Belly Fat Question

Options
I'm pretty fit, but as little fat as I have on arms and legs, etc., My stomach is rather...behind. I need to know, is there any specific thing I could do to burn off that fat from my stomach? I honestly wouldn't mind sacrificing the muscle in the rest of me so long as it meant I got a flat stomach lol

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope, it comes off where it likes...
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Nope! I have the stubborn belly fat too! It is always the last thing to come off for me. You just have to keep at it.
  • pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is the bottom row of the brick wall you are smashing down

If you haven't already - try tracking your macros and keep your fat down - say like 25%... You will chip away at the belly pretty quick
  • _dixiana_
    _dixiana_ Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options

If you haven't already - try tracking your macros and keep your fat down - say like 25%... You will chip away at the belly pretty quick

Never heard it put that way but it's a great analogy.

• pontious11349
    pontious11349 Posts: 105 Member
    Options

Fat doesn't make you fat

1g fat 9 calories
    1g carb 4 calories
    1g protein 4 calories

If he has a high percentage of fat in his diet hel hit his calories allowance pretty quick - and be hungry and miserable as *kitten*...but yeah you are technically right

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options

Naah on this advice OP.

You just want to stay the course and although you lose fat all over, sometimes the stomach is the last to go on most people.

• SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options

Fat doesn't make you fat

1g fat 9 calories
    1g carb 4 calories
    1g protein 4 calories

If he has a high percentage of fat in his diet hel hit his calories allowance pretty quick - and be hungry and miserable as *kitten*...but yeah you are technically right

Eating higher fat keeps me fuller longer and helps me eat less actually
  • skidoodk
    skidoodk Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Belly fat is weird I beat cancer about 10 years ago and lost a lot of weight during treatment 6'2" 185 in shape went 135 and still had a little belly only place on my body
  • beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Lowering fat intake is not gonna get rid of the fat in your body. Eating less than you burn will.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Lowering fat intake is not gonna get rid of the fat in your body

It will if it creates a calorie deficit.....................
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Lowering fat intake is not gonna get rid of the fat in your body

It will if it creates a calorie deficit.....................

if you'd quoted the whole line that was written....
  • Cmase0194
    Cmase0194 Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Wow, did NOT get any kind of notifications for this while at work, but thanks for the input guys.

I'm just having trouble in this regard because I've been eating at a significant deficit, between 500 to 900 calories, (depending on which calorie calculator is actually accurate), but I'm still not losing anything, really.

I'm eating 2100-2300, cheat days excluded, and standing at 6'5"- weighing 201lbs now, up from 196. I even have my sodium intake down below 2000mg with 35g+ fiber on 90% of my days. Not sure why physical weight wouldn't be coming off, while exercising in a deficit, adequate water and micronutrients as well. Thoughts?
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    Cmase0194 wrote: »
    Wow, did NOT get any kind of notifications for this while at work, but thanks for the input guys.

I'm just having trouble in this regard because I've been eating at a significant deficit, between 500 to 900 calories, (depending on which calorie calculator is actually accurate), but I'm still not losing anything, really.

I'm eating 2100-2300, cheat days excluded, and standing at 6'5"- weighing 201lbs now, up from 196. I even have my sodium intake down below 2000mg with 35g+ fiber on 90% of my days. Not sure why physical weight wouldn't be coming off, while exercising in a deficit, adequate water and micronutrients as well. Thoughts?

You look like you don't have a lot to lose, so weight loss will probably end up being slower. Did you read through the thread that I posted above? It has some great advice and it is easy to understand.

How are you measuring your intake? Do you have a food scale?
  • Cmase0194
    Cmase0194 Posts: 23 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options

You look like you don't have a lot to lose, so weight loss will probably end up being slower. Did you read through the thread that I posted above? It has some great advice and it is easy to understand.

Yes, I have a food scale. :) I'm just curious as to how one can gain through a deficit o.O
    What thread are you referring to exactly? I'll check for it real fast (assuming you don't mean this one)

Edit: Ah, I see now. It must not have loaded properly, but it's there now
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Yes, I have a food scale. :) I'm just curious as to how one can gain through a deficit o.O
    What thread are you referring to exactly? I'll check for it real fast (assuming you don't mean this one)

Edit: Ah, I see now. It must not have loaded properly, but it's there now

It is impossible to gain in a deficit. If you're gaining weight, you are in a calorie surplus, retaining a lot of water, or have a medical problem.

How long have you been at your current exercise program?

I also noticed you said you have cheat days. How often are those? Do you log them? Surprisingly enough, cheat days can undo a week's deficit pretty easily if you're not tracking your intake.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    skidoodk wrote: »
    Belly fat is weird I beat cancer about 10 years ago and lost a lot of weight during treatment 6'2" 185 in shape went 135 and still had a little belly only place on my body

When I first met my husband and he was only148 pounds, he still had a belly. Now he still has one at 190 pounds, but it isn't as obvious as when he was skinny everywhere but the belly.