Not hungry

Options
Jenn81
Jenn81 Posts: 36 Member
I hate it when im not hungry but i know i have to eat something! Yesterday i did eat until lunch time and thats terrible and then i ate rice cakes! I did make dinner and ate that so its just the first part of the day that im having issues with!!! Any Ideas?

Replies

• _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    You may want to make your dinner portions smaller and not snack after dinner. This should help you begin waking up hungry.
  • DontThinkJustRun
    DontThinkJustRun Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    If you're not a breakfast person, you're not a breakfast person. There's nothing that says you HAVE to eat breakfast, ok well maybe there is, but seriously do you know how many people I know within a normal body weight range that don't eat breakfast. As long as your cals a in the right range and you're not binging or over compensating because you didn't eat breakfast and are famished by lunch and it works for you, who cares! Ok so everyone is going to freak out and oh you HAVE to eat every few hours and your blood sugar this and that, but honestly if you don't like eating breakfast and it works for you're losing weight - go for it. I can find you a bunch of articles that say you MUST eat breakfast and then I can find you a bunch of articles that say no, you don't have to eat breakfast.

The goal is sustainability, if you can do it for a sustained period of time to lose weight and then maintain it. I think we all, me included, get all caught up with all these things we MUST do to lose weight and really in the big picture it's simple - eat less move more. What you chose to eat and when you choose to eat it is your business. For myself, I just gave up eating 5-6 xs a day because it just wasn't fitting into my lifestyle anymore and it was contributing to triggering binging on the weekends. I can't tell you what a relief it it is to not have to eat ALL the time, think about food ALL the time and eat more satisfing meals because they don't have to be so small to fit them all in.

Anyway, my point is don't stress about it. Some days you're going to be naturally less hungry then other, roll with it it will balance out eventually.
  • TranceGirl
    TranceGirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    If you're not a breakfast person, have fruit. Maybe an apple or a banana. Try to eat fast digesting foods to get your metabolism going again. Make sure you're drinking enough water throughout the day. 8 glasses minimum but I'm sure you know that. Try to space out your mini meals so that you eat every 2-3 hours but its 200-300 calories each time. This is how I try to eat most days and it really does make a difference. Also, I eat dinner around 6 or 7 and get to bed by 11 or 12. I do not snack after dinner so when I wake up in the morning, I am starving and I eat a substantial breakfast. Hope this helps!
  • johncowart
    johncowart Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Snacking is what gets you. If you dont eat your body goes into starvation mode and stores fat instead of burning it. So next time you go with out a meal, think of it as gaining weight. Also when you go that long people tend to gorge their next meal which is the opposite direction most want to go.
    Take in more proteins also. Rice cakes won't last anytime in your body and are a starchy carb which is not a good thing to snack on.
    John
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Lucky you! I am hungry all the time.