I want to be a success story !!!!

Options
Hello,

My name is Tiffany I am 27 years old . I am a mother of 2. I currently weigh 270 lbs and hoping to change my lifestyle. I have high blood pressure and high cholesterol. Not only do I want to lose weight to get healthy but to feel better as well. Please add me and help me stay motivated. Going to start my goal off small so that I don't get discouraged. If you have a success story please share it below.

Thanks Everyone !!

You want a success story ..... You gotta work *kitten*!! :smile:

Replies

• linziicb
    linziicb Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hiya- when i started i was 270 pounds roughly, i have lost over 45 pounds but still have lots to go. Like you, i needed to do it for health reasons, mainly because i had a back operation last year and had put on around 40 pounds in the 18 months prior to that as i couldn't walk due to the pain. I had to build up the muscles in my legs again and remember how to be active after many years of doing not alot. I started swimming twice a week and now attend a bootcamp a few times a week to help shift the rest of the weight. Its hard and has slowed down but i wont stop. its a good idea to start with small goals, i would look at it a stone at a time or give myself small deadlines like birthdays and holidays. it hasn't turned out exactly to plan, but life gets in the way, nights out come up and some days you just dont feel like exercising but if you get straight back into it the following day, you will see results. Good luck xx

• mmmmaidservice
    mmmmaidservice Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just started this week. I weighed in Monday at 228lbs. I am also a mother of two (a 2 year old and a 4 year old). I run a cleaning business and I found the weight creeping back up over the summer. Would like to get down to 170!
  • melissaandemma
    melissaandemma Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi im one month in and down 14 lbs I was about 196 when I started and now about 182. You can do it. My husbands really starting to notice now and it feels great. Im doing this so I can get my daughters doing it eventually too. we are all over weight and I feel so responsible. If I get to 145 I'll be happy. Be strong and stay focused on YOU. You deserve the outcome!!
  • LillysMomma09
    LillysMomma09 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!!!
    I'm 35, started MFP 12/28/15 and so far have lost 36.5 pounds. Some months the pounds seem to come off so easily, some months I struggle. But don't give up, that's the key right there.
    You're welcome to add me if you would like. :smile:
    Good luck to you!!!
  • Cat0703
    Cat0703 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I started in January at 273lbs and am now at 208. You can do this...it may not be easy but it is so worth it! I've sent you a friend request.
  • xxxglaxxx
    xxxglaxxx Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    welcome to mfp.

you can do this! just need hardwork and determination. it will not be easy and there will be slip ups but just have to keep moving forward.

i restarted my journey this week. hope that we can motivate each other. feel free to add me :)
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    I am 57, and I am down 20 lbs in last 10 weeks, eating clean. ...
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is the easiest thing in the world but the toughest thing in the world. Its 95% mental once you get that right the other 5% which is physically losing the weight is very easy as crazy as it sounds.

January 1st 2016 I started at 288 pounds. My current weight is 200 seven pounds. My suggestion to you is don't look at this is a diet. Diets suck your miserable you're giving up stuff that you like and you're bound to fail. Look at this is a lifestyle change where you're going to educate yourself about what you eat and the consequences of eating. To put things in perspective during my weight loss. I never gave up anything I liked. I still eat Wendy's hamburgers pizza and have beers on the beach if I had to give those up I could have never done this. As crazy as this sounds I actually enjoyed the process. More importantly I'm currently enjoying the results.

Fortune the most important thing you have to do is to find the Y. The why has to be totally selfish it has to be all about you. It can't be about the kids or your significant other. By it being about you all your other little whys will take care of themselves. Your work most importantly you have to realize your worth it
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Hello, my name is Mary. I'm 28 yrs old and 5'6. My SW was 268 lbs back in March and my MFP SW was 240. I'm now 192 lbs. So I've lost 74 lbs so far. I want to get down to 140 maybe a little less. I started March 20 of this year with high hopes for losing weight and becoming healthy. When I lost weight after the first week (I can't remember how much) I was incredibly happy and I didn't want to give it up. I became hooked (still am). I started out by taking out sodas and fast food except for subway, because at the time I didn't realize how unhealthy it was. Then as the weeks went by I started eating more vegetables and less processed foods. I drank more water (2 liters), and added in exercise. I've gradually become more aware of what's "bad" food and what's "good" food. I now weigh my food and I'm even cooking a lot more (which I never did before). I drink between 3-4 liters of water a day and exercise 5 days a week. I strength train and walk/jog. I'm not only happier but I'm healthier. Before I was on the verge of having diabetes and I had issues with high blood pressure. Now my sugar levels are great and my bp is low. :)

Congratulations to you on starting your journey. Its a long road, but if I can do it then you can do it. :)
  • tmharrison1985
    tmharrison1985 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Cat0703 wrote: »
    I started in January at 273lbs and am now at 208. You can do this...it may not be easy but it is so worth it! I've sent you a friend request.

How long did it take yoy to get tk 208? My SW is 272 ... Just curious:-) Congrats on your weight loss
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm 23 and started out last November at 271, and am now down to 201 (so close to be being under 200!!!) my goal is to get to 168, which is "normal" BMI for my height. I've done most of it through MFP, calorie counting and adding exercise into almost every day. Feel free to add me!
  • Cat0703
    Cat0703 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How long did it take yoy to get tk 208? My SW is 272 ... Just curious:-) Congrats on your weight loss

@tmharrison1985 , I started on Jan 15, 2016 and I had shed 50lbs by the beginning of June. Then another 20lbs between then and now. Best of luck to you!
  • Farrell73
    Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I'll be your friend!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!