Back on the Wagon!

Options

Replies

• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,773 Member
    Options
    It's 51 degrees this morning, and a nice,,crisp walk with Roxie sounds like the perfect start to my Saturday morning. What are you up to today?
  • jm216
    Options
    pfvveuqza60b.jpeg
    [img]https://15254b2dcaab7f5478ab-24461f391e20b7336331d5789078af53.ssl.cf1.rac kcdn.com/mfp-en.vanillaforums.com/editor/tb/wwxlblvnpviw.jpeg[/img]

Some pictures from my fog walk this morning.
  • jm216
    Options
    I'm up a pound today....but I did log everything I ate yesterday. That always seems to take away the guilt. I didn't eat much of a breakfast yesterday, so I was starving when our friends came over.

Lesson: eat a good breakfast to set yourself up for success.

Happy Sunday! B)
  • jm216
    Options
    100 days in today. My goal is to make 200 pounds by Halloween.
  • Kelley0519
    Kelley0519 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Back in 2011, I managed to lose 82 lbs total.....however, since then I've gained 60 lbs back. My weight has been up and down my entire life....I'm ready to conquer this lifestyle change for once and for all! :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Kelley0519 wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat! Back in 2011, I managed to lose 82 lbs total.....however, since then I've gained 60 lbs back. My weight has been up and down my entire life....I'm ready to conquer this lifestyle change for once and for all! :)

Welcome Kelley!
  • jm216
    Options
    It's Friday, and almost the weekend!

Yesterday's overdo of potato chips and M&M's are behind me... Not my proudest moment.
  • E_Foley
    E_Foley Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration. I just joined a weight loss challenge at work. I am a former bikini competitor and have gained 30 lbs. I would love to lose about 15. I lost 3.6 this past week. I just want my strength back!
  • exr_nick
    exr_nick Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Back on the wagon describes me. I lost significant weight in 2008, and kept it off by running. Well the inevitable running injury (plantar fasciitis) sidelined me last year at 47 years old ... and well you know how that story typically ends. I've got 30-35 lbs to lose ... this time with 10 miles running per week max :neutral:
  • 71lmf
    71lmf Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Still struggling to find that balance of eating what I should be eating and liking it :D
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome Nick, Tuddy, and 71!

Jump on in :)
    I've been stuck and need a gentle shove back in the right direction. :D

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Ugh... Gotta get it back in control...I had 2 pieces of Cheesecake Factory cheesecake.... :o
    I know I can do it.... I just have to be determined to do it!!!
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Well, it's been a month. I ate what was available (not great), didn't track or log, and here I am, back on the wagon again. My overall goal this time? Lose 10 lbs by the end of the year.

(I know it doesn't seem like much of a goal, but when even 1 lb/week means I only get 700 calories a day, it's ambitious enough.)

Mini-goals for this week: getting back into good habits!
    - log everything I eat and drink
    - exercise every single day
    - resume (light) strength training three days a week
    - begin using my work lunch hours for brief runs

Wish me luck! How has the past month been for you guys? Hope everyone's feeling great.
  • 71lmf
    Options
    Haven't really fallen off yet but need to get better at tracking - more water - and back to walking daily :)
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome back Jeyradan and 71lmf!
    I've missed you both!

It sounds to me like we're ready to refocus and get back on track. Let's do this!

My goals:
    log everything
    Walk Roxie around the block 2x each day
    More veggies and fruit
    Stay 50 calories below my goal...without including exercise calories burned.
    Hit 200 pounds by Jan 1st

Jill
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    jm216 wrote: »
    Welcome back Jeyradan and 71lmf!
    I've missed you both!

It sounds to me like we're ready to refocus and get back on track. Let's do this!

My goals:
    log everything
    Walk Roxie around the block 2x each day
    More veggies and fruit
    Stay 50 calories below my goal...without including exercise calories burned.
    Hit 200 pounds by Jan 1st

Jill

Ready to go! I'm also trying not to eat back exercise calories at the moment, so I'm right there with you. We can do it!
  • jm216
    Options
    Down .4 this morning... feeling marvelous this foggy Monday morning.... How are you all doing?
  • 71lmf
    Options
    Feel off completely yesterday...

It was my 19th wedding anniversary and we went to the local Italian restaurant we like - I decided to enjoy myself and not worry too much about what I was eating... big mistake!
    I felt so gross the rest of the night!

Right back at it today :blush:
  • jm216
    Options
    Happy Anniversary! Glad you had fun. :)
    Way to jump back on the wagon after your food hangover! :D
  • Jeyradan
    Options
    71lmf wrote: »
    It was my 19th wedding anniversary and we went to the local Italian restaurant we like - I decided to enjoy myself and not worry too much about what I was eating... big mistake!
    I felt so gross the rest of the night!

Right back at it today :blush:

Don't feel gross! That is exactly the right attitude. You had a very special occasion (wedding anniversaries don't come around very often, and 19 is a big number!), you did something out of character that was nice for you, and you enjoyed it rather than stressing over it and making it less fun and special for yourself.

And now you are, as you say, "right back at it." That's exactly how it should be! That one day won't mess you up, and you deserved it. Just keep swimming!