Hello

Options
Hi folks,
At Christmas time I thought I was up to 280 lbs and resolved to address the issue. Thanks to an optimistic scale it turns out I was actually near 300lbs!

I have only just started actually tracking calories, but had lost 35lbs before that. Just eating better and a bit less...AND Riding my bike instead of driving. I get about 65 miles a week just commuting to work, and usually more due to going out for lunch and errands. That is about 45 minutes of cardio. I have a trailer for the bike so I can take my dog to the off leash park, grocery shop, and even go to Costco without starting the car. That way I can keep up the exercise even on the weekend.

This works out better for me, because if I just exercise to exercise I hate it, but if I am going places and getting stuff done it is no big deal.

Replies

• tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great idea with the bike. Keep up the good work!
  • lemondrop75
    lemondrop75 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! keep up the good work!! where ever you can get your self moving is great. I wish you lots of luck.
  • Northern30
    Northern30 Posts: 65
    Options
    Way to go on your bike riding. Keep up the good work!!!
  • Ritamas2
    Ritamas2 Posts: 319
    Options
    Hi,
    You are doing great, that is the key, to find something you like
    to do and just do it! It doesn't have to be working out at a gym,
    walking is some of the best exercise there is and we all know
    you can do that anywhere, and riding a bike..I want a bike, I use
    to love riding bikes everywhere!!!

Great job, keep up the good work, and do what is right for you! :wink:
  • gumbykevbo
    gumbykevbo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I like my bikes. If (when...WHEN!) I reach 230 I plan to start commuting on my fixie... Too hard on my knees at my current weight. When I reach my goal I am going to buy a yellow jersey.

If anyone is thinking of getting a bike, spend a little more and get a good bike from a bike shop, instead of a bicycle shaped bundle of problems from a discount store.