Need a few exercise buddies! (Fitbit, C25k, Zombie Run, Audible)

Options
sweetcore
sweetcore Posts: 13 Member
edited September 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
I want to get back to exercising almost daily. My first week was fantastic, got my steps in but ate too much, second week I failed hard on everything, and the third week I ate better and didn't exercise much. So it is my fourth week and I am committed as ever.

I weight 191 lbs atm and plan to go down to about 135 lbs so my journey will take me until next summer.

I want to get my 10k steps in (I have a fitbit) and challenges definitely push me. Right now I am doing the workweek hustle. I am also doing the C25k, I am on week 2.
And I plan on doing the Zombie Run 5k virtual run next spring!

My routine is walk for 1-2 miles in the morning, do the C25k or Zombie Run in the afternoon, and do some focused workouts (abs, thighs, etc.) at night.

Also, I just got into Audible and plan to listen to some books while on my walks, if you wanna have a weekly or bi-monthly book recommendation type of book club, I think that would be fun. I currently have 6 books lined up.

I wanna make exercising as fun as possible and would really like friends who have similar interests in exercising as me so please add me if you do!

Also, tell me your goals and plans! I would love to know.

Fitbit: https://www.fitbit.com/user/4VQNK8

Replies

• sweetcore
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For some reason the last bit of my post got cut. I dunno if that happens to anyone on the app?
  • RR0817
    RR0817 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Zombies, Run app. It makes running somewhat bearable. You and I have similar weightloss goals. I started at 184, down to 168.8, and on my way to 135 :) It's a long haul. I have a fitbit, as well as a garmin. I was told by my doctor to lose 5-10 pounds and that my cholesterol was 249 and that jumpstarted my healthy eating :) Good luck. I'm also on Chantix to help me quit smoking as well so I've got all kinds of goals lined up!

Garmin: TnR4Life
    Fitbit: //www.fitbit.com/user/26TLLN

I have audible as well. Love it!!! I just finished Stephen King's IT.
  • sweetcore
    Options
    TnR4life wrote: »
    I'm doing the Zombies, Run app. It makes running somewhat bearable. You and I have similar weightloss goals. I started at 184, down to 168.8, and on my way to 135 :) It's a long haul. I have a fitbit, as well as a garmin. I was told by my doctor to lose 5-10 pounds and that my cholesterol was 249 and that jumpstarted my healthy eating :) Good luck. I'm also on Chantix to help me quit smoking as well so I've got all kinds of goals lined up!

Garmin: TnR4Life
    Fitbit: //www.fitbit.com/user/26TLLN

I have audible as well. Love it!!! I just finished Stephen King's IT.

Nothing like a good scary book to get you running! I will definitely add some Stephen King into my list. Right now I am listening to The Last Tribe by Brad Manuel (post apocalyptic) and I guarantee I am going to want to keep exercising when it starts getting good.

I've never been much of a runner, but these apps make it easier for sure!

Will add you!
  • Luv2h1k3
    Luv2h1k3 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit heavier but looking to get around 135-140. I have a desk job so challenges are vital in pushing me to get my 10k a day. Feel free to add me. https://www.fitbit.com/user/279979
  • sweetcore
    Options
    kim69194 wrote: »
    I'm a bit heavier but looking to get around 135-140. I have a desk job so challenges are vital in pushing me to get my 10k a day. Feel free to add me. https://www.fitbit.com/user/279979

Added you! I am going to try to do 10k a day so I will definitely invite you to the challenges or you can invite me, as well.