Any new moms?

I am currently breastfeeding and am trying to do this and keep up my milk supply. This is my 3rd baby so I know if I don't keep the weight off now it will go too far and make for a harder time later. My hormones make me crave sugar! So far I don't believe my supply has been effected but was wondering what yalls calorie intake is daily!

Replies

• cmteinakore13
    cmteinakore13 Posts: 3 Member
    I Was Just Going To Write a Post On This Subject :smile: My Daily Calorie Intake Is 1200 But Should It Be More Since I'm Breastfeeding??
    I'd Love To Know Also :)
  • ysoto2014
    ysoto2014 Posts: 25 Member
    I am doing 1800 (all good stuff) I do things to keep my production up. I have these protein balls:
    Flax seed
    Peanut butter
    Honey
    Rolled oats
    Dark chocolate

So it helps my craving and has things that are helpful with milk and low calories! I believe they recommend more calories than the usual 1200 but check with your doc my midwifes had me bump it up.
  • manning2882
    manning2882 Posts: 6 Member
    I'm doing about a 1300 calorie intake a day. Iv been told you should intake 1800 calories. But everyone is different. When I crave sugar I head for a granola bar, or a spoon full of peanut butter, healthy and kicks the cravings. Also try drinking some pineapple juice, this helps me after I work out (everyday) to keep a good supply. Iv been doing this for about a month and I'm very active and my supply has actually gone up, I pump an average of 20 oz extra a day.