Who hates being single?

Options

Replies

• rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love being single...I just don't like cobwebs in my undies.

LMAO...^^this!!
  • KristyHumphrey
    KristyHumphrey Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    i have to remind myself that i did not like being single because its so hard to find along time now!! Marriage is tough! But worth it :)
  • bubbie520334
    Options

Love that ^

I have been "single" for a couple years. I haven't been celibate tho.... Being single is wonderful in the sense that I don't have to worry about anyone but myself but I do long for some companionship. I'm so picky! I just won't settle and that's a good thing but a bad thing at the same time.
    I believe when I find him, I will know and it will be amazing!!! :love:
  • 1nr15
    1nr15 Posts: 155
    Options
    Pros = doing whatever i want, not having to worry about him, not having him worry about me, not having to make plans, being able to focus on myself

Cons = not being able to cuddle, not having someone to tell things to (other than friends and family), no good morning texts :(
  • YouAreTheShit
    YouAreTheShit Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I love being single and having the freedom to do whatever whenever.

I hate the occasional moments of loneliness when they happen.

Marriage and commitment is a good thing. Not sure I want that in the near future, however.
  • The_Dominator
    The_Dominator Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's hard being single, but the good thing about it is that you can do things you want to do without any obligations for the time being. For me, I like being single, but want to meet a nice lady in the future so I can treat her right.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I don't mind it at all, the freedom to do whatever I want is great. I think someday I'd like to settle down with someone but I'm nowhere near it yet.
  • Kanderson47
    Kanderson47 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Are you really ever single when you have kids!! haha!
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I find it so weird that people say 'I can do what I want' and 'I can spend my money on what I like' just because they r single...

I am married but I can still do what I want (he is my husband not my mother!) and after paying the bills we split the cash and spend it on what we like....

I know for me personally, my ex spent money before bills were paid. My truck got repo'd because he needed new video games, new movies, new electronics, new toys..........
  • BabyLeila23
    Options
    I find it so weird that people say 'I can do what I want' and 'I can spend my money on what I like' just because they r single...

I am married but I can still do what I want (he is my husband not my mother!) and after paying the bills we split the cash and spend it on what we like....

I know for me personally, my ex spent money before bills were paid. My truck got repo'd because he needed new video games, new movies, new electronics, new toys..........

Seriously? I would have been so mad. Man, all of this makes me love my dog so much more!
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I love being single because I know who I am--I don't define myself by my partner or my place in a relationship. When I think about what I want to do, where I want to go, what I want to eat, whatever...I just have to think about me and my son. I don't have to consider what someone else wants to eat or where they want to go or what they want to do. It sounds selfish when you say it like that, but it's nice that I don't have to answer to anybody but myself. I just get to live my life the way that I want to and enjoy it.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    It means I get to spend all of my time with the people I love the most. I don't have to double check with anyone before I make plans. I can do what I want when I want to do it.
  • Mhaney
    Mhaney Posts: 467 Member
    Options

Seriously? I would have been so mad. Man, all of this makes me love my dog so much more!

It's been 2 years and I'm still mad. And I'm mad about my sleep number that I only had for 2 years before we moved so I had to put it in my storage unit.. OR SO I THOUGHT. When he moved back in with his mom, he took my freaking bed with him and didn't tell me, now it's full of smoke because his dad smokes like a dragon. I can't use the flipping bed at all now that I paid so much money for... and get this.. he says he hates the bed, it's so uncomfortable. Well good for you, butt munch!
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I am in control of it all!!

Get to be major Selfish for the first time in my life! :drinker:
  • alerica1
    alerica1 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    The best thing about being single is being able to have cereal for dinner and letting my german shepherd sleep with me.
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Pros = doing whatever i want, not having to worry about him, not having him worry about me, not having to make plans, being able to focus on myself

Cons = not being able to cuddle, not having someone to tell things to (other than friends and family), no good morning texts :(
    Not being able to cuddle is particularly a problem when I have vivid nightmares. It would be easy to shake it off and go back to sleep if there was someone else there for me to cuddle up next to. Without that, my imagination can just get away with me and drag the nightmare out into the night, leaving me lying awake for hours faking myself out about every noise, shadow, or perceived movement in the room (lately I will be lying awake and it will feel like my cat or my kid has jumped up on/bumped into the bed and I'll look around and realize that I'm alone in my room and it freaks me out!).

Also having someone to pick up the slack sounds appealing from time to time. Having someone to be the bad guy so it's not always me feeling like an a-hole when I have to discipline my son or when he's being incredibly difficult and I'm so frustrated. Helping out around the house or with Drs appointments and therapies for my son. Some help with the bills and financial stresses. Those would be nice. But the frustrations are just temporary, and those are not good reasons to get into a relationship.
  • mochi1965
    Options

LOL
    :D
    i feel ya ...
  • capnwo85
    capnwo85 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    There are no pro's. As you get older, all your friends are with someone, and you're the only jerk. Going out with groups of couples just isn't fun.
  • DetroitDarin
    DetroitDarin Posts: 955 Member
    Options

Are guys like this actually so rare girls are asking him to be cloned? I thought we were all like this.

Ok, I lied, a lot of guys are asshats, but if so many girls want a guy like this, why am I still single?

True story: I'm unique.

But it's not even so much as men being asshats. If you're a lot like me, then you'll understand you are no less-masculine than a *kitten*, or EVEN a typical guy. It'd mean you and I and a few like us figured out the awesomeness of intimacy without regard to sexual intercourse.

Okay - only a couple people here know this non-guyish fact about me...

I've had sex JUST for the intimate time afterward...just because I wanted to feel...(this is embarrassing...omg..)I wanted to feel special.

There. I said it. It's out there.

:)

:beers: to the guys who don't give a sht about man-cards. :)
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I can't prove it...but I suspect some folks are making excuses for "the Suck."

Course, i'm biased. A LOT. I'm terrible single. I'm wired to connect with a woman. Just. Feels. Better.

I'd really really love to have a lover to battle for the covers. I'd really enjoy reminding her to put the toilet seat back up when she's done. I'd cherrish her morning breath because it means she's there in bed, nuzzled into me. Okay, I wouldn't really cherrish the breath...but I'd understanding having to even SMELL the dragon-breath means she's there...very close to me. I'd be giddy over arguing about bills because in the middle of the argument, when we're most stirred up, there'd be a chance we'd stop talking and start making out. I can't wait for the day a lover causes me to change plans, just because I want to hang out with her more than anything. The thought of calling in sick to work, because she will not let me out of bed? Fantasy of mine.

:)

Ummmm....you're precious :) Can every man have this philosophy please? :heart:

NO NO NO not every woman wants this.