Who hates being single?

Options

Replies

• Huskeryogi
    Huskeryogi Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Women keep things nice, and pretty, and fresh. I miss that part. My toilet bowl is like a science experiment. LOL.
    Not all women! :ohwell:

I was gonna say "Not Me". I loathe cleaning and a couple times a year I let my laundry pile up so bad that I end up paying someone else to do it.
  • UNTOLDSMILE
    UNTOLDSMILE Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I hate it, but at least at the moment I don't have someone making me feel guilty for working out because they're too lazy to do it. (Yeah, I remember the things you said lady.)
  • gingerjen7
    gingerjen7 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Women keep things nice, and pretty, and fresh. I miss that part. My toilet bowl is like a science experiment. LOL.
    Not all women! :ohwell:

I was gonna say "Not Me". I loathe cleaning and a couple times a year I let my laundry pile up so bad that I end up paying someone else to do it.
    I really had to work at it when I became a mom, and I'll be honest, I wasn't that great at first and really struggled with it when I was going to college--between being a single mom, working, going to school, and trying to do homework, the housework just started piling up around me. Now I still have to force myself to do "chores" just so I don't feel like a terrible mother. I stay on top of it pretty well and have a weekly cleaning spree on Sunday that might be a whole day if I've slacked during the week, or just laundry and "picking up" if I've had a good week. Sunday having come and gone, I still need to clean the bathrooms this week and finish the last of the dishes, but as the week goes on, I'm sure I'll tell myself that the bathrooms can wait until next Sunday :laugh:
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Yeah, but you try. Like I just literally do nothing for a year or so. I mean, I do laundry, and I vaccum about 3 times a year. That's it. So, last night there was a giant bug...and I mean GIANT, on my kitchen counter. I took everything off the counters, and scrubbed and cleaned the counters and walls. I looked at my kitchen floor, and all along the walls, there are food crumbs everywhere. It's kinda gross. A woman just wouldn't let that happen. LOL. I'm find, until I see bugs. And, then, it's all clean. I hate bugs.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Now when I motivate myself to work out and look good, it's for me, not a guy
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I can do anything I want when ever I want! but that's boring most of the time XD!
  • taralc1
    taralc1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I can't prove it...but I suspect some folks are making excuses for "the Suck."

Course, i'm biased. A LOT. I'm terrible single. I'm wired to connect with a woman. Just. Feels. Better.

I'd really really love to have a lover to battle for the covers. I'd really enjoy reminding her to put the toilet seat back up when she's done. I'd cherrish her morning breath because it means she's there in bed, nuzzled into me. Okay, I wouldn't really cherrish the breath...but I'd understanding having to even SMELL the dragon-breath means she's there...very close to me. I'd be giddy over arguing about bills because in the middle of the argument, when we're most stirred up, there'd be a chance we'd stop talking and start making out. I can't wait for the day a lover causes me to change plans, just because I want to hang out with her more than anything. The thought of calling in sick to work, because she will not let me out of bed? Fantasy of mine.

:)

Ummmm....you're precious :) Can every man have this philosophy please? :heart:

agreed
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I hate it, but at least at the moment I don't have someone making me feel guilty for working out because they're too lazy to do it. (Yeah, I remember the things you said lady.)

BI*CH BE TRIPPIN!!
  • AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    I like being able to buy shoes and not have to answer why.. don't you already have a pair similar? "yes similar.. not the same!" :)

Oh and as I am currently single.. as I miss having someone there.. I totally don't miss the soring! OMG!

That's a sad reason to not want a relationship, lol, so you can buy shoes? Men are stupid when it comes to shoes, just ignore the comments and move on, that would be no reason for me to break things off with my hubby, but then again, i am not a shoe/clothes freak either. He understands that I need a pair of flip-flops in every color and he knows i'll punch him in the penis if he gives me crap about it. I could see from his point of view if you were spending too much money and not paying bills, though.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    Meh. I liked being in a relationship. I like being single. I'm very, VERY introverted and I like not having someone whine at me for never wanting to go out and do things. I can spend every Friday night in my pj's on the couch and no one cares!
  • marvelscale
    Options
    I used to not care until all my friends started getting married. And one is 19.
  • carlosdon
    carlosdon Posts: 125
    Options
    FRRRRRRRRRREDOM and not washing when your lazy!
  • megannicolex33
    Options
    I just became single about a month ago, and I love it!

There are some things I miss about being part of a couple though: I miss getting random "I love you" texts, having someone to call and talk to/vent to when I get off work, having someone to cuddle with, always having a dinner date... etc.

But none of that compares to the freedom I feel now! I can do whatever I want, whenever I want. If I feel like going out to the bar and making out with a random dude, no one is stopping me. I don't have to worry about things like what he might be doing or what he thinks I'm doing. I don't have to "check in" with anyone. I can flirt with guys and let them buy me drinks without feeling guilty. I can have as many girls nights as I want. I'm so much more independent now and it's an amazing thing.

Once I find the right person, I'm sure I'll be perfectly happy being in a relationship with them. But for now, being single is great. Everything I do is for ME, not another person.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like being single sometimes, but I would also love to meet someone and get married and have children.
  • shannajojo
    shannajojo Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm an introvert, too. Introverts are so misunderstood. :)
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised so many people don't like being single. I absolutely love, love, love being single. The older I get, the more I actually prefer being single to being in a relationship. I can do what I want, where I want, with who I want. I can buy what I want. I can decorate how I want. I can wake up when I want, go to bed when I want. I don't have to go to someone else's family or work events. I don't have to hear someone whine if I don't feel like going out, or if I do feel like going out and they don't. I don't have to clean up after anyone else or do anyone else's laundry. Everything in my house is always right where I left it. I can go to whatever restaurant I want to go to and eat whatever food I'm in the mood to eat without having to worry about someone else. I can watch whatever I want on TV. The perks of being single are truly endless...
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    ^^^ LOL. True story.

It's probably very likely true that I'll die alone. I just can't even fathom being in another relationship...pretty much...ever. I see no benefit to it. None. Been there, done that, and bought all the T-Shirts to prove it.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I'm a little different than most, but the question still applies. I like that I can do, whatever I want, whenever I want to do it. I don't like sleeping alone. I have came close a few times with relationships, but I know there will be times that I am going to have to do something I don't want to do.

Now that be a small price to pay to be in a good relationship, so I am going to have to give it some strong thought!

Basil
  • Joethebull
    Options
    Only reason I like being single that I know of is because I am more used to it and more experienced in it then dating or relationship lol
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I can do anything I want when ever I want! but that's boring most of the time

^^This exactly.

<<-- Forever single and looking :ohwell: but taking applications.