Thermogenics

Options
Hey guys :) can anyone recommend a fat burner they like? Preferably one with <200mg of caffeine per serving.

I have no problem stacking with CLA and Carnitine so those two ingredients aren't necessary.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Fat Burner's don't work, I'm afraid.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Diet, the best fat burner :) There are no legal fat burners that work.

true dat.

Since it looks like you want caffeine, why not just take a caffeine pill? You can't get ephedrine other than in nasal decongestants, and all other substances which we know work have been banned and/or are available by prescription only.
  • KarlMarx2
    KarlMarx2 Posts: 60 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    By fat burner I don't mean any type of 'magic' diet pill or something. I mean thermogenesis, a product that combines a variety of safe and effective stimulants (usually taken before fasted cardio). They're meant to assist your diet, not replace it.

These type of products only work when you maintain a calorie deficit but definitely 100% do work.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,720 Member
    Options
    Jeremy wrote: »
    By fat burner I don't mean any type of 'magic' diet pill or something. I mean thermogenesis, a product that combines a variety of safe and effective stimulants (usually taken before fasted cardio). They're meant to assist your diet, not replace it.

These type of products only work when you maintain a calorie deficit but definitely 100% do work.
    Caffeine by itself at 200mg. That's basically what's in all these other hyped up "fat burners". Thermogenics are over hyped and just costly caffeine proprietary blends.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,181 Member
    Options
    Are you thinking 5-Hour or Monster? Or are you thinking of something sold in pill form in little plastic pouches in mom&pop convenience stores?
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    DNP is the only one that works and while effective it most certainly isn't safe for most people
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    They still don't exist. Anything that would make a considerable difference is either illegal or by prescription.
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    There are three posts on the front page right now about fat burners, read them and you will see a hundred responses saying they are woo. They don't work, if they did no one would be fat. The ones that do work are not legal because they are dangerous.

If you want to ingest under 200mg of caffeine, drink a small coffee.
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Yeah, stay away from that stuff. None of it is any good.
  • KarlMarx2
    Options
    So either my doctor is a quack and stimulants don't increase metabolic rate and supress appetite or you guys are right.

Either way thanks guys, interesting stuff from the MFP community. While I definitely put in work to lose the last 38lbs (journal full of meal logs as testament), I can't help but feel like I wasn't helped out a little bit. I'll have to do some research on my own to see exactly what is going on, if only I knew where to start :o
    Options
    Jeremy wrote: »
    So either my doctor is a quack and stimulants don't increase metabolic rate and supress appetite or you guys are right.

Either way thanks guys, interesting stuff from the MFP community. While I definitely put in work to lose the last 38lbs (journal full of meal logs as testament), I can't help but feel like I wasn't helped out a little bit. I'll have to do some research on my own to see exactly what is going on, if only I knew where to start :o

You diary is not open so we can't see it to advise, but don't give up.

Are you having a problem with things like belly fat or just all over fat?
  • elphie754
    Options
    fascha wrote: »
    DNP is the only one that works and while effective it most certainly isn't safe for most people

No no no. This is a pesticide and extremely dangerous. Even smal amounts can be lethal. It causes your body temperature to rise to dangerously high levels.
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

No no no. This is a pesticide and extremely dangerous. Even smal amounts can be lethal. It causes your body temperature to rise to dangerously high levels.

Isn't DNP the one that kills people with just a small amount? There was a young woman who took two instead of one and died because her metabolism went through the roof. The said she basically roasted to death.
  • elphie754
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »

Isn't DNP the one that kills people with just a small amount? There was a young woman who took two instead of one and died because her metabolism went through the roof. The said she basically roasted to death.

Yes it is. Basically causes deadly hyperthermia (body temperature rise).
  • MoonKat7
    MoonKat7 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Fresh cut lemon and crushed chilli peppers for cooking. Don't over do though both have serious side effects if you over do or eat them on empty stomach.
  • penniroc
    penniroc Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use body effects. It has caffeine in it. I use one half scoop every morning. I feel it gives me a little extra energy to get through my morning workouts. Not sure if they really work or not but I like the taste and enjoy the flavour. It's inly 30 cal per scoop and I only use half a scoop :)
  • elphie754
    Options
    MoonKat7 wrote: »
    Fresh cut lemon and crushed chilli peppers for cooking. Don't over do though both have serious side effects if you over do or eat them on empty stomach.

These don't do anything.
  • KarlMarx2
    Options
    You diary is not open so we can't see it to advise, but don't give up.

Are you having a problem with things like belly fat or just all over fat?

Thank you! I've actually only joined MFP this week, by journal I meant old fashion pen and paper lol. Not having trouble really, it's just that for the past 4 months I've pretty much sworn by the "fat burner trio". I've decided to go to college and the one I'm currently taking makes me feel kind of anxious during my morning class. I was just trying to see if I could try some new products via recommendations.

For now I think I'll stop using it altogether and see if I notice any difference in weight loss, appetite, or energy.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    Options
    Cannibal Claw and Inferno work well when stacked together. Just make sure your diet and self-discipline are in order, because you WILL be *kitten* hungry. As Claw uses hormones to screw with the thyroid and jacks up your appetite while Inferno is basiclally just a bunch of stimulants. I have more than once eaten an entire roast chicken, when I intended to only eat about a quarter in a sitting.
  • elphie754
    Options
    Cannibal Claw and Inferno work well when stacked together. Just make sure your diet and self-discipline are in order, because you WILL be *kitten* hungry. As Claw uses hormones to screw with the thyroid and jacks up your appetite while Inferno is basiclally just a bunch of stimulants. I have more than once eaten an entire roast chicken, when I intended to only eat about a quarter in a sitting.

If the bolded is true, this sounds like a terrible idea.