Holiday! (All inclusive)

I'm going on holiday for 1 week and it's all inclusive so I've got to make the most of it with my friends, if I do treat my self for the week, how much weight am I expected to gain?
And if I do go back on track straight away with my normal routine will I loose the weight I've gained?

Replies

• aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    That really depends on how much you eat and how active you are, the first day back you will likely see a huge jump on the scale (for me 3-8 pounds), but it comes off within a few days. But if you are eating more calories than you are expending, you will probably also have a bit of gain beyond the water weight. It is one week of the year. It really shouldn't not have a huge impact to your overall success. You have 51 weeks to make up for it!
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,031 Member
    Firstly have fun it's a holiday and any gains usually go very quickly once you get back on the band wagon. Secondly be clever with your eating. Choose the treats you really want and have smaller amounts rather than trying everything. If it's hot pile your plate with salads for starters or sides instead of pasta or chips etc and get plenty of exercise including swimming. StIckenham to long low calorie drinks like gin and slim etc but most of all have fun
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    I've gained up to 6 pounds, but they were gone the first week back. Keep active and try to limit the sweets. Have a great time!
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Don't over-think it. Holiday's are a very normal part of life. Eat what you want to eat. This is a holiday - it happens say.. Once a year at most? Maybe you'll gain weigh, Maybe you won't - and if you do, eat at a deficit when you return and it'll come off again. Have fun :)
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    It's just one week!
    Perspective is required - this won't be the last holiday you have in your lifetime.

If you freak out over changes in your weight shown on the scales then don't weigh yourself immediately you get home, a lot of weight gain caused by the condition known as "allinclusiveholidayitis" is just temporary bloating and mostly water and extra food in your system.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Eat all the foods, drink all the drinks. Worry about it when you get back.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    When I go on holidays, I re set my goals for maintenance and then do my best to eat within that maintenance goal. It gives me some wiggle room with the confidence that I will not gain to much. And it gives me parameters to keep me going completely off the rails.

When we travel, eating well is part of the enjoyment, so I don't want to completely restrict! But I do try to stay with lean meats, salads, etc.

That being said, logging accuracy is tricky. But this helps. I did an 8 day all inclusive, followed a couple of weeks later by a 5 day tour of DC, and a weekend getaway last week, and my total gain is only about 2 lbs. I'm not happy about those 2 lbs, and they are stubborn, but overall it is not bad for the amount of traveling and enjoying I did.
  • 321BooM
    321BooM Posts: 25 Member
    I had a week long all inc holiday in July. I actually lost 3lbs!!
    The food was lovely and I felt I ate a lot of it but there is an awful lot of lovely salads that I ate too. I wasn't trying to be healthy on holiday but they just tasted so nice!! I also ate chip butties and ice cream nearly daily :D
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Why is all inclusive code for eat everything and anything in sight? I just dont get that. If you are serious about making changes, then practise some self control and willpower on your holiday - eat in a manner that wont cause you to stress over your weight - that is, eat sensibly and mindfully, keeping your goals front and centre. You said "it's all inclusive so I've got to make the most of it with my friends" - that doesnt necessarily mean eating like them - be active with them!! Go on adventures, do something different, flirt outrageously, buy a crazy hat and wear it with flair! There is so much more to life and to a holiday than the food. Its a lesson I had to learn too.