What do you guys think?

I have set my goals at 2 lb/week, and I have been here since 12/27 (so that's four weeks as of tomorrow). I have always been 100% honest about what I log(both food and exercise), and have tried to eat back exercise calories, if I fail to hit the full mark, I am only leaving behind maybe 100~150 cals. So it seems like I am losing faster than 2 lb/week. Mind you, I am NOT complaining, I'm thrilled, but I wonder why? I'm not exercising more than about 3xweek (and then about an hour each time), do you know why the progress is so accelerated in the beginning? I had already lost seven pounds in the first week. That seems FAST. I don't want to hit a plateau, or go into the depressed metabolism state ("starvation mode") Do you think it's alright?

Believe me, I am HAPPY!!!!! about the loss, but I want to do it smart-

Even my DH commented - Isn't it supposed to be 2 lb/week? Do you want to blow away?
(I was secretly thrilled to hear that, :love: :blushing: )

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I have set my goals at 2 lb/week, and I have been here since 12/27 (so that's four weeks as of tomorrow). I have always been 100% honest about what I log(both food and exercise), and have tried to eat back exercise calories, if I fail to hit the full mark, I am only leaving behind maybe 100~150 cals. So it seems like I am losing faster than 2 lb/week. Mind you, I am NOT complaining, I'm thrilled, but I wonder why? I'm not exercising more than about 3xweek (and then about an hour each time), do you know why the progress is so accelerated in the beginning? I had already lost seven pounds in the first week. That seems FAST. I don't want to hit a plateau, or go into the depressed metabolism state ("starvation mode") Do you think it's alright?

Believe me, I am HAPPY!!!!! about the loss, but I want to do it smart-

Even my DH commented - Isn't it supposed to be 2 lb/week? Do you want to blow away?
    (I was secretly thrilled to hear that, :love: :blushing: )
  • tashjs21
    tashjs21 Posts: 4,584 Member
    It'll slow down as your body settles in.
  • Sapporo
    Sapporo Posts: 693 Member
    It is always fast at the beginning when you have more to lose, your ticker says you had 87 to lose at the start. You needn't worry. :) It will slow down later but that is okay. Congrats. :)
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    How much you lose also depnedns on your resting metabolic rate( how many calories you body burns on a normal basis). If you have been really changing your diet and excerise routine for over a month then you have probaly just ignited your metabolism!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    I hope you are right, tid, I was a healthy-weight almost all my life, it was in the last 5 years or so that I really let myself get overweight by a lot. My DH told me he thinks it is just my body remembering how to be healthy... Thanks for the encouragement- all of you!
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    In the beginning you lose a TON of water weight, plus the more you have to lose the more you seem to lose in the beginning...especially if you have made a significant change in your diet!

keep up the good work and enjoy the quick weight loss while it lasts!!! :drinker:
  • tidwelljw
    tidwelljw Posts: 146
    I know how you feel though. I used to work out constantly, but weight trainning and no cardio. The I quit for about 2 years. I have just recently decided to turn my life around. My wife and I found out we are expecting our first child and it has kind of changed the way I view things. This time I am going to do it right and stay that way!
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Wow! I say roll with it baby!:smokin:

Great job on your success!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!