what the heck is 1 of dish?

Options
I had moussaka for lunch and I don't know what 1 of dish is or .1 of dish.

Replies

• VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    Are you just doing a general search? There's a lot of user created entries where they build their own recipe.

If you didn't make the moussaka you're just going to have to make a best guess because no two are the same.
  • oolou
    oolou Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I don't know either, but there are many entries for moussaka, so try another one that may be easier to follow? There are some entries for it which specify weight in grams or cups.
  • xperiencerage
    xperiencerage Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It's home made so I went for the home made entry. Let me check.
  • xperiencerage
    Options
    Wow thanks a lot guys. I changed it. Also, do I want to eat less than 2070 calories to loose weight? And another question, I went on the elliptical machine and trained for 30 or so minutes. The machine said I burned 100 calories but on the app it says I burned 600+. Which one should I go for? I trained with an empty stomach except some water cause I took my thyroid meds.
  • dietcepheus
    dietcepheus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a crap entry, find a better one that goes by volume or weight. Better to measure ingredients and make your own recipe next time, assuming you made it yourself. The calories in something like moussaka vary a lot depending on cooking methods and ingredients (for instance, how lean the beef or lamb is, how much oil you fried the aubergine in etc.)
  • oolou
    Options
    What does MFP recommend as your calorie intake to lose weight, when you plug in your numbers?

Regarding exercise, usually better to take the lower estimation. Exercise calories can be overstated on MFP.
  • xperiencerage
    Options
    I decided to not include the exercise on the mfp. It says I get to eat 2070 calories, low on fat.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,197 Member
    Options
    And another question, I went on the elliptical machine and trained for 30 or so minutes. The machine said I burned 100 calories but on the app it says I burned 600+. Which one should I go for?

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    A homemade dish always needs to be put into the custom recipe builder.. There is no telling what other people's homemade entries contain. :(

As for weight loss OP.. put in your stats and let MFP do all the work for you.. it really takes no guesswork or fuss..
  • oolou
    Options
    If that is what it recommends as your calorie goal, try it out for a month. If you are not losing weight at the rate you expect, then change your calorie goal. What you are given by MFP is an estimation which you can then refine after experience.
  • xperiencerage
    Options
    Right, I'll see where all this goes. Thanks lads.