Food on the go!

Options
Help! I need to lose weight, but my job has me in the car several hours a day about three times per week. This means, my lunch and any snacks have to be healthy and portable. Some days I have to hit the road so early that my breakfast has to happen in the car too! I need some healthy options. Please give me ideas. Thanks!

Replies

• Trish1c
    Trish1c Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Invest in an insulated lunch bag / box. Freeze a bottle of water as your cooling source. Stock with your favorites
  • BrokeBirkin
    BrokeBirkin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I take the bus to work and can't have food on it, so I drink a breakfast shake in the morning during my commute. The Kroger ones were good and more of a meal, right now I'm drinking the skinny girl ones which are healthier and only 80 calories so they are more of a snack.
  • juliebowman4
    juliebowman4 Posts: 784 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I hard boil eggs, peel them and keep them in the fridge. Ready to go.
    Pre-portioned cheese cubes.
    Mini naan breads.
    Protein bars.
    Pre-cut veg.
    Apples
    Banana's
    Low cal home made muffins.
    Drinkable yogurts
    Protein smoothies
  • Nurshrk
    Nurshrk Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I agree pre planning is the key. Protein packed finger food. I've been taking those p3 packages. Super convenient.
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Overnight oatmeal for breakfast? You can grab a jar and go. For lunch, pastas, rolls, wraps, salads...loads you can take in a box. Homous and carrot sticks, nuts, fruit, oatcakes.
  • tuffgirl19
    tuffgirl19 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Cheese sticks, 2/4 oz of turkey, ham or roast beef (weighed). Lacey Swiss cheese from deli, 1 or 2 oz weighed also. Cup of blackberries, strawberries. Sliced apples, tangelo, grapes.
    2 tbsp peanut butter with a banana. Nuts, almonds, cashews, pistachios- also weighed.
  • babicak3z
    babicak3z Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    once you start to meal prep it will become easier. like the ladies suggested preplan and there are some god choices that i wold have told you already myself. with remade protein shakes be careful look at the sugar and protein grams. thats with any protein period look for a low sugar high protein protein shake or protein powder. i personally use iso-100 1g sugar 21 grams in protein and i drink that in the morning sometimes with just water or almond milk and its filling. sometimes i also eat a scoop of peanut butter with my protein shake for more filing. hope this helps. feel free to add me.