EEP WATCH YOUR SODIUM CONSUMPTION!!!

Options
It didn't even occur to me that it might be so much, I haven't logged in a bit and knowing I was coming back, I did a mental tally.
In a period of less than 24hrs, I managed to have over 4000mg of sodium in the foods I had eaten. At that rate, I'm rivaling Lott's wife o.o

note to self: bloat is not sexy

Replies

• debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I started tracking sodium, recently, and was shocked. I'm going to make my own spaghetti sauce today, because of it :) I always make turkey spaghetti (I cook for both my son and I so I try to make things we both will eat) but the sodium in the jarred sauce is horrible! We eat a lot of turkey meat and it turns out they flavor it with a lot of salt!

At any rate, I feel your pain :)

Best,

Debbie
  • datzun
    datzun Posts: 198
    Options
    Ugh, I am constantly over my sodium numbers. I don't cook, so it's hard to stay under. That said, I hear you can counteract it with drinking more water...so I'm drowning myself everyday. ;D
  • BeastModeAlways
    BeastModeAlways Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find if you are eating a lot of the diet dinners (weight waters, lean cuisine) you will have a sodium level that is alarming.

On a side note, you can greatly offset the effects of sodium by drinking your daily recommended water quota.

Also, exercise will go a very long way as sweat sheds salt.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    lol you so funny i just laughed...

what you do, is drink and drink and drink a lot of water.
    it should help flush out the sodium intakes. ♥

and before you know it, you wont be bloat and on top of that you will lose weight.
    oh and work out HARD

I eat the healthy choices and im still losing the weight.
    and their about 400mg of sodium or less.
    i found that if i stay within 400 or less on a meal pack that it would be easier for me to maintain the sodium level for me.
    i hardly go to 2000mg

i stay within 1500 to 2000mg ♥

like i said, just watch it and drink your water. it will help a lot! trust me!
  • ladyrhees
    ladyrhees Posts: 26
    Options
    Ironically, all I drink is water with (sic) sodium-free flavor packets and I fly past my daily req's without trying. I avoid soda because of the bloat I get from it. Not like that made a difference here, rofl. The 4k came from chinese food, popcorn, canned chicken, a rice dinner that the chicken was added to, triscuits, and munching on chips with salsa. I should have stopped when the chips made my lips shrivel. Sooooooo, now we know what NOT to eat......sheesh. As for exercise, I'm still recovering bone density from a stupid negligence I initiated on myself after a month long fall off the wagon, so that will slowly get back into my regimen.
  • sweebeesmom
    sweebeesmom Posts: 148
    Options
    ahem! I had a lot of salty stuff on 4th of july.. I was bloated for days!! UGH!!!