Anyone have yummy, healthy chicken breast recipes?!

Options
sammatthews18
sammatthews18 Posts: 8 Member
So for prep I feel chicken is becoming boring or too bland. I really do like chicken and it's great source of lean protein, but my starting to run out of some ideas/recipes. Help me out please:)

Replies

• mvsmith2012
    mvsmith2012 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    One of my favorites is smothered chicken. I made this last night and it was delicious. I took chicken breast, and sliced them into long strips, and sauteed them in a little evol and a pat of butter, add sliced onion and sliced mushrooms, and garlic powder, salt and pepper. When it's cooked thru, pile the onions and mushrooms on top of chicken and sprinkle with cheese, and simmer for 5 minutes. So good!

• adohiwaya
    adohiwaya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    One recipe we enjoy is to pound out the breast, put provolone cheese on each breast; then place asparagus or young broccoli on the cheese...

Add spices to taste; we use celery salt, garlic, paprika, black pepper. Roll the chicken breasts up and secure with a toothpick.

Lightly spread EVOO on the rolled up breasts, roll in finely crushed bread crumbs, potato flakes, or corn meal, then warp in foil,

Set oven at 350, place in oven safe dish, bake for 30 minutes total time but unwrap the breasts for the final 10 minutes so they will brown...bake until core temperature reaches at least 170 degrees....

We add a mixed vegetable and greens salad, vinaigrette dressing, with pecans, grapes, apples, and walnuts....along with another side dish of your choice...for this meal we generally have medium baked sweet potatoes...enjoy....

Rev. Larry S. King
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Cut into strips.
    Pan fry in as little butter as you can.
    Mix with a can of Goya black beans and two cups cooked brown rice.
    Heat through on low.
    Devour.
  • JoshD8705
    JoshD8705 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Not a recipe, but my favorite seasoning is Weber's Kickin Chicken. If you're really getting burnt out on chicken though try buying bottom round steak in bulk at Sam's Club, or Costco. Cut all the excess fat off and slow cook it for prep meals.
  • webyj
    webyj Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to do chicken is to get a family size pack of fresh boneless skinless breasts, butterfly them and then marinate in a Ziploc bag with a half bottle if balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing for an hour.
    Grill, BBQ or bake accordingly. I keep the Ziploc bag with the remaining dressing an dip the chicken back into it halfway through the cooking process.
    I meal prepped this for my lunches and dinners this week with garlic asparagus n mushrooms and quinoa.
  • persimmonplace97
    persimmonplace97 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    We like to grill chicken breasts. Cut and dice. Add cooked black beans (we use a Crock-Pot so it's salt free) put in a corn tortilla add salsa, lettuce, sour cream. We eat this once a week.

Also love baked chicken fajitas -

makes about 4 servings
    Ingredients:
    1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
    2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
    2 tsp chili powder
    2 tsp cumin
    ½ tsp garlic powder
    ½ tsp dried oregano
    ¼ tsp salt
    One can of rotel in place of tomatoes and chiles
    1 medium onion, sliced
    1 large bell pepper, seeded and sliced (I use half a green and half a red)
    Directions:
    Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice chicken and veggies into strips.
    Place chicken strips in a greased 13×9 baking dish.
    In a small bowl combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, garlic powder, dried oregano, and salt.
    Drizzle the spice mixture over the chicken and stir to coat.
    Mix diced tomatoes and green chiles in a bowl. You could also buy a can of diced tomatoes with green chiles already added​.​
    Next add the tomatoes, peppers, and onions to the dish and stir to combine.
    Bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.

And chicken burrito in a bowl - https://www.buzzfeed.com/hannahmars/17-delicious-healthy-grain-bowls-that-will-fill-you-up?utm_term=.gxjaW4lgj3#.qoDq7O1YJP

It's the first recipe, but I included the link for the others. It's nice because you make up several and refrigerate.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Huge family favourite at our place:

Cut a pocket in each breast, spread it with 1.5 triangles of light laughing cow cheese. Close it up and seal the edge as best you can.

Brown each side in a small frypan or saucepan (you don't want to pan much bigger than the space the chicken takes up). Once browned, pour enough salsa over to cover the chicken, pop a lid on it, turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes.

Yummy, easy cheesy salsa chicken. Great with salad or some oven fries.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    My first comment:
    Stop buying chicken breast and use thighs instead. Only slightly higher in fat, but far tastier and more forgiving when hearing the next day.

As for recipes:
    Countless options. If I am cooking breast, usually because of a sale it was cheaper, I will brine during the day in salt and a bit of brown sugar. Then bake or bbq. Remains far moister. Otherwise, I'll turn into a curry (Indian or thai) or tacos or on a salad or tossed in salad. Of course fir comfort food, I just cook and serve with Swiss chalet dipping sauce (rightly or wrongly a Canadian institution).
  • Nightmare_Queen88
    Nightmare_Queen88 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    This is something I made today and it's absolutely delicious.
    Servings: 4-5
    Chicken Salad
    1 lb or 15 oz chicken breast, shredded
    1/4 cup diced red or white onion
    3/4 cup plain greek yogurt
    2.5 oz avocado
    1 stalk celery, chopped
    2 oz grape tomatoes or any kind
    Season to taste (I used Mrs. Dash salt free garlic and herb)

You can add and take out anything you'd like. Other people like to add almonds, cranberries or grapes.
  • IzzyBooNZ1
    IzzyBooNZ1 Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    bump ! this is making me hungry. YUM !
  • Resistive
    Resistive Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken

3/4 cup of Frank's Red Hot
    1/4 cup of butter

Combine both in pot and continually stir until butter is melted.

Place chicken in casserole dish, pour sauce over the chick and then back until cooked.

Very tasty
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    These are some awesome recipes
    Y'all rock!
  • sugarplumperfairy
    Options
    Butterfly a chicken breast and bash it out,griddle in a little oil/butter griddle a rasher or two of smoked bacon. Slice of sourdough lightly griddled spread with avocado top with chicken and bacon.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Adding just a touch of chili oil does so much for basic chicken breast. Yum!

I also like to add asparagus and cherry tomatoes, with a slight bit of cooking marsala. Or mushrooms, yum.