Cannot seem to reach my goal

Options
It is wanting me to eat 2780 calories a day. I average 1800 calories a day and i eat too much. that is even allowing myself to eat chocolate chip cookies and the like. and on sundays when i do Amtgard for a couple hours+ it adds more then 3000 calories for me to eat. I cannot physically eat that much. I used to have a habit of gorging myself and looking at the number of calories it wants me to eat today. 6570 It makes me ill and not want to even eat.

Replies

• bjerkins
    bjerkins Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Try clean eating. You can look it up online. That should do the trick.
  • Kaison02
    Kaison02 Posts: 75
    Options
    I do eat healthy. I eat alot of veggies and fruits. I am a vegetarian so meat is out of the question. Its hurdles like this that makes me quit websites haha. just another flaw of mine. But this is probably the best site i have seen so i will keep with it.
  • FrancesGallagher
    FrancesGallagher Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Cookies are not a healthy choice, maybe you could check further on the nutrition of what you are eating. Healthy choices, even if the calorie count isn't as high as you are "allowed", should get the results that you want. Good luck with your program. FG
  • dittiepe
    dittiepe Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Could you make your food diary public? It'll better enable me to give you some advice :) Or feel free to add me as a friend if it is set to friends only(We can always use more support!)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I think you'll probably be okay with 2000 a day or so. Don't stuff yourself to get up there. But do try to eat more calorie dense healthy food. Nuts, olive oil, avocado, salmon (if you eat fish), eggs, real cheese, 2% milk instead of skim. All those things are WAY better than eating cookies. Save the "diet foods" for when you get closer to your goal.
  • Kaison02
    Options
    I made it public.
  • Kaison02
    Options
    Cookies are not a healthy choice,

I understand they are not a healthy choice. I just allow myself some every so often. I eat alot of healthy foods, Cheese is my weakness.
  • Kaison02
    Options
    2% milk instead of skim.

Is 1% ok? thats all we have in the house.
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Ok, I'm going to suggest that you increase your protein and try dropping your carbs a little bit. You're staying under your calorie goals, which may mean that you've got something else going on there. Also, if you are exercising off that many calories, you want the protein to help build muscle to replace the fat loss.
    Try moving away from pastas, breads and see how that works for you.
  • Kaison02
    Options
    that amount of excersice happens only sundays. but do you have any tips on protien for a vegitarian
  • dittiepe
    Options
    Ooh I do! Do you eat fish at all?
  • Kaison02
    Options
    I do not eat fish.
  • dittiepe
    Options
    I do not eat fish.

Ok, I'm going to point you here then, it has some great protein ideas for vegetarians :)

http://vegetarian.about.com/od/healthnutrition/tp/protein.htm

and

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/vegetarian-protein-sources.html
  • Kaison02
    Options
    tyvm