to Live longer and healthier I need to lose 150lbs, does anyone else need to lose this much?

Options
Turned 59 and sick of yo-yo weight loss. Retired now but want to be diabetes free and live to see grandchildren. Starting to exercise with the treadmill. Up to 20mins so far. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Replies

• TorontoLass
    TorontoLass Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello Jen,
    I completely understand not eating something because I will have to put it in writing. I'm hoping that's going to help me too. One of my biggest challenges is actually exercising and not just 'planning' to do it. I'm from the GTA Toronto, Canada.
  • JenHayford
    JenHayford Posts: 7 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    @GlynneRichard That is me to a tee. I plan to exercise, my brain is motivated, my body is not.
  • KourageousKarina
    KourageousKarina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    I need to lose a 100
  • Honeybeehopeful
    Options
    Hey there, I'm Mel! I'm 21 and need to lose 110 lbs so I feel you. But I'm also striving to be healthier and get in shape because even though I'm young the extra weight is definitely already affecting my health! Feel free to add me if you're looking for friends!
  • frankiemann7
    frankiemann7 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 16 male I weigh about 330 and I want to loose around 150 pounds
  • TorontoLass
    Options
    @CaptainJoy
    I can't wait until I can post something like that, that's awesome. I guess I'll have to get those little scales out again. Funnily enough I've been at this so long I've got every gizmo and gadget needed. Thanks for the advice I will follow it. So far day 1 and I'm on track.

Glynne (Toronto)
  • TorontoLass
    Options
    @Mel
    Hi Mel,
    Good for you starting to take this seriously at your age. I'm hoping this message board will help me and all of us.

Glynne (Toronto)
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'm Ginger in Texas - You could be my twin, I'm 59 and need to lose 150 or 160. I'm in fairly good health otherwise. My joints are taking a beating though and arthritis is ever raring it's ugly head.

I retired early at the end of 2012. In 2013 - I set some health goals. Got all the recommended tests. (Heart, colonoscopy, etc.) I quit smoking 10/27/13. And... I got busy walking and watching my diet. Tracked all my food here. I dropped 60 pounds. I even did my first 5k. Then... I injured my knee in Aug 2014. Knee scope surgery. It totally derailed me. I've managed to gain back the 60 lbs over the past 2 years. I've been struggling to get back on track. But I know I can do it. I'm recommitting to get it done. For me - it's about creating the good habits.1w7vvopgoj3l.jpeg

• b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Turned 59 and sick of yo-yo weight loss. Retired now but want to be diabetes free and live to see grandchildren. Starting to exercise with the treadmill. Up to 20mins so far. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Yes, definitely in the same boat. I'm 47 and have 150-200 lbs to lose.
  • b4leaving
    b4leaving Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    JenHayford wrote: »
    Hello, I'm Jen, 47yrs. have 110 lbs. to lose and am from Ca. I have given up with dieting and joined MFP to be accountable. I figure if I have to document what I eat, I just might not eat something because I do not want to write it down. :wink:

Hi Jen - I just started doing this, too.. it's been amazing for accountability!!
  • AngelPilkin
    AngelPilkin Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am 32, and I need to lose 150 pounds myself.
  • TorontoLass
    Options
    Did everything right yesterday and gained a pound overnight. Very frustrating. BUT, today I'm keeping at it and doing a walking video today.
  • SouthernPeach1
    SouthernPeach1 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    GlynneRichard, it could be something as simple as fluid retention or needing to poop (sorry if I'm being indelicate). Just hang in there - you WILL see results.
  • CaptainJoy
    CaptainJoy Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Did everything right yesterday and gained a pound overnight. Very frustrating. BUT, today I'm keeping at it and doing a walking video today.

Sometimes the batteries are low or the scale's on an uneven surface. Other times we're more hydrated. Most of the time though, the scale outright lies to us to discourage us. Glad to see you're keeping at it!
  • anl90
    anl90 Posts: 928 Member
    Options
    Hi there. :) Currently, I am aiming to lost around 120 lbs. My weight issue has gotten out of control, and I know I need to buckle down. My wedding is getting closer, and I do NOT want to be this size on my special day! I love having friends with a similar goal, so anyone feel free to add me. :)