Looking for Mom Friends in the 40-50ish range

Options

Replies

• mpedward4421
    mpedward4421 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 45 with 2 kids (ages 21 & 17) I just started on this journey (this week) so any advice, wisdom, knowledge would be welcomed. Feel free to add me, if I can figure this out I will add y'all too. :p
  • panama10
    panama10 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    42 year old here with a 15 year old, and 10 year old twins. In the last year I've gained 15 lbs!! I just didn't realize how inactive I am until my body ached horribly after a simple walk! I used to run, even ran a marathon and have let myself go in the last 3 years for sure.
    I have a goal to lose 15 lbs and get back in shape
  • Xchubby
    Xchubby Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    iam 43. I am going through divorce right now. I have 3 Girls age 9, 11 and 14 and iam working full time. iam often too tired to work out but i try.
  • bearinthebigbluehouse
    Options
    Hi I am 46, I have a 14 year old son and 17 year old daughter who is senior. I have about 60 pounds to lose and I am having hard time sticking to any plan. I hate to exercise.
  • sherrirollins4
    sherrirollins4 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Me. I'll be 53 this month. I'm Mom to 3 guys and one beautiful daughter. I have a son in law who is awesome and a grand daughter who is the absolute apple of my eye! I've been Keto since August 1 and dabble in intermittent fasting. I've taken up jogging and I want to run some 5Ks this Fall. Please add! Thanks!
  • deedles28
    deedles28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I seem to fit your profile and am just starting...again, hopefully for the last time. I'm married, have 3 kids and work full time. The kids all play one sport a season and we always feel over-scheduled with not a lot of time for exercise, etc. I do have access to a gym at work, but can not always make it there during my lunch. Would love to have friends to keep me motivated, as well. Anyone, please feel free to add me.
  • rebecky27
    rebecky27 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I know this post is a month old now, but I just restarted MFP. I'm 42, married and have 3 kids ages 11, 13 and 18. Over the summer, I was diagnosed with high BP and I knew I needed to do something. With meds, we finally got it under control with the right mix... but I want off these meds. So, I have returned to MFP determined not to let the craziness of sports schedules, work schedules and other family commitments get in the way! Anyone, feel free to add me. :)
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    I have to jump back and read too. I'm 50 and have a 7 and 9 year old. We are a bit more unique for sure.
    I started this at 45 when my 'good' cholesterol was only 17 (should be at least 40) and I knew I had to change for them.
    My check last month had me at 62! yay .
    Now... the darn belly fat has come back again.... so keep pressing on
  • christiburnam170
    Options
    I am a 43 year old mom of 3 (9 1/2, 8 and 20 months. I'm 40 pounds into a 60 pound goal. I'd love to get to know another late life mom. I started February 1st with MyFitnessPal and with the Daily Burn workout channel. I feel fitter than I have for years! I've stalled out with weight loss for the last month or so but am working out very regularly and am building muscle so I do not feel bad about that.
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I'm 48 and married with 9 kids (ages 26, 25, 18, 16, 14, 12, 11, 9, & 6)...plus our first Grandbaby on the way from our oldest and his wife! I am trying to jump back on the bandwagon myself. I need to lose at least 50 lbs, but would love to lose around 75. I have such a hard time these days between being so busy, having a snail slow metabolism and an unhealthy love of foods that aren't good for me :( I would love it if you add me!
  • kjdaughtridge
    kjdaughtridge Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm 52 and have 3 kids. The youngest just started college. I have let my weight creep up over the years and want to lose 50-60 lbs. I just joined MFP and I am loving how it is keeping me accountable.
  • heycheerioyall
    heycheerioyall Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm 48 and have a 22 year old daughter. I'm six weeks post-op from a LAVH. My doctor gave me the go ahead to start running & working out again, with a few stipulations until the 8-10 week mark. I've lost about 5 pounds since the surgery and would love to lose 30-40 more by my annual PE next September.
  • Krista2470
    Krista2470 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all, going to be 46 (tomorrow) I have 2 girls 18 and 13. I've been trying to change my eating habits since Feb of this year and have lost 30 lbs, to date. I would like to lose another 30 plus to get to a healthy weight. It is a constant struggle to eat healthy and I would love to have some MFP friends to help keep me motivated.
  • mynoodz
    mynoodz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi. I guess this is how I join...Please add me. I'm 45 with a serious case of frumpy mom syndrome. I have a 4 year old and a 9 year old and next month I will be having a hysterectomy with instant menopause; I truly hope to get the fat down. I need to get it together!!
  • mynoodz
    mynoodz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel guilty when they go to the gym rather than straight home from work? I always feel awful and I think it would be good for the kids to know that taking care of yourself is important.......crazy.
  • Golbat
    Golbat Posts: 276 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    mynoodz wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel guilty when they go to the gym rather than straight home from work? I always feel awful and I think it would be good for the kids to know that taking care of yourself is important.......crazy.

My younger daughter always complains when I go to the gym if she's home. I generally go when she's at school, but I'm not held hostage either. She has a father and a teenage sibling who are both very capable of watching her.

But yeah I feel like I have to hurry.
  • kaldymp
    kaldymp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, would love to be added to this group. My story is pretty much a blend of all of the above. Need to get back into healthy eating ... again ...
  • triciale555
    triciale555 Posts: 57 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me. I am new to this website and just starting me healthy diet and excercise lifestyle. I am 41 and have a daughter
  • cericeri
    cericeri Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'd love you to add me too. You're so right about about the weight problems whern we reach a certain age. I'm new to this whole dieting thing. Age 52, four kids 22-30, a five year old stepson, and I've also just become a brand new grandma! I had a weight problem in my teens (and was constantly crash dieting/ binge eating which was so unhealthy mentally and physically) but it all disappeared after the birth of my first son. I happily lived the next 25 years with only a few regular seasonal weight fluctuations, which I would consider is normal. But now I've hit Menopause (with a capital M) and I seem to be slowly but surely mounting up the weight, despite cycling to work every day and generally keeping fit. I don't even own any scales, but I now have half a wardrobe of clothes that I can't wear and the tape measure is depressing me. I'd love to get any support out there, and offer what I can in return :)
  • MichiganJen
    MichiganJen Posts: 40 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Room for one more? I'm 46 with a 9 and 6 year old kids. I feel like I see myself all over in everyone's posts.

I work out at home - I too feel too guilty to hit the gym after work. My kids are at the school from 7:30 in the morning until 4:30 in the afternoon and being away from us more that being with us is a frequent topic of conversation in the more emotional moments. It's hard to be six! Plus, I think it might be good for my kids to see that mom can knock out a dozen push-ups today when two weeks ago she could only do 5.

Golbat - love your screen name! My kid is a Pokémon junkie - it has done wonders for getting him away from the video games and outside getting some miles!