Low calorie breakfast ideas!!!!

Options
Does anybody recommend any low calorie breakfast ideas. I'm getting a bit fed up with special k & Puffed wheat. Also i'm on a budget so has to be cheap & simple, thanks

Replies

• kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    scrambled egg whites and a piece of whole wheat toast.... possibly some fruit.
  • mamathrash2
    mamathrash2 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My husband gets the egg scramblers from Aldi (they have sausage, ham, bacon, etc.). The serving size is one cup and there is only 80 calories and really fills you up :)
  • nitamo
    nitamo Posts: 64
    Options
    Dannon fat free yogurt with fresh fruit diced into it:-)
  • MrsZMartin
    MrsZMartin Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I do plain oatmeal with blueberries and cinnamon, egg with whole wheat toast and a tomato slice, egg scramble with spinach, onion, whatever veggies I have on hand, or a whole wheat bread, english muffin, or sandwich round with peanut butter. I like to have a number of options so I don't get sick of any one of them.
  • myrbg
    myrbg Posts: 93
    Options
    oatmeal is good, if you need to sweeten it, add some honey.
    eggs.
    fruit.
    toast with peanut butter.
    all tasty! and all cheap! :)
    hope this helps, good luck!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs. I eat the whole egg actually. The yolk has a lot of nutrients.
  • driggle82
    driggle82 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs with chopped green peppers, chopped slice of turkey bacon in a bowl topped with some reduced fat shredded cheese.
  • FionaHelen
    FionaHelen Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Poached egg with salmon, its to die for!!!!! Nom nom :-)
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I cook up a tiny bit of ham, tons of spinach, and some jalapeno and then make an egg white scramble. I might put a tiny bit of low cal cheese on top.

Then I have a piece of whole grained toast and I love it!

For dessert I might have berries yum yum.

Debbie
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Does anybody recommend any low calorie breakfast ideas. I'm getting a bit fed up with special k & Puffed wheat. Also i'm on a budget so has to be cheap & simple, thanks

Why low calorie? I just loaded up on a 500+ calorie breakfast and feel totally energized! But, I'm also a big believer in eating breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a pauper. :)
  • mishamae
    mishamae Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    These are usually my options for breakfast:

Greek Yogurt with berries
    Oatmeal topped with berries
    1-2 eggs with toast or slices of tomato
    2 egg Omlete with lots of veggies inside
    Fruit Smoothie
    Protein Smoothie
  • candistyx
    candistyx Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Poached egg with salmon, its to die for!!!!! Nom nom :-)
    ++
  • Deva1026
    Deva1026 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I personally love beaten eggs ( till fluffy), add some freshly shredded zuchini, fresh parsley, salt pepper and make a lil' panckakes . They are so fluffy and light. Delicious! Oh, so filling too.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i have bran flakes nice and healthy and cheep too! lol to make a change and sweeten it up add rasins to it!
  • han182
    han182 Posts: 82
    Options
    Oatmeal with raisins/apples/cranberries/blueberries/banana/any fruit you like! I swear by it, keeps me full 'till lunch too :smile:
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs, Oatmeal, bran flakes, and plain yogurt with blueberries or whatever your favorite fruit is. All good and all low in calories.
  • molshache
    molshache Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I shall give some of these a try. They sound really yummy :-) I've been on diet 3 weeks tomorrow and have lost 9lb but I'm getting really bored of some foods lol. Thanks again xxx
  • KourtneyP83
    KourtneyP83 Posts: 319
    Options
    I just had a bagel thin, whipped cream cheese, and 3 servings of liquid egg whites with a slice of cheese in them and it was only 300 calories.
  • maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    A banana with a tablespoon of peanut butter. About 200 calories. I add a piece of light toast sometimes too.

Or an english muffin with one veggie sausage patty and a slice of cheese. About 230-280 cals.
  • Roszepoo
    Roszepoo Posts: 46
    Options
    I have oatmeal everyday with a little cottage cheese and applesauce in it. Lots of cinnamon, of course. This give me fiber, carbs, protein, dairy, and fruit. Often I have a fruit smoothie, as well. Just fruit and a little jiuce in the blender.