Big bras! (Above DDDD) Where do you get them?

That's right ladies. If you have a great source of bras for the big busted, share them in this thread. I'm a 46I, and I tend to shop from barenecessities. However, they're pretty limited in the style for that size. Actually, there was only one brand of Sports Bra for my size. >.> It also took two tries to get the right size (spanning over two months because of craziness having to return it through the mail because of shopping online)

Replies

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Lane Bryant! I wait till their semi-annual sale.
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    Lane Bryant! I wait till their semi-annual sale.

:'( Many cries. I have a Lane Bryant in town, but it only stocks up to the 44H. I'll just have to wait until my size inevitably shrinks to shop there.
  • iamamalia
    iamamalia Posts: 21 Member
    I'm a 38K... would love suggestions as well. I loved a specific bra from Curvy Kate, but it's been discontinued. for sports bras, I squeeze myself into an H-cup from Lane Bryant (Cacique)... not the most comfortable thing in the world, but I haven't been able to find a good full-coverage sportsbra with underwire
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    I am a 32G, Nordstrom has a pretty good selection in-store, but I normally buy my bras from websites like Herrom.com, biggerbras.com, figleaves.com, or barenecessities.com. They also sell swimsuits by bra size with underwires for support.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Herroom.com is my favorite website for shopping. They sell bra sizes in every cup for every band in dozens of amazing brands.
  • RhapsodyWinters
    RhapsodyWinters Posts: 128 Member
    edited September 2016
    iamamalia wrote: »
    I'm a 38K... would love suggestions as well. I loved a specific bra from Curvy Kate, but it's been discontinued. for sports bras, I squeeze myself into an H-cup from Lane Bryant (Cacique)... not the most comfortable thing in the world, but I haven't been able to find a good full-coverage sportsbra with underwire

Eish!! Your poor boobs! (When I got the wrong size, I was smooshing mine in an H, and oh god the pain) I'm in a 46I on this bra. It works well. There's only slight squish, but not enough to make me uncomfortable. An I is better than an H!

http://www.barenecessities.com/goddess-synergy-maximum-control-wire-free-sports-bra-gd6911_product.htm?pf_id=GoddessGD6911&search=46I
  • desidelay
    desidelay Posts: 17 Member
    barenecessities.com... They have super cute ones in all sizes :)
  • sweetilemon
    sweetilemon Posts: 122 Member
    Bravissimo is where I get mine :)
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I used to shop online (the only garment shopping I did online) from Figleaves. I recently went to Nordstroms and was very pleased with my experience there. I'm a 30FF. I still can recommend Figleaves, though I wouldn't necessarily go by the reviews. If you're sure of your sizing, don't listen to them.

I ended up with a sports bra with cups that were too big because I listened to too many people who were trying to fit themselves into too small a size for themselves (I think this is true of many online reviews) and should have just stayed true to size.

If you're going to online order, I highly recommend going to Reddit and finding the subreddit r/abrathatfits. They have a fitting guide there that has you taking detailed measurements that will ensure a really good fit.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    I'm a G and the only place that I can find them is at Lane Bryant and I absolutely love their bras! Great support and their comfortable.
  • zasiliou
    zasiliou Posts: 1 Member
    This is my absolute favorite brand! You can't order from the website direct but they link to online and in store retailers :) Super cute and insanely comfy! I got my first one at Nordstrom Rack. At that time I got a 36 E, I did see larger sizes available http://www.freyalingerie.com/lingerie/latest-collections.aspx#!t=8036&f=13551

<3 Freya Lingerie!
  • SeptemberFeyre
    SeptemberFeyre Posts: 178 Member
    Try Dillard's. I'm not sure if they carry that high, but they have 34G and do fittings.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    I shop at Herroom.com and Barenecessities.com. When I was pregnant (16 years ago) I found H-K cups at JCPenney, but I can't guarantee that they still carry those now--and it was trial and error because they don't have fitters.

Do you have a professional bra fitter near you (usually small boutiques)(and not Victoria's Secret)? Seriously life-changing.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    zasiliou wrote: »
    This is my absolute favorite brand! You can't order from the website direct but they link to online and in store retailers :) Super cute and insanely comfy! I got my first one at Nordstrom Rack. At that time I got a 36 E, I did see larger sizes available http://www.freyalingerie.com/lingerie/latest-collections.aspx#!t=8036&f=13551

<3 Freya Lingerie!

Have you tried the Freya Fancies? It's one of the most comfortable bras I've ever worn. Freya is also my favorite brand as well.
  • CajunTess
    CajunTess Posts: 268 Member
    Try Woman Within or Roamans
  • For the sexier stuff, Frederick's of Hollywood. A friend of mine is an H and she finds bras there. Considering that they started as a supplier for showgirls, they carry larger cup sizes that are hard to find elsewhere.
  • TanyaHooton
    TanyaHooton Posts: 249 Member
    Nordstrom and specialty stores. I had to Google for one in my city. Also I understand there are Polish retailers that may sell your size online.

You might benefit from the Reddit thread "A Bra That Fits." It's got some fantastic resources for bras of all sizes, including 28As to more typical sizes and up through L and N cups.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    edited September 2016
    Enell. I am a G (Enell size 6) and my bra is not their largest size. A bit expensive but worth it. You can get them a bit cheaper on Ebay. Someone there sells seconds. They have minor imperfections but they look and wear just fine. The only thing is you don't get much choice on colors.