What works for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• ridiculous59
    ridiculous59 Posts: 2,858 Member
    Options
    In the summer I make a big salad on sunday and that's my lunches for the week. I just add the protein each day: tuna, leftover chicken breast, salmon, etc. In the winter I make a big pot of soup on sunday and do the same thing. Most days I have a smoothie or fruit and yoghurt for breakfast. I "move" six days a week. In the winter I go the gym, ski, snowshoe, swim, or skate. In the the summer I paddle, run, hike, or bike. I do some strength training a couple of times a week. I find that by mixing up my fitness I never have problems with over using certain joints or muscles. I eat a regular dinner, just smaller portions. I have to log every mouthful. Even the wine on weekends. If I don't, then it's like I didn't eat it. I''m 2.5 years into this new "liifestyle". I've lost 82 pounds and have 5 to 10 pounds left to lose.

And that's what has worked for me. Good luck :)
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,981 Member
    Options
    zahra59 wrote: »
    We all know that what works for you may not work for me but I love to get some ideas I started my journey almost two months ago I lost 7 pounds already but I'm getting a little bit discouraged for some reasons I eat breakfast lunch dinner I do buy packaged food from HEB they have the health basket thingy and I try to make salads at home when I eat out I tried to eat half of my plate you so I can portion control go to the gym at least 4 times a week so please tell me a little bit about what works for you

You're losing about a pound a week, which is a great rate of loss if you have around 25-75 pounds to lose.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    I do several things...

Zig Zag my calories (I have low cal days and a high cal day where I eat maintenance but the daily average is 1250 if you average my week) for several reasons but one because I like some flexibility to eat pizza, potatoes and beer:).

I didn't know it was a thing until I came on here do IF 16:8 eating between 9am-5pm but I mostly skip breakfast and eat around 11 depending on if I'm hungry.

Pretty much have what I want as long as it fits in my daily goals, some of my fav modified to lower cal version. Noting is off limits except meat for other reasons but I've noticed some stuff I just do not want anymore or I make a lower cal version.

I don't eat my exercise cals back YET, but I'm only walking and just added yoga. This covers for days I go over a little and I also don't weigh food YET so it covers that as well.
  • Manda5352
    Manda5352 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My sister in law is a fitness trainer and she has helped me a lot I started in May and I have lost 44.5 so far. She is wonderful do you want her info