinner if I wasn't hungry.

But I loved my boyfriend more.
    He doesn't care about the floral sheets if I'm nestled under them or the purple towels if I am wrapped in them.
    He learned to close the toilet after the cat jumped in his lap with wet feet.
    I learned ceheking in wasn't hard to do.
    If I'm not hungry, I still don't cook. He does. Or he has a bowl of cereal.

And we're currently looking for a wedding venue.
  • KyleODePersia13
    Options
    I don't really have a problem being single. Don't have to answer to anyone about working out whenever I please hahaha. Although not going to lie I do miss having someone to cuddle with :)
  • DetroitDarin
    Options
    I don't really have a problem being single. Don't have to answer to anyone about working out whenever I please hahaha

Hey man - in your profile pic? Are you holding your junk with your right hand, just out of camera?
  • jaded011
    jaded011 Posts: 38
    Options
    i was in a realtionship for 2 and a half years, for the last year of it, i could barely stand it, or him. i basically felt single. trapped. i finally left.. and my friend played match maker and got me with somone waaaaay too fast.. its too late- im fallen for him (finding another apartment in another town kinda fallen for him).. so i dont really remember what its like to be single. but this long distance stuff does suck and i hate not having him here to cuddle with at night (just got back from 4 days at his house) .. but- i guess not having someone totally ontop me yelling at me to eat and all but sitting on my force feeding me is the good part about the long distance..
    i guess this is off post- but closest i could relate to it....
  • DetroitDarin
    Options

I completely agree. You should be able to be exactly who you are in a relationship.....I just haven't found that relationship yet haha. I refuse to settle.

Settling is the kiss of death in a relationship.
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    [/quote]

Going on a year come Sept 6th and the divorce broke my heart. Still working on getting it together and "enjoying it". I do like watching whatever I want to watch on t.v. although I only have two channels, sitting out on the porch on my laptop or Kindle for however long I like, taking a nap when I like. However, I think I was just "designed" to be with someone I love so hope to grow old with the love of my life one day.
    [/quote]

^^This. I held the marriage together as long as I could through mental, physical, and emotional abuse, infidelity, etc. Heard about guys like him but he didn't show his true colors until we were married and the baby was on the way. I wanted a happy family life I was willing to do whatever to make it work. At the end our baby and I got dumped at my parents house 1500 miles away because we were interfering too much in his personal life. Hopefully someday we will meet someone that will love us the way we deserve to be loved and my daughter can see what a good man is supposed to be like. Its strange after going through all that that I'm still optimistic that there is a decent good man somewhere out there for me. Im in no hurry. It'll happen when its supposed to. Until then I'm enjoying life with my baby. :smile:
  • mavrick7
    mavrick7 Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    Single pros and cons:

Pros - work out at the gym all day long.
    Con - no one to enjoy the "fruits" of your labor

Pros - Meet lots of new people
    Cons - no dinner date date

Pros - crazy, lustful sex
    Cons - no cuddle time.