Sunday Roast Dinner

2»

Replies

• greatatboats
    greatatboats Posts: 28 Member
    If you look up My Big Fat Diet Show on YouTube, they had a lower cal Sunday Roast recipe :) It's Episode 4, part 2.
  • DaisyChain80
    DaisyChain80 Posts: 109 Member
    @greatatboats I will look that up today, thank you
  • Ricksh1000
    Ricksh1000 Posts: 88 Member
    Sunday roast yesterday for me was 665 cals and I definitely had the Yorkshire too!
    I could have made smaller portions of chicken etc but it's just too nice :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,817 Member
    My husband does a delicious Sunday roast dinner ... chicken, roast potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, onions, etc. ... which we have about once a month.

I forget how high it is in calories, but not a huge amount ... maybe 800-ish ... but that's OK because we precede it with a long bicycle ride which burns in the neighbourhood of 800-ish calories. :)

Weekends are for exercising a lot ... and then eating well. :grin:
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Sunday's are always the hardest for me!
  • DaisyChain80
    Glad to see I'm not the only one......I think we should all enjoy our Sunday roasts and not feel guilty about it lol
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Have the roast! Deprivation never, ever works and ultimately leads to binge eating.
    Also - why should you miss out an a very normal and delicious meal because you are 'supposed' to eat a certain number per day? It isn't realistic. Enjoy your dinner and get back to it tomorrow. You won't be doing this every day!
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,889 Member
    edited September 2016
    @Chef_Barbell you are right but I'm only 5ft and that's the amount MFP worked out that I should be eating to lose 1-2 lb a week
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    How much weight are you trying to lose? 2 lbs/week is very aggressive and is usually only for people trying to lose 75 or more pounds. If you have less than 50 lbs, 1 lb/week is appropriate, and if less than 25 lbs, then you should aim to lose 0.5 lb/week.

Additionally, if you work out, you should be adding back at least some of those calories so that you are netting at least 1200 cals. Many people can lose eating more than 1200 cals.

I'm also petite, 5'2, and lost the majority of my weight eating 1600-1900 cals.

She said in another thread she wants to lose two stone (28 pounds.)

@DaisyChain80 - we've suggested in your other threads you set your weekly weight loss goal to no more than one pound per week.
  • DaisyChain80
    @kshama2001 are you stalking me!? Yes I do want to lose 2 stone MFP worked it out so I could lose 2 lb a week (which I did last week) I would like it if YOU would not comment on anything I put on here.

As for everyone else on here thanks for the lovely comments
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    edited September 2016
    @kshama2001 are you stalking me!? Yes I do want to lose 2 stone MFP worked it out so I could lose 2 lb a week (which I did last week) I would like it if YOU would not comment on anything I put on here.

As for everyone else on here thanks for the lovely comments

But the point that @kshama2001, myself and others are trying to make is that the system doesn't make the decision for you, it calculates a goal based on data you put in. It does not judge whether that goal is appropriate for you. The only safeguard in place is that MFP won't allow a goal less than 1200/day for women, but even that is likely too low for most people.

You are lamenting the fact that your traditional Sunday dinner is going to have a big impact on your calorie alotment, what we are saying is that if you selected 1 kg/week for the loss of 2 stone (28 lbs) then that is likely too aggressive and you could (should) be eating more and still lose.

No worries about having to cut out Yorkshire pudding or anything else - putting in a more reasonable 0.5kg /week could give you up to an additional 500 cals/day, and when you lose 3-5 kg then you should adjust it again to 0.25 kg/week which will give you another 250 cals/day.

Losing weight as fast as possible is not always ideal... a wise rabbit (who also likes roast dinners, especially with carrots) once said, "the winner is the one who eats the most and still loses the weight".
  • kshama2001
    54405756.jpg
  • angerelle
    angerelle Posts: 175 Member
    Just wanted to say I use Delia's recipe for Yorkshire puds, I make 8 individual ones in a muffin tray (inspired by my MIL) and they come out at about 61 calories each. I have two though... I don't think Sunday lunches are too bad, especially if you have loads of veg, less meat than you used to and fewer roasties. It's the crumble afterwards that uses up all my calories!
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    and don't forget you could do some exercise for some calories to eat back as well. Give you a few more calories to eat on Sunday!
  • kshama2001
    edited September 2016
    makingmark wrote: »
    and don't forget you could do some exercise for some calories to eat back as well. Give you a few more calories to eat on Sunday!

Ya, in my n=5 childhood we had a roast every Sunday but were not overweight, because we were active. And portion sizes were reasonable.